Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 11:21 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I don't care who's in charge. It needs to stop now. The people need to start coming together on common issues and stop letting the media divide us.
It is not just the media. All one has to do is look at the divisive rhetoric Obama has used while in office and the divisive rhetoric of the opposing side to same. The media is the tool through which the poison is desseminated. They have abandoned their responsibility as unbiased gatekeepers and instead are gossip columnists paid by the regime to carry its salt water to the slugs.

The vast majority of the American people are so unaware of not only their own history, but of current events, that they cannot come together on anything. Add to that willful ignorance, a financially and economically under-educated populous, the "isms" being used to divide the people of this country; and, the sad reality is that saving the Republic may well be impossible. (It makes me ill to admit this to myself.)

Sometimes when a structure's damage is beyond repair it must be allowed to fall before it can be rebuilt. The key will be rebuilding this Republic on a solid foundation of liberty rather than repressive elitism and tyranny by a powerful few. (Clue: Ron Paul's rEvolution)

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 08-09-2012 at 11:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 11:22 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So, IF, this true, and that is a BIG IF, then Rand commited a felony and should be locked up, when was he arrested and charged? I have serious doubts that this anything more than fear mongering, nothing new there for the right. FYI, Rand Paul is nothing like his father and has been just as much a "Good Republican" as the rest, so much for passing the torch from father to son
Not much separating the policies of Rand and Ron. In the Senate no one is closer to Ron Pauls policies than Rand. Yet you believe otherwise??? Doesn't surprise me.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:26 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I thank God everyday that even with the ape brained idiots in Congress, it's just a good thing folks like Casper aren't in power arresting people left and right with these vague and general bits of information that citizens have a right to know.
yes there is always one or more posters on threads justifying the actions of the kings men no matter how intrusive.I suspect they are in the employ of the crown to utter such indefensible lies.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:28 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
yes there is always one or more posters on threads justifying the actions of the kings men no matter how intrusive.I suspect they are in the employ of the crown to utter such indefensible lies.
I joke with my wife that her ancestors were loyalists and that my ancestors either immediately or eventually fought or revolted against just about everyone that tried to conquer them. But, jokes aside, these people would be guaranteed loyalist redcoats.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:30 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Not much separating the policies of Rand and Ron. In the Senate no one is closer to Ron Pauls policies than Rand. Yet you believe otherwise??? Doesn't surprise me.
Really? Is that why he did not endose his father but instead backs Mitt? Paulbots are a funny bunch, reality is something they simply ignore, must be a strange place to live.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:32 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
NSA logs every phone call made anymore. Probably every tweet and facebook post now too. Or if need be will go in and tell your ISP to hand over the info so they don't have to reveal to the public how they actually obtained it. If somebody told me ten years ago drones would be monitoring US citizens over our own country I'd have said they were crazy. Now anyone who argues that it's not right is deemed crazy. This is how simply pathetic the ankle grabbers have become.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
NSA logs every phone call made anymore. Probably every tweet and facebook post now too. Or if need be will go in and tell your ISP to hand over the info so they don't have to reveal to the public how they actually obtained it. If somebody told me ten years ago drones would be monitoring US citizens over our own country I'd have said they were crazy. Now anyone who argues that it's not right is deemed crazy. This is how simply pathetic the ankle grabbers have become.
These authoritarian types just "hope" that Dear Leader's party affiliation doesn't "change"

Old 08-09-2012, 11:58 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Really? Is that why he did not endose his father but instead backs Mitt? Paulbots are a funny bunch, reality is something they simply ignore, must be a strange place to live.
He didn't endorse Mitt, but said he is endorsing the "R" candidate. Big diff.
He also said his father was his first choice to back.

Sorry, but you seem to be the one distorting "reality" here. Should we now label you an Obamabot?

And why in the world would your gauge of truth be whether someone is arrested or not?

Old 08-09-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
He didn't endorse Mitt, but said he is endorsing the "R" candidate. Big diff.
He also said his father was his first choice to back.

Sorry, but you seem to be the one distorting "reality" here. Should we now label you an Obamabot?

And why in the world would your gauge of truth be whether someone is arrested or not?
I would best classify him as someone who gets wood watching any documentaries about William Sherman.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:02 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
of course the do legal search warrants and illeagl warrnts are not secret because they have to be declare such by a court which is open record.Then their are other searches which are legal and not requring warrants.Basically the post mkes little sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies