Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 10:40 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Two?

Not really...

"Barry Adam, a gay professor at the University of Windsor in Canada, last year interviewed 70 gay men who were part of 60 couples for his study, “Relationship Innovation in Male Couples.”

Only 25 percent of those interviewed reported being monogamous, with age and experience playing a major factor, Adam said."

Gay couples try non-monogamy, study shows // Current TV
that's a red herring. The gay men that adopt kids are not likely to be the kind that you report in this study- guarantee it. It takes a special kind of person to raise kids.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:47 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
When same sex and abortion come out in the same phrase....something unsavory seems to take place...as for well to do gay couples with lots of disposable income and an ability to hire the best lawyers it is slightly frightening to know poor people under a lot of stress who lose their kids - will have them end up in the homes of same sexers. BUT only if they are good looking- I am sure that some of these couples would like blonde blue eyed kids over throw away black kids or ugly malformed children...It might be a stereo typical comment on my part but they might want to adopt a new kind of designer kid- seeing that materialism and a general superficial attitude exists in some of the gay community- It would be a bad day if the kid did not match there couch.....yes that's a bit cruel- point being - are they willing to adopt disabled kids if they are so loving?
What?! If you knew anything about gay adoption, you'd know that gay couples often get the children who are not wanted by opposite-sex couples.

How does someone become so woefully ignorant and bigoted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yeah, we all know the real objective is to get homosexual propaganda into the public schools because only kids are gullible enough to believe a guy's hairy *** is a sex organ.
I feel your hate.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:12 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
How many times have you been told that, unless you are a homosexual yourself, same-sex "marriage" cannot possibly affect you?

The next time someone says this to you, show him this document: What same-sex "marriage" has done to Massachusetts". The fact is that same-sex "marriage" has completely transformed the state, imposed itself on every institution, and impacted absolutely everyone in some way. This document spells it all out. The homosexual agenda is totalitarian to the core. The goal is not really marriage, but the normalization of homosexuality throughout society.

The most shocking thing on the list?

"Adoption agencies have said that 40% of their adoptions are to homosexual couples."

Kyrie eleison.
My lord, children who would otherwise be abandoned are being put into loving homes. What is the world coming to!?

[/sarcasm]

Old 08-08-2012, 05:16 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
Quote:
When same sex and abortion come out in the same phrase....something unsavory seems to take place...as for well to do gay couples with lots of disposable income and an ability to hire the best lawyers it is slightly frightening to know poor people under a lot of stress who lose their kids - will have them end up in the homes of same sexers. BUT only if they are good looking- I am sure that some of these couples would like blonde blue eyed kids over throw away black kids or ugly malformed children...It might be a stereo typical comment on my part but they might want to adopt a new kind of designer kid- seeing that materialism and a general superficial attitude exists in some of the gay community- It would be a bad day if the kid did not match there couch.....yes that's a bit cruel- point being - are they willing to adopt disabled kids if they are so loving?
I'm gay and I plan on adopting a disabled kid. I'm disabled myself so for me it's just a no-brainer.

How many heterosexual couples are willing to adopt older and disabled kids?

Old 08-08-2012, 05:34 AM

15,860 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Gays and lesbians are more likely to adopt older (because once you hit 3, your chances of being adopted out of the foster care system drop - and become tiny by 7), special needs, or minority children. That's a fact. An October 2011 report by Evan B. Donaldson Adoption Institute found that, of gay and lesbian adoptions at more than 300 agencies, 10 percent of the kids placed were older than 6 — typically a very difficult age to adopt out. About 25 percent were older than 3. Sixty percent of gay and lesbian couples adopted across races, which is important given that minority children in the foster system tend to linger. More than half of the kids adopted by gays and lesbians had special needs.

Other facts: Massachusetts has ONE OF THE THE LOWEST DIVORCE RATES IN THE COUNTRY. In 2010, it had the absolute lowest rate, but it's still in the bottom 3. Massachusetts has the best public school system in the country and the most well educated people in the country. And we have gay marriage. These things are not coincidences. And that's why this is a wonderful state to raise families in, no matter if you are gay or straight.

Last edited by charolastra00; 08-08-2012 at 05:45 AM..

Old 08-08-2012, 05:43 AM

15,860 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
Just go look in the adoption thread of the parenting forum. How many parents are steered away from adopting older kids because of the "issues" they might have? Other parents have said they went abroad to Russia because it was too difficult to find a white child to adopt domestically, while there are over 100,000 children available for adoption in the foster care system right this minute (and more who need temporary foster homes). When people say "there aren't enough children to adopt", they mean there aren't enough healthy infants or toddlers to adopt.

My boyfriend grew up in the foster care system. So did his best friend, who was adoptable from a young age. His best friend has cerebral palsy and is Latino, my boyfriend was not adoptable until his teens. Neither ever got a permanent home, and they were homeless after aging out of the system. HOMELESS. Do you know what it's like to be homeless with a disability?

If gay adoption had been allowed in their state when they were growing it, it would not necessarily have meant they would have gotten permanent homes - but it would have meant they had a greater shot at growing up with stability that a group home cannot offer. Growing up with gay parents, or single parents, is significantly better than growing up in a group home. When you argue against that, it's clear that your agenda has nothing to do with the best interest of children who desperately need a family.

Last edited by charolastra00; 08-08-2012 at 05:54 AM..

Old 08-08-2012, 06:13 AM

441 posts, read 501,237 times
Acquaintances of our adopted a baby girl from Costa Rica. By the time she was a year old, it became obvious she was suffering from cerebral palsy, a very severe case. They had evidently only been planning to adopt a "perfect" child and didn't want to deal with a disabled child and put her into institutional care. One of the educators (a gay man) at the institution took pity on her, began taking her home on weekends and ended up adopting her, with his partner.

I ran into our acquaintance a few months ago and asked what had become of Melanie - she had mentioned her from time to time over the years, seen her occasionally and still felt guilty about her 20-year-old decision to get rid of Melanie. She told me it had worked out very well. It was actually more practical that Melanie had two dads because she was physically very disabled which meant she, now a grown woman, needed to be carried and constantly helped with physical chores and two guys were better equipped than a woman (her husband had left her by then) to manage the burden of physical disability.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:38 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
So...same-sex marriage has decreased the tax burden by removing children from orphanages?

Looks like same-sex marriage has 2 positive effects.

Thanks for pointing that out, Pilgrim.
Thanks for reason.
What would they rather do,have these poor children locked away in an orphanage with no one to love them?

Old 08-08-2012, 06:46 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
What did you think would happen, when you transformed Government into God?
Of coarse your going to get ****ed in the ass.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:10 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
If 40% of adoptions are by homosexual couples, then it looks like 5% is doing the work that the 95% don't want to do, can't do, or are too lazy to do.

If "more kids being adopted" is a BAD thing for you, I submit that you have not only a WARPED sense of morality, but that you are in fact, quite evil.

Of COURSE children should suffer without a home so YOU and your weak minded and weak willed cohort can envision a theocratic utopia!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies