Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 04:25 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Notice how the liberals are behind the zero tolerance laws? More proof that liberalism has nothing to do with "tolerance".

A liberal wouldn't know tolerance if it bit them on the gluteus maximus.
Your attempts at turning this into a partisan issue are pathetic... please stay on topic, and stop making such ridiculously blanketed statements about "all liberals." Guess I should just follow your lead, and say all conservatives condone and even CHEER when somebody is called a homophobic slur. Seems to be the case, judging by the reactions here! Speaking of misunderstanding the concept of tolerance, please explain how this child (and their family) is showing tolerance by using such a hateful word.

But did I/we ever say anything about zero tolerance laws? Guess what - I don't support them, and think every situation should be assessed on a case-by-case basis. So you can stop with the ASSumptions already, since I know you don't like when people do that to you.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:27 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
What ever happened to raising up boys to be men? That was a good one- Talk like pirates and curse the gods...swear and drink rum and spit...like men...maybe even fart in pubic?
Then there was a Mel Gibson movie I can't remember which one...... he told his son never to spit in front of women and children..........

Old 08-08-2012, 04:28 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Since when do I speak for all liberals, and since when am I in control of the system? I don't even work in a school, LOL.

FYI, it's the TEACHER'S job to educate children - administration is in charge of rules and regulations, which include handing out punishments as they're deemed appropriate. Do you know the difference between these two designations? Oh yeah, and I never meant to imply it's their ONLY job, I just meant it's a part of their job.
Where do you get this idea from? Teachers don't enforce rules? Teacher don't set their own rules in their own classrooms? Every teacher I ever had did. Some were strict and some weren't. Teachers don't stand out in the hallways keeping on eye on kids between classes the administrators do?

Old 08-08-2012, 04:29 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Oh, like it's a huge surprise that the OP, whose online username is a tribute to the President of the Confederacy, would have a grandson who spews hate invective at fellow students. We should all be baffled and scratching our heads at how that word was planted into his grandson's mind.
I'll bet my last dollar that the grandson freely uses the "n" word too.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puggal View Post
I love that anything, even this, polarizes this board into liberal vs. conservative. Pathetic. Conservatives, are you really taking the side of the bully because a few board liberals are saying it wasn't appropriate? This just in: Liberals think jumping into a bonfire is dangerous.

And the cries of 'kids are too coddled!' coming from those who think a day's suspension is severe punishment.

The Onion couldn't make this shizz up.
LOL. I know, right?? All we're saying is the kid was wrong, and hardly anyone has even commented on the punishment itself... but as is typical of this board, NOTHING can go without somebody lamely inserting "liberals/conservatives are bad, mkay?"

Old 08-08-2012, 04:32 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I don't think that's it at all. The system filters out MANY things.

My daughter graduated Summa *** Laude.. Can you figure out what word has the ***? Is that word so bad that it had to be filtered?
It is very sad that that Latin word has to be filtered but many of those who are arguing about the use of ****** would make all kinds of noises if they saw that word, even though it is part of a Latin term used by those hateful educated people who just haven't got away from the old Latin-Catholic usage.

I wonder what happens when one laughs at the terms we used to laugh about on the Autobahn in Germany. When I was on that road and saw the word ausfahrt which meant off ramp in our English or freifahrt which meant one way in our language. Surely I will be accused of some kind of lack of education or something for talking about this.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Where do you get this idea from? Teachers don't enforce rules? Teacher don't set their own rules in their own classrooms? Every teacher I ever had did. Some were strict and some weren't. Teachers don't stand out in the hallways keeping on eye on kids between classes the administrators do?
O.M.G. Where did I ever say they don't enforce rules? Again - the administration is MAINLY in charge of determining punishments (which is different from enforcing rules on the spot), whereas the teachers are MAINLY in charge of teaching in the classroom. Do I really need to be that specific to avoid confusing people here? Wow, that's sad.

Please stop putting words in my mouth, and learn to follow the conversation... to repeat my original point, "the kid was wrong, and the school did what they felt was appropriate." Okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Which is....?
Dictionary.com | Find the Meanings and Definitions of Words at Dictionary.com

I'm tired of answering stupid questions, especially when you know the answer.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:36 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
These are children, and they need to be taught what is or isn't appropriate to say to other people... would you be so flippant if your child was called a hateful name? Maybe you would, and if so I find that rather sad.

Call me crazy, but aren't the parents supposed to be teaching their kids about respect, proper language, manners, etc? I know every kid slips up from time to time, but this permissive attitude so many of you seem to have is scary... and then you'll probably blame their poor manners and foul mouths on liberals, LOL.
Actually, I have to say it's liberals who throw the F word around like it's common use. I spoke with one lady(all the while telling me how Liberal she was) and told her I thought the word was inappropriate to be used in the grocery store..........she informed me she used it all the time and found nothing wrong with it. She said it was her favorite word...........I had no reply thats not the answer I excepted.

So I'm assuming her kids use it freely...............at home. If one of her sons were to call my kid a name, I'd just advise my kid to walk away be the bigger boy. The only thing my boys don't walk away so easy.

Quote:
O.M.G. Where did I ever say they don't enforce rules? Again - the administration is MAINLY in charge of determining punishments (which is different from enforcing rules on the spot), whereas the teachers are MAINLY in charge of teaching in the classroom. Do I really need to be that specific to avoid confusing people here? Wow, that's sad.

Please stop putting words in my mouth, and learn to follow the conversation... I'm done with this discussion now, and will close with my original point of "the kid was wrong, and the school did what they felt was appropriate." Okay?
Think your shouting and we can all hear you!!!

Last edited by wildflower82; 08-08-2012 at 04:47 PM..

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
You said admins are in charge of rules and teachers teach. That is not what happens. You were specific in your post and I disagreed. I didn't put any words in your mouth and am following the conversation. Apparently you don't like that somebody didn't agree with you.

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Who said it WAS appropriate? Not me. Kids are kid they do things that aren't appropriate. What bubble do you live in where kids are expected to never make a mistake? Crude behavior and language has taken over? LOL. When did this happen? Must have been before I was born.

You people with your feigned outrage are beyond ridiculous. Were you ever children? Apparently not.
Bologna...you made excuses and defended the little bully in several posts..."Let kids be kids." Right...let them verbally abuse others. Sort of like the typical post calling other posters "*******s" and other mature and socially acceptable slurs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies