Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2012, 03:14 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,088,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Everyone arguing that it's a salvation issue better hope to heck it's not because I ASSURE YOU there are issues in each and every persons life that would put their salvation at risk on a daily basis. Fortunately most religions don't buy into that partiular brand of faith but for those who do...woah. Constant fear and worry.
Your point is rendered moot when those of us who are true Christians repent on a daily basis (or more often). Do you honestly believe gay people, don't even believe being gay is a sin, are repenting of that? No. The argument is not that we are not all sinners, b/c we are.

It's great for you to perpetuate that myth, though, keep it up. Your side is the one using scare tactics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 03:26 PM

667 posts, read 514,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Your opinion is that God exists.

(Argumentum ad populum in 5, 4, 3...)
And yours that He does not. What is your point?

Whether you believe it or not does not change the truth.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:35 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,819,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Obviously, gay marriage is a big issue in our country, so it's going to attract a lot of controversy, but as I look at the threads I see that time after time they're the longest ones. Not only that, but they go in circles. No one is convinced either way (unlike some other topics) and it's clear that Christians don't like gays and that gays don't like Christians (You can try to sugarcoat that part, but it's obvious that that's the case).

I have my own views on homosexuality and gay rights, but I don't discuss it for the reasons listed above. But I have perused some of the gay threads and I'm often left scratching my head. Why do you bother? Do you realize that it's completely pointless, and that you will never ever convince the other side of your point of view?
It's because of accusations like whats in bold, it's not true and we want the truth out there instead of accusations. We actually love the gays and pray for them but we cannot condone their choices or justification of sin any more than any sexual sin or any sin for that matter.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:39 PM

8,996 posts, read 10,433,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNEC_Dad View Post
And yours that He does not. What is your point?

Whether you believe it or not does not change the truth.
And which truth would that be? The one that happens to coincide with your opinion about whether god exists?

Old 08-10-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
And which truth would that be? The one that happens to coincide with your opinion about whether god exists?
That is for each person to determine.

Again, you do not have to believe in God. It is your choice. That is one of the great things about God.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Bigot is the proper term to use for anybody that promotes denying others equal rights based on color, race, religion, gender or sexuality....
You might want to look up the definition.

I don't think it mentions rights.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:01 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,426,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Obviously, gay marriage is a big issue in our country, so it's going to attract a lot of controversy, but as I look at the threads I see that time after time they're the longest ones. Not only that, but they go in circles. No one is convinced either way (unlike some other topics) and it's clear that Christians don't like gays and that gays don't like Christians (You can try to sugarcoat that part, but it's obvious that that's the case).

I have my own views on homosexuality and gay rights, but I don't discuss it for the reasons listed above. But I have perused some of the gay threads and I'm often left scratching my head. Why do you bother? Do you realize that it's completely pointless, and that you will never ever convince the other side of your point of view?
Because the longer the thread, the better the tread.

[or so I overheard]

Old 08-10-2012, 04:03 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,192,597 times
Quote:
In my experience, and I've been online since before the World Wide Web even existed (anyone else remember Usenet?), threads on gay topics usually go like this:

Someone posts something anti-gay.

Eight or ten people post in agreement.

One pro-gay person posts a mild rebuttal.

Twenty people almost immediately pile on and shriek that the pro-gay poster hates Christianity, is going to hell, is destroying American families, is trying to stifle all debate, etc.

Later that evening, when they get home from work, a few more pro-gay posters respond by saying that the anti-gay posters are wrong, and explain why.

Fifty more people pile on and shriek that the pro-gay posters hate Christianity, etc.

I realize there are reasonable and unreasonable people on both sides, and the C-D forum is not nearly as bad as some I've seen, but IMHO those on the anti-gay side who complain that their voices are never heard are... how shall I put this? Rather misguided.
With all the posts you have on C-D I wonder just how many of these threads you have read here. I think you may be close to right but think that you need to twist the positions of posters at least a bit. You are very wrong as you stated that crap.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Everyone arguing that it's a salvation issue better hope to heck it's not because I ASSURE YOU there are issues in each and every persons life that would put their salvation at risk on a daily basis. Fortunately most religions don't buy into that partiular brand of faith but for those who do...woah. Constant fear and worry.
I do not believe salvation is based on behavior. No fear and worry are needed for those that are saved.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:06 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,192,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
The board whereby the overwhelming of gay threads are started by Conservatives, and they are the one's causing all the fighting is what's changing you? Most of the people on this board aren't gay. So i'm not quite sure how it is they are never shutting up, seeing as they don't talk that much anyway. Most of those supporting gays on this board are straight.
You of the gay bent need to find a way of telling anti-gays that they are not wanted in your threads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies