Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 08:21 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,147,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
In time same sexers will have all the rights they need..The will be free to use medical means to conceive and kind or well paid surrogates to have children. Now look forward 25 years at these kids once they are grown and out in the world. What will they be like? How many of them will be part of society? Will there be a few million? It's possible. Will they have been brought up and trained to loath traditional hetros (what's left of them) and will they have the power to persecute what is left of the traditional population? Will they be brought up to be tolerant and kind to those that disagree with what will be a new social value? I don't see that...from the two young adults I know raised by lesbians...They have a bit of hetrophobia.
So what do you suggest we do? Take away their right to have and raise children simply because they're gay? Wtf? Do you suggest we burn them at the stake? Or were you thinking something more like an oven? How 'bout we just gas 'em. That'll stop 'em.

I'm all about traditional values, the women on here that don't really like me will tell you that, or just look at some of my old posts. But this is just stupid. They should be brought up to be tolerant, as should everyone. Some will be tolerant because of the way they were raised, some won't be tolerant of heteros and so won't even be tolerant of gays. Just like when heteros raise kids, they don't always turn out the way you want them to. It's not like they are a different species or something....

Old 08-08-2012, 08:24 AM

2,160 posts, read 1,957,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
How many times have you been told that, unless you are a homosexual yourself, same-sex "marriage" cannot possibly affect you?

The next time someone says this to you, show him this document: What same-sex "marriage" has done to Massachusetts". The fact is that same-sex "marriage" has completely transformed the state, imposed itself on every institution, and impacted absolutely everyone in some way. This document spells it all out. The homosexual agenda is totalitarian to the core. The goal is not really marriage, but the normalization of homosexuality throughout society.

The most shocking thing on the list?

"Adoption agencies have said that 40% of their adoptions are to homosexual couples."

Kyrie eleison.
Horrors!

Those poor kids. I'll bet they long and pine for the days before they were adopted...

You know, you don't have to be married to adopt children. Second, your ilk incessantly insists that marriage is good for children, yet you want to deny to the gay parents of children the right of marriage. Obviously, the well-being of children is nothing more than a talking point for you.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:25 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,947,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
How many times have you been told that, unless you are a homosexual yourself, same-sex "marriage" cannot possibly affect you?

The next time someone says this to you, show him this document: What same-sex "marriage" has done to Massachusetts". The fact is that same-sex "marriage" has completely transformed the state, imposed itself on every institution, and impacted absolutely everyone in some way. This document spells it all out. The homosexual agenda is totalitarian to the core. The goal is not really marriage, but the normalization of homosexuality throughout society.

The most shocking thing on the list?

"Adoption agencies have said that 40% of their adoptions are to homosexual couples."

Kyrie eleison.
Most of what the author of that piece complains about is that homosexuality and or gay marriage are being promoted as normal and acceptable. You don't want it to be taught that such practices & lifestyles are normal, acceptable, or in fact anything other than evil. But let's go just a bit deeper, shall we?

The author of that piece doesn't show any actual negative consequences to same sex marriage. Can you? What is the REASON you want to make sure that same sex marriage is always seen as an evil institution? My personal belief is that we should all be able to do what we want, so long as it doesn't harm someone else or unreasonally intrude on their ability to do as they please. So, what harm is caused to you or anyone else by two consenting loving adults having whatever relationship they want to have? How is your life impacted by John marrying Steve, or Rebeccca & Laura raising a child in a stable loving home?

Old 08-08-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
In time same sexers will have all the rights they need..The will be free to use medical means to conceive and kind or well paid surrogates to have children. Now look forward 25 years at these kids once they are grown and out in the world. What will they be like? How many of them will be part of society? Will there be a few million? It's possible. Will they have been brought up and trained to loath traditional hetros (what's left of them) and will they have the power to persecute what is left of the traditional population? Will they be brought up to be tolerant and kind to those that disagree with what will be a new social value? I don't see that...from the two young adults I know raised by lesbians...They have a bit of hetrophobia.
Why?

Every time you clowns predict doom and gloom, it fails to happen.

Remember how gay marriage was going to destroy opposite-sex marriage? Hasn't happened.
Remember how repealing DADT wasn't going to destroy military cohesion and effectiveness? Hasn't happened.

You keep crying wolf, and every time you do you find fewer and fewer people willing to buy the nonsense you're peddling.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:31 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,147,371 times
Quote:
An unwanted child tossed into the foster care system is a child that will be abused and neglected and never loved properly..I understand that- as for abortions...I doubt very much that a woman can be convinced to go full term with the promise of the child being adopted out to a gay or straight couple. So that idea makes no sense - so why even insert that idea into the equation?

Abortion is so ingrained as an option that woman are not going to go through a full pregnancy and deliver the child to a gay couple....unless gays seek out woman who are pregnant and offer them the option - and probably some money...Then we get into the area of baby selling..which falls into the same ethical slump as abortion for that matter.

The term 'homophobic' has to go. Because it does not conjure up the image of a victim seeking rights- but of something as the word says - that is scary and intimidating. No one has a phobia (fear) when it comes to gays...but if they continue to be overly aggressive a true fear and resentment will form. When you use the term homophobic, it creates this image of a straight male who is terrified at the prospect of getting sodomized...much like some weaker prisoner in a jail.

Homophobia is like a term that gays seem to use that states- there is something wrong with a straight male who fears being sodomized..like "what's wrong with you- it is all good".............The term homophobia is totally inaccurate and people hate the fact that gays are calling them fearful cowards for not brave or something. The term is twisted and Orwellian...and I don't know how the hell they came up with this term or how it has become so quickly ingrained in our culture..I could understand gays who are justifiably hetrophobic...I would say there is more hetro-phobia going on these days...and an over reaction by gays to the spite and resentment that some straights have towards them.

Instead of people being more private and getting along...activists on both sides are fanning the flames of hate...There is no real progress taking place here other than pissing everyone off...Forced acceptance never works..If there are to be equal rights..It has to be achieved gently...perhaps gays should use some Christian concepts such as over coming your enemy through love instead of using emotional violence?
My point with the whole abortion thing was, we can't sit there and say we're pro life and then when someone comes along (hetero or homo) and wants to adopt say no. I understand that women will have abortions anyway, I expressed it wrong. I apologize.

I agree with everything you just said, except what is emboldened. I just don't get what rights you are seeking. If you could explain that would be great.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:38 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,711,124 times
I have no problem with a gay couple adopting a child because they want to give that child a good home. I do have a problem if they are using adoption as a way to further their agenda. A gay friend told me years ago that part of the plan is to raise a generation that is accepting of gays. One of the best ways they see of doing that is adoption.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:40 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,947,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I have no problem with a gay couple adopting a child because they want to give that child a good home. I do have a problem if they are using adoption as a way to further their agenda. A gay friend told me years ago that part of the plan is to raise a generation that is accepting of gays. One of the best ways they see of doing that is adoption.
What would be the down side of a generation of people that are accepting of gays? What's the reason to oppose such a goal?

Old 08-08-2012, 08:43 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,711,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
What would be the down side of a generation of people that are accepting of gays? What's the reason to oppose such a goal?
You favor using children to further a political and social agenda?

Old 08-08-2012, 08:44 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,328,802 times
I think it is fairly obvious that the OP is starting threads then abandoning them as he/she just wants to troll. Posting a homophobic thread with a link to a site that lacks any form of empirical evidence. It's a way to stir up emotions and not have to defend your view.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I guess your 'gay friend' attends regular meetings of the Gay Agenda Planning Committee...

But thanks for letting us all know that, unlike heterosexuals who generally have children because they want to raise and love and nurture children, gays are just doing it to make the future world be more pro-gay...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies