Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 01:12 PM

390 posts, read 265,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I know this case very well and have followed it from day one. You keep trying to diminish my input to this conversation by personally attacking me and my credibility. Stop it! Stay on your message. Push your agenda and Debunk my posts, but keep your personal attacks on me out of it.
If you actually did know this case, you would know Zimmerman stated he was returning to his vehicle when TM confronted him and attacked him. Not vice versa like you implied with your prior comment.

When your "input" is incorrect, naturally I am going to correct you on the facts of the case. Since you have followed it from day one, you shouldn't need correcting, but you most certainly do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 01:14 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Zimmerman got out of his car to confront Trayvon. He could have stayed in the car and let the police do their job.
That's not how it works. If Zimmerman was to go back to his car to get the gun after the initial confrontation SYG wouldn't apply and it would be murder.

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pancake View Post
Again, following someone is not against the law. Playing amateur wannabecop on "neighborhood patrol" is not against the law as long as that individual states he is an LEO.

The action was a result of TM confronting and attacking GZ as there is no evidence to the contrary. His injuries are consistent with his statements unless you believe he shot Martin, then bashed his own head on the ground a few times.
GZ was on his way to the store with his gun, he was not on neighborhood patrol at the time. One of the rules of neighborhood patrol is to not carry a weapon.

Following someone without identifying yourself and your intentions is intimidating and is courting a confrontation.

8,145 posts, read 6,528,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Does anyone recall a couple years ago at a Rand Paul rally, when one of his thugs, er, supporters, threw down and put his foot on the neck of some small woman who was protesting? I kid you not, the thug and right-wingers tried to defend it by saying that the petite gal was "rushing Rand's car" and they had to "protect" him from this possible attack. By the end of it, they were nearly arguing that she had placed her neck under the goober's boot.

They can spin anything. Anything, I tell you.
I remember that and you are correct. They wait to see WHO the victim is and then make their decision.

Old 08-09-2012, 01:16 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,582,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
GZ was on his way to the store with his gun, he was not on neighborhood patrol at the time. One of the rules of neighborhood patrol is to not carry a weapon.

Following someone without identifying yourself and your intentions is intimidating and is courting a confrontation.
I agree, but do we know that Zimmerman did not identify himself? We will also never know who started the physical altercation, and that is what the jury in this case will ultimately have to decide.

Old 08-09-2012, 01:16 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,898,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
That's not how it works. If Zimmerman was to go back to his car to get the gun after the initial confrontation SYG wouldn't apply and it would be murder.
If he had stayed in his car, the initial confrontation would not have happened.

Old 08-09-2012, 01:17 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,528,866 times
Bottom line is for the right if it was a kid named Justin Beaber GZ would be going to jail. He would actually already be doing his bid.

Old 08-09-2012, 01:18 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I agree, but do we know that Zimmerman did not identify himself? We will also never know who started the physical altercation, and that is what the jury in this case will ultimately have to decide.
I have never heard it mentioned that GZ identified himself. That would be a MAJOR point in the story, so for now, I will assume that it did not happen.

Old 08-09-2012, 01:18 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
If he had stayed in his car, the initial confrontation would not have happened.
irrelevant

Old 08-09-2012, 01:21 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
I'm not a lawyer, but I play one on the internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies