Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 02:54 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
If the word is so bad it was automatically censored, I have a feeling this wasn't an issue of "PC" - it was an issue of your grandson using highly inappropriate words, which have NEVER been acceptable in a classroom setting. At least not where I grew up, but maybe slurs/curses are more accepted in your neck of the woods? He might as well learn respect now, as I'm doubting that censored word would be okay in a work setting (when he's grown).

When did teaching children about respect and proper language become a "PC" thing? That's ridiculous, and then you guys complain about children having no manners? Well duh. Maybe it's because people like the OP say "you can call people whatever you want, and expect no consequences!!!"
I don't think that's it at all. The system filters out MANY things.

My daughter graduated Summa *** Laude.. Can you figure out what word has the ***? Is that word so bad that it had to be filtered?

Old 08-08-2012, 02:55 PM

170 posts, read 203,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puggal View Post
Exactly. You and his parents are the problem if they encourage this behavior, not the school or 'political corrrectness.'
I am not encouraging anything. Kids will do what they will under the supervision of teachers while in school. Calling someone a name shouldn't have such a severe punishment.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:57 PM

170 posts, read 203,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Oh, of course! F*gg*t is completely acceptable. You should be very proud of him.
The other kid wasn't even gay.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:57 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,528,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You mean commie?
Not exactly.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:58 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
bizarre worked where most people were AA. they called each other this all day long. but one slip of the tongue even "you people" could cost u your career. even referring to a geographic area as having drug and alcohol issues was subject to racial accusations and discipline.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:59 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
The response of some is a perfect example of what insanity is running wild in this country. It's all these evil parents and that evil child needs to be punished on and on. If somebody called my kid a name, any name I sure as hell aint gonna go crying to the principal about it. Let em handle it on their own. Now the kid is gonna catch even more grief for running home crying to mommy and daddy who run out to whine to the school. Those are the parents causing problems. What will these children do when they are out on their own and mommy and daddy aren't there? Like the earlier poster said if somebody was called that name back in the day a straight right hand usually came back at em. Of course we can't have that either nowdays. The world of kiddom has been infiltrated by the know it all nothing adults and it's all screwed up now.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:59 PM

7,808 posts, read 6,387,167 times
Suspended is a little much. Detention max.

Old 08-08-2012, 03:00 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Political correctness out of control? Hardly.
Grandson out of control and in need of discipline at home? Yes indeed.

What ever happened to raising boys to be decent humans? If I or any of my brothers had used the kind of language that an adult needs to censor on some forum while we were at school, the best we could have hoped for was having our mouths washed out with soap. If his parents are meeting because they are mad he got disciplined at school, they are a large part of what is wrong with schools today.
Very Well Said

5,648 posts, read 8,053,753 times
Political correctness has gone out of control. It certainly wasn't like that back in the day, but PC was gaining in educational institutions after the 2000s.

5,872 posts, read 8,090,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersondavis View Post
My grand was sent home the otherday for calling some kid in his physical education class a ******. His parents have a meeting with the teacher and principal about it in a few days. Are kids nowadays just coddled wimps? Back when I was in school the word ****** wasn't a big deal and we called one another all sorts names all the time and nobody would go to the principal about it. Whatever happened to raising up boys to be men?
Because your grandson was being a bully and a b*tch having to use words that are attempting to intimidate and are in a class of hate speech.

Are kids coddled wimps? Yep, some still are, and your grandson is apparently one of them. Society today, doesn't condone or endorse 'hate'. Obviously he hears these words spoken to him, around him, by those who are responsible for raising him and his actions. They probably heard it from those who were responsible for them.

Raising boys up to be men, doesn't entail using threats, hate speech or intimidation. Those who believe that or endorse that are not men in any sense of the word either.

Your grandson is lucky he didn't get a beat down or worse arrested. Hopefully he and his parents and his family will have learned a lesson, but considering the atmosphere and upbringing where he learned those words in the first place, probably not. Good luck with the introduction into the administrative system, it's the first step to graduating to the criminal justice system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies