Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 02:41 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Wow, so not wanting to be felt up and molested is being "unpleasant, demanding, and obnoxious"? What planet do you live on?
I received the patdown two years ago. It was not even close to an assault of any sort. You are a drama queen who cannot produce any evidence that assaults are commonplace when going through security. It's just the typical hyperbole and, frankly, fabrications.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 02:42 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
It sounds like she didn't have a choice. She had a death in the family and had to get to the funeral in time. Maybe driving or taking the train would have taken too long so she had to fly on a plane. If driving/taking the train would have taken too long, then her only other option would be to skip the funeral.
By the time there is a funeral, it is already too late. The choice should have been made in the best interest of the living, herself. The dead will still be there. Regardless, she didn't make the funeral on time so that arguement of "choice" is moot.

You would think the TSA would have a protocol and that nuking people with naked x-ray scanner would be more than enough in her case and others suffering PTSD from sexual assault. But then, we are talking about the TSA, the same one that hires sex offenders.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Now I'm confused. Most people in this thread have expressed the fact that they don't fly anymore because of TSA groping, so I am pretty sure that translates to them knowing that going through security might entail the searches of which we are all aware. Why would you ask that?
Because if I had been a rape victim, I would avoid any number of situations I knew might trigger such memories. This would be one of them. I would certainly talk to the TSA if it appeared a frisking might occur. That does not mean that an assault or anything improper necessarily occurred. Any number of appropriate touching might result in triggering bad memories. A frisking can occur in other circumstances, as well. I would not hold it against authorities in those situations if it triggered such a response.

Again, the anger here is misdirected at the TSA agents. Your issues are with the people who have put the system into place. Instead, you pick out these isolated incidents that are atypical and imagine that it is standard. Having gone through it myself and seen it before, it is not standard.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
By the time there is a funeral, it is already too late. The choice should have been made in the best interest of the living, herself. The dead will still be there. Regardless, she didn't make the funeral on time so that arguement of "choice" is moot.

You would think the TSA would have a protocol and that nuking people with naked x-ray scanner would be more than enough in her case and others suffering PTSD from sexual assault. But then, we are talking about the TSA, the same one that hires sex offenders.
Really? THe TSA knew that the person referenced in this thread was a sex offender before they hired him? How often has that happened with the TSA?

Old 08-09-2012, 02:51 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
The last time I had no choice but to get on a plane I was running away from a severely abusive situation. I couldn't drive cause I'm blind and taking the train would have taken too long--my abuser might have found me. Maybe this woman didn't have a choice but to take a plane. I doubt she would opt for it if she had any idea that she would be so severely triggered by the process, or if she knew she would and had some other option. In any case, there are a lot of people who have been raped or abused in some way, and they all have to endure being groped by TSA if they travel. Why are we putting it on these people? Even people without that kind of history don't like to be touched in that way by a complete stranger. It's TSA that shouldn't be groping us. There are other more effective ways to keep national security in place that don't involve violating people's sense of personal space. Honestly the only reaction people should be having here is empathy and compassion. Every human reserves the right to their own body and personal space. Traveling should not ever pose a threat to that, for anyone.
You have a special difficulty to bear and will have to submit to TSA crap and bull I guess..... or better yet find a friend who can take you in a car..

I can walk so I figure I can always travel... Always for me is a back up from one level to another always starting at the top and working backwards. The last step is walking...

So I have lost flying.... if TSA does what I think TSA will do in some future, boats, buses and trains could be out. When it gets to my truck, car, motorcycle TSA will need body armor.

I will avoid them until I can't, and when i can't it won't be me the one to worry about it...

2 years agon on a MC ride in my NH home state i was accosted by Border patroll some 300 miles from the CDN border. The cop asked me if i was a citizen I replied In am local he repeated and i told him that if he wasn't local he had no bee's wax being in my state asking too many questions.

This is all Govt BS...... I non longer go to Cdn because I don't need any stinkin pass ports... another Govt scam to get 80 bucks every few years....

TSA isn't about terror, TSA is about every ones business.... let them pound salt.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:53 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
A woman who was the victim of a brutal rape underwent a “horrific” experience at the hands of TSA agents this past weekend at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport which ended up with her checking into a psychiatric ward.

Prison Planet.com » Rape Victim Traumatized By “Horrific” TSA Experience
So does the TSA need to screen people for emotional problems before frisking them now?

Old 08-09-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Really? THe TSA knew that the person referenced in this thread was a sex offender before they hired him? How often has that happened with the TSA?
The same way Willie Horton was released in Mass on furlow for gun controll by Gov Dukakis. search it on google.

Willie used a knife but never the less the Govenor wrote new gun law.

(You! The best i can figure is YOU are very young and have never once had your toes stepped on) (You are not tried and tested and have never yet been abused by the Govt offenders.) (Nor have they failed you)

Old 08-09-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
So does the TSA need to screen people for emotional problems before frisking them now?
HUH??????? TSA agents are barely educated, so how in jumpin blue blazes could they do a psyc test worthy of any merit while you hope to board a plane?
Most of them don't speak a word of English!

Old 08-09-2012, 02:57 PM

I have officially had it with obnoxious malcontents who believe it to be their right to abuse service employees in any context - TSA workers, McDonald's employees or whoever it is because these obnoxious customers don't like something about the system. They treat these employees like "the help" and feel entitled to be belligerent and nasty. Let me tell you something: As a fellow customer, beware. Beware because when I encounter people like you treating employees like crap, I make you feel really, really stupid.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:58 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I received the patdown two years ago. It was not even close to an assault of any sort. You are a drama queen who cannot produce any evidence that assaults are commonplace when going through security. It's just the typical hyperbole and, frankly, fabrications.
I never said assaults were common. My whole point is that it doesn’t take being assaulted to have a bad experience like this woman had. When you’ve been assaulted, sometimes even being touched within the normal range of acceptable touch triggers a flashback back to a time when you were actually assaulted. Please go back and reread my posts, and in the meantime, do some research on PTSD. Flashbacks are not a conscious choice—they happen involuntarily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies