Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 04:33 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,090,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Great! You can pay for mine too, and get twice the price increase! Then you'll mind even less, right?
What I want to know is what makes these left wing kooks think the cost is to cover insurance because thats not what was said. They said the cost would go up because of Obamacare, but Obamacare is far from insurance.. Its FINES..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 04:35 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,042,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What I want to know is what makes these left wing kooks think the cost is to cover insurance because thats not what was said. They said the cost would go up because of Obamacare, but Obamacare is far from insurance.. Its FINES..
Don't get me wrong.

I don't support Obamacare.

It's not UHC, it's forcing us to buy into a broken system.

The statement I was making is if UHC was on the table, I wouldn't mind a price increase in everything, including taxes, to pay for it.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:40 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
That's how I felt about CFA until his "charitable donations" were made public.

One thing I will never, ever give up is Taco Bell.

That place is my lifeblood.
Taco Bell? Geezus...you must have an iron gut. Not that i don't like some of their items, but they don't like me.

But then, White Castle is church for me, so i've got no room to talk.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:40 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,944,994 times
Quote:
Don't get me wrong.

I don't support Obamacare.

It's not UHC, it's forcing us to buy into a broken system.

The statement I was making is if UHC was on the table, I wouldn't mind a price increase in everything, including taxes, to pay for it.
I would agree with this. Just expand medicare to cover everyone.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Taco Bell? Geezus...you must have an iron gut.
Not so much an "iron gut" as "knowing what and how to order".

Which, working there for 2 years will teach you exactly how to order Taco Bell, and which menu items are most superior.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Taco Bell? Geezus...you must have an iron gut. Not that i don't like some of their items, but they don't like me.

But then, White Castle is church for me, so i've got no room to talk.
White Castle is Krystal here. Fortunately, we don't have any in the state or I would weigh 300 lbs. I would not boycott them for any reason. I don't care who they gave money to...my outrage can only go so far. PaPa Johns...that is easy.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
White Castle is Krystal here. Fortunately, we don't have any in the state or I would weigh 300 lbs. I would not boycott them for any reason. I don't care who they gave money to...my outrage can only go so far. PaPa Johns...that is easy.
Yeah, the closest Krystal's to me I believe is about 8 hours, White Castle even further out.

We do make it a point to get Krystal's every time we go south.

And considering we're going to Dragon*Con in Atlanta at the end of the month...

Old 08-08-2012, 04:44 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
White Castle and Krystal's (along with Mrs Winners chicken) could all make public donations to the KKK, and i'm NEVER gonna stop going. LMAO

Old 08-08-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Yeah, the closest Krystal's to me I believe is about 8 hours, White Castle even further out.

We do make it a point to get Krystal's every time we go south.

And considering we're going to Dragon*Con in Atlanta at the end of the month...
Go to the Varsity in Atlanta. It is a hamburger joint (HUGE). Order the chili steak (hamburger with chili). Order 3 of them. They are a little bigger than a Krystal. Get the fried onion rings and the orange drink. You will be in heaven. Fortunately, I only get there about once a year. My arteries can handle that.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Go to the Varsity in Atlanta. It is a hamburger joint (HUGE). Order the chili steak (hamburger with chili). Order 3 of them. They are a little bigger than a Krystal. Get the fried onion rings and the orange drink. You will be in heaven. Fortunately, I only get there about once a year. My arteries can handle that.
I'll look into it, thanks. The wife and I were looking for a decent place to eat that weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies