Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 05:19 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,978,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
White people essentially came to America stole, robbed and pillaged to control the land and then exploited everybody else as much as possible.

That's the people with most White people
Now that is
Quote:
the epitome of racism.
You've pretty much been spewing anti-white racism over your last few posts. You're real quick to cry "racist" and blame whites for all the problems in the country but maybe you should look in the mirror and confront the racist there. Another example of the double standard in America. You get away with your smug self righteousness and say things like "White people came to American and stole, robbed and pillaged" and get away with it. If I point out the crime statistics that show that blacks are much more likely to "steal, rob, and pillage" then that makes me a "racist." Well I've ceased long ago to care about being called a "racist" because it's a hollow phrase that is essentially meaningless.

Quote:
Just because YOUR ancestors didn't own slaves doesn't mean they didn't benefit from a system that was specifically doesn't to deny Black Americans social, economic and political opportunity and equality. Take the head start your family got in America and compare to the what the conditions were for Black Americans were at that time. Then repeat the process for every generation your family has been in this country.

If you in anyway benefited from your descendants efforts then you benefited as well.

Just because people won't call you a n******r to you face anymore doesn't mean they won't treat you like one.

You act like institutional racism doesn't exist anymore.

Typical, most White people don't believe racism exists anymore simply because they said so.
So basically I need to pay for the sins of other people's fathers and undermine my own life to help a group of people who weren't even alive during slavery or Jim Crow "get head?" Institutional racism DOES NOT exist anymore! Stop making excuses for the failures of your people! You act like America never moved on past the 1950s. White people have bent over and took it the past several decades. We have been beaten down with the charge of racism and burdened with "white guilt," we've had our cultural identities stripped and told we can't have any ounce of cultural or racial pride with out being a "white supremacist." Our political heroes and the founders of this nation have been demagogued and we've been scapegoated for the failures of every minority group in the nation. We've been told we're evil and that we didn't really earn what we achieved in life rather benefited from "white privilege." Affirmative Action and hiring quotas have directly worked against our interests, especially white men.

No matter how much we grin and bear it, no matter how much undeserved guilt we take on, no matter how much we apologize for having white skin it's never enough. There's always some race hustler on TV to tell us that we can never give up enough. We turn on the TV and see the white race taking the fall for a Hispanic man shooting a black teen. Every time you turn around a white person is being labeled a "racist." Being a "racist" is a vague and open ended term that has a 1000 meanings and no meaning at all. It wouldn't be so bad if being a "racist" wasn't the worst thing you can be labeled in American society. The only group of people more hated than the "racists" is pedophiles. Being charged with "racism" can end your career and ruin your social standing, and of course only whites can be "racist." One faux pas and your career and livelihood can come burning to the ground.

So excuse me if I'm just a tad bit tired of being blamed for everyone else's problems. Excuse me if myself and other whites in America are just a little bit tired of celebrating black pride, Latino pride, gay pride, Asian pride, Native American pride, but being told that "white pride" is "hate speech." Excuse us if being held accountable for the actions of long dead ancestors is tiresome and excuse us for asking when will it be enough? When will I have paid the debts of other people's ancestors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 06:11 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,121 times
Quote:
Actually you are totally completely and absolutely WRONG.

Prior to LBJ there were no Black American C.E.Os of Fortune 500 companies, and no Back American Secretary of States, Supreme Court Justices, or National Security Advisors. There were no managers, head coaches, or owners of any major sports franchise or a Black American as Chairman of Chiefs of Staff, or Black American national new anchors, or Presidents of Ivy League universities. Such ideas that Black Americans could ever hold those positions or many others were simply not tolerated by many White Americans. Also the poverty rate for Black Americans was well over 40% in 1960 with about 9 million Black Americans living below the poverty level. After 50 years the number of Black Americans living below the poverty level is about 10 million. So while the population of Black Americans in this country has increased by over 100%. The number of Black Americans living below the poverty level has increased by only 10%.

Also in 1960 only 3% of Black Americans over the age of 25 had obtain a bachelors degree or higher. As of the last census about 19% of Black Americans over the age of 25 had obtain a bachelors degree or higher. So in the last 50 years the population of Black Americans doubled but the percentage of Black Americans with at least a 4 year college has increased by a factor of six.

The idea that Black Americans made more progress prior to LBJ and the Great Society is ludicrous that the only purpose that is serves it to reveal your ignorance and insult your intelligence.

You also talk about integration occurring naturally. Did it ever occur to you that segregation was unnatural that's why it was legally mandated for over 100 years in the first place?
I believe segregation to be most natural, humans naturally drift to their own kind. Forcing people to live with another race is just wrong, but if it is your choice, so be it.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:18 AM

2,523 posts, read 2,202,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I believe segregation to be most natural, humans naturally drift to their own kind. Forcing people to live with another race is just wrong, but if it is your choice, so be it.
Wrong people tend to mix when they have the chance.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Slavery, of course, contributed to the economic state of both the north and the south.

Slavery in the United States | Economic History Services
Actually slavery only contributed to the agricultural side of things in the south, mostly cotten. By the time the industrial revolution came along, slavery had been outlawed and slavery played no role in that what so ever, but possibly as free men they became employed in a different kind of slavery, just like the white man.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The United States of America, as we know it today, would not have been possible without the free labor of African slaves....therefore African slaves are most definitely an integral part of the building of the foundation of this nation.
Oh puleeeeeze! If there were no slaves, plantation owners would have used paid labor, I don't know where you get this bull crap from. They probably would have been better off, because slaves did not have very good work ethic.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:43 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
Wrong people tend to mix when they have the chance.
Not really that wrong. People are naturally curious about the unknown, which is why travel to foreign countries is popular. And then they are young single adults, particularly the males, tend to be curious about trying different "flavours" of while dating. But when it comes to settling down and picking a place to live and raise a family, most people prefer to live amongst others that share their same values, culture and spirituality in order to raise their children in their ancestors traditions.

Just look at in Africa where there are so many tribal conflicts and genocides. No mixing or sharing going on there, just multilation and death to those not of the same bloodlines.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:43 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
Quote:
Oh puleeeeeze! If there were no slaves, plantation owners would have used paid labor, I don't know where you get this bull crap from. They probably would have been better off, because slaves did not have very good work ethic.
Why would they have a good work ethic? They had no incentive other than fear and that only works if it is imminent. Besides, how would you know?

Old 08-12-2012, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Just because YOUR ancestors didn't own slaves doesn't mean they didn't benefit from a system that was specifically doesn't to deny Black Americans social, economic and political opportunity and equality. Take the head start your family got in America and compare to the what the conditions were for Black Americans were at that time. Then repeat the process for every generation your family has been in this country.

If you in anyway benefited from your descendants efforts then you benefited as well.

Just because people won't call you a n******r to you face anymore doesn't mean they won't treat you like one.

You act like institutional racism doesn't exist anymore.

Typical, most White people don't believe racism exists anymore simply because they said so.
Most people in this country did not benefit economically from slavery, slavery actually played a very small and insignificant role in the economy overall. The south where slavery existed, the economy was mostly based on cotton, which only benefited them, about 16 states, some which did not even grow cotten. My gg granfather fought for the north at Gettysburg, do I get credit for that?

Old 08-12-2012, 07:50 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,014 times
Quote:
doesn't matter about their work ethic, they worked for free or were forced to work or get killed that's a pretty stupid point. This country was built of free labor, excuse the black slaves, to this day the backbone of America is poor people making nothing building and picking stuff from trees... main reason why the illegals won't leave no time soon.

Some of the biggest businesses were founded in the early 1900's and were built of slave labor... you know this already, don't act stupid.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:07 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
What about the fact that so many black men have spent time in jail or prison? Being convicted of a felony is a sure way to make oneself unhireable. Most companies run CORI background checks on their potential hires these days. Most companies don't want to hire anyone with a criminal history. So this is another reason why the black unemployment rate is so high.
less that 10%

Next....

Doesn't change the fact that uneducated white men get hired at a 2 to 1 rate over uneducated black men.

I'm waiting for you to pull another trick up your sleeve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies