Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2012, 01:38 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,478,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
Both sides do it, and neither should. I don't engage in it, and never have. I think it shows a general lack of maturity and cheapens the discussion.

Lefties had plenty of ugliness for GW Bush, and the name calling goes back much farther than that. Each side seems to think their insults are justified.

It's disappointing, but that's the state of things.

I am, however, EXTREMELY offended by people who use degrading names for the First Lady. (Moooo-shell, Sasquatch, etc). Absolutely despicable.
Why would YOU be offended? Ive lived on this earth for 32 years, and NOT ONCE have I ever been OFFENDED by anything or anyone. Libs like to be offended all the time.

The first lady is a real piece of work. Screw her. She has no business butting in my life, kids life, trying to spread her gospel about whats good for me and whats not.

For all those that think not liking another race is raciest, think again. Look up the word. Its a word that is so overused it doesn't even have merit anymore.

Obama is just a fool who's in the spot of a president. He is not a leader, remember, Valerie Jarrett said so. He's a ruler. And that, makes him not a president. Mitt may be no picnic either, but i assure you all that think obama is doing good will surely regret it down the road. I promise that.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:51 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,169,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
The county i work in is full of Racists. These rednecks around here openly say the don't want any latelling me what to do. I would say that doesn't cover any of his policy work at all,.
I'm a redneck and I don't consider myself a racist. It's very intolerant to generalize people that way just because they're different from you.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:56 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,104,013 times
Not only am I going to continue insulting Obama but I am going to BOOOOOO him at Mitt Romney's inauguration just as loudly as his supporters booed Dubya on 1/20/2009 - that was one of the most shameful acts in American history ... but hey, what goes around comes around.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:58 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I haven`t lost any of my freedoms and I don`t see any threats to democracy other than the voter ID laws. What exactly do you speak of?
Wow. You haven't?

Wow.

That's how it happens, folks. Slowly and insidiously. And the people stumble around in a daze not knowing it's happening.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:26 PM

1,652 posts, read 2,548,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
Why would YOU be offended? Ive lived on this earth for 32 years, and NOT ONCE have I ever been OFFENDED by anything or anyone. Libs like to be offended all the time.

The first lady is a real piece of work. Screw her. She has no business butting in my life, kids life, trying to spread her gospel about whats good for me and whats not.
It's called being a decent person. If you don't get why I find it offensive then there's really not much point in trying to convince you.

Enjoy the bile, don't let it eat you up too quick.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:29 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,947,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've been on these threads and I'm seeing the President referred to as "Obozo", or Obummer, or other unbecoming names. If you don't agree with the President's policies or if you didn't vote for him, you just don't. The least one can do is respect his title and realize that he is our President and should be respected as such. He is President Obama, not Obummer or Obozo.

Can you point me to the post you made that made such an objection when Bush was in office? If you had, then you are consistent and I can respect your comment. If you didn't do such when Bush was in office, well... I think it is quite obvious to the issue here.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I wasn't disrespecting his title. I didn't agree with his policies, but I didn't say stuff such what was said about the President today.
Yet many others did and I can't seem to find a post from you similar to this when they were calling Bush a murderer, Nazi, etc... and calling for him to be killed.

So... maybe you can understand why we see your sudden response as EXTREMELY biased? Maybe?

Old 08-10-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
It`s a harmless way for them to vent their hatred. They haven`t the guts to use the N word but we know what they`re thinking.
What a racist thing to say! We comment on his policies, his comments, and his directions and you bring up race? Do you have an issue with race? Why is color such an issue with you? Are you a racist? Why do you hate the color of someone so much? I mean, their color is irrelevant. Someone doesn't do something because of their color, it is simply a pigmentation of their skin, it means nothing, their actions and words are the means to which they are evaluated, but here you are bringing up the color of their skin. Shame on you for being such a hateful racist!

Old 08-10-2012, 02:38 PM

990 posts, read 938,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
That's what ALL first ladies do. This is where it's obviously racist when people complain about Michelle Obama talking about nutrition or literacy or something...I never heard Democrats saying that Laura Bush was evil for wanting to help education. The names that people call the First Lady are despicable and are OBVIOUSLY dripping with racism.

People didn't call Jackie-O (well, Jacqueline Kennedy back then) Hacky-Kennedy or something like that...so why are they saying stuff like that about Mrs. Obama?

Old 08-10-2012, 02:42 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,877,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Wow. You haven't?

Wow.

That's how it happens, folks. Slowly and insidiously. And the people stumble around in a daze not knowing it's happening.
Germany never saw Hitler coming, either.. Not a lot of difference, obama is evil and dangerous. He must be voted out if this nation is to survive...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies