Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 10:07 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,148,137 times

Advertisements

The "pro-lifers" are starting to weigh in on why, not only, should the mentally retarded be executed if they murder, but that we should celebrate their executions.

In all honesty, the dregs, and I mean the absolute dregs of society, are the lowlifes who gather outside prisons to party when someone is killed by the state.

Gosh, those people love and value the "sanctity of life."

Old 08-08-2012, 10:09 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,309,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
No, he should not be set free. That is not what happens. He is obviously a threat to society. He should never be released into society. In situations where the killer is mentally retarded they are either kept in prison or sent to a mental institution. Being mentally retarded does not diminish the threat to the society. It is the punishment that should be altered. IN a murder case, the ability to understand right from wrong is a factor in the case. A mentally retarded person does not understand.
That's a decent, compassionate, and respectable opinion, but obviously the jury saw otherwise. They knew more about the case than we do. I sincerely hope the decision -decisionS- ( the case was appealed) were wise.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:10 PM

170 posts, read 202,937 times
If he broke the law and is a danger to society then so he got what he had comin' to him.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:11 PM

170 posts, read 202,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
The "pro-lifers" are starting to weigh in on why, not only, should the mentally retarded be executed if they murder, but that we should celebrate their executions.

In all honesty, the dregs, and I mean the absolute dregs of society, are the lowlifes who gather outside prisons to party when someone is killed by the state.

The difference is an unborn child is innocent this man was not.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:13 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,967,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Yet another criminal the left decides to put on a pedestal and claim he is the victim. Good riddance to scum.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersondavis View Post
If he broke the law and is a danger to society then so he got what he had comin' to him.
You shot your own credibility forever this afternoon when it comes to calling out people for taking responsibility for their actions. A truly pathetic display.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:14 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,309,727 times
Quote:

As unexpected as this may be, coming from me, a supporter of the death penalty, I agree with you. The premature death of a fellow human is nothing for decent people to celebrate. Some killers do deserve to die, IMO, but the celebration of the destruction of a human life is disturbing.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:15 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,967,571 times
Quote:

Yes and your new hero valued life too. Oops he was in jail for killing somebody.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersondavis View Post
The difference is an unborn child is innocent this man was not.
The exceptions you place upon your recognition of the sanctity of human life call into question your commitment to the principle in the first place. Your savior placed none of those same asterisks next to his declarations.

Without much prodding, you will undoubtedly defend the killing of innocents in other contexts when it might benefit your life. I would advise you not to go down that road, as you will look even sillier.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
As unexpected as this may be, coming from me, a supporter of the death penalty, I agree with you. The premature death of a fellow human is nothing for decent people to celebrate. Some killers do deserve to die, IMO, but the celebration of the destruction of a human life is disturbing.
Which is why I also find it unseemly when the President's supporters go around touting the killing of Bin Laden and others like it was a football game. I expect more out of that crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.