U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 11:55 AM

20,056 posts, read 17,439,133 times

Advertisements

Nuke up some popcorn, have a seat, and watch the hilarity in this thread begin.

George Zimmerman, Trayvon Martin case: Stand Your Ground hearing could clear Zimmerman of charges

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/24694823.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-09-2012 at 03:19 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 11:57 AM

19,782 posts, read 14,308,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post

George Zimmerman, Trayvon Martin case: Stand Your Ground hearing could clear Zimmerman of charges

I wouldn't hold my breath about this one. I think the defense counsel is a bit premature. Zimmerman told Hannity that "I got out of the car."

Old 08-09-2012, 12:00 PM

13,180 posts, read 14,306,750 times
I'm sure the OP and those right wing base voters like her have already decided the case in their minds, and are eagerly awaiting his release.

The black kid deserved to die.

On another note,

Minorities.....Why don't more of you vote GOP? .....They love you. Why don't you give them a chance?

Old 08-09-2012, 12:00 PM

68,512 posts, read 51,638,572 times
Well, it's not "imminent" and in these hearings the burden of proof is on the defense. However, it was interesting to read that if he wins here, he's shielded from civil suit which would be huge.

Quote:
Preparing for the “Stand Your Ground” hearing will require the same time and resources that would be necessary to prepare for a trial. It will take time to collect and submit reciprocal discovery, depose witnesses and experts, and identify evidence to be submitted during the hearing. We anticipate this will still take several months.
Hard to say. The SYG laws are so wishy washy they seem to cause some wierd verdicts.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I'm sure the OP and those right wing base voters like her have already decided the case in their minds, and are eagerly awaiting his release.

On another note,

Minorities.....Why don't more of you vote GOP? .....They love you. Why don't you give them a chance?
Will Obama lose the hispanic vote if "one of his sons" is vindicated and Zimmerman is jailed?

Old 08-09-2012, 12:01 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,232,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post

Thats when Trayvons father has to decide what his son was worth to him Not something easy for him I know but that was his son and now the racist system is about to say zimmerman means more.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Thats when Trayvons father has to decide what his son was worth to him Not something easy for him I know but that was his son and now the racist system is about to say zimmerman means more.
I guess the system is either racist to blacks or hispanics in this case.

So, which one are you racist against? Can't be neither because one of these people have to win their case.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:02 PM

68,512 posts, read 51,638,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

On another note,

Both the shooter and the victim in this case are "minorities". Not really following your attempt to inject politics into this.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Both the shooter and the victim in this case are "minorities". Not really following your attempt to inject politics into this.
Black is more of a minority because the president is half-black and there is more social justice deserving to blacks than hispanics. Plus, hispanics look white. I'm sure you can understand this.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:05 PM

13,180 posts, read 14,306,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm well aware of that fact.

Public perception is another thing.

If you don' see the right lining up behind Zimmerman, making him one of their own, "white" ,then you are just naive or playing dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies