Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2012, 10:36 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,160,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Wow..where were you when Bush was President ?
How does that invalidate the OP's claim??? I don't get it. Both Bush and Obama were disrespected.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:38 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,682,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
I'm willing to bet that Kerry, who served in Vietnam himself and actually knew a lot of soldiers (unlike a certain Fortunate Son in the Texas Air National Guard), criticized the civilian leaders of the U.S. government and the Pentagon in his testimony, moreso than anything.

Just a hunch.
No because he was testifing to the party in power that was the civilian leaderhip. If you search the testimony is still avilable on line.That is why he was aboandoned by vietnam vertrans in his presidential bid.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:49 PM

38,627 posts, read 26,311,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
And so the childish games begin. They did it, so I can too... and I am right they were wrong.

This guy works for me and I pay his extremely generous salary.

If he doesn't like it he can quit.

Odds are he'll be getting fired in November anyway.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:55 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,160,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
This guy works for me and I pay his extremely generous salary.

If he doesn't like it he can quit.

Odds are he'll be getting fired in November anyway.
He works for us, and we also pay his salary. A bit narcistic there don't you think??

Old 08-10-2012, 11:01 PM

192 posts, read 437,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've been on these threads and I'm seeing the President referred to as "Obozo", or Obummer, or other unbecoming names. If you don't agree with the President's policies or if you didn't vote for him, you just don't. The least one can do is respect his title and realize that he is our President and should be respected as such. He is President Obama, not Obummer or Obozo.

Really?? WHAT president?? Blo-bama is not only a crappy excuse for a wanna be pres, but he's NOT even a U.S. citizen so respect WHAT title??
...That's not happening here!

T.

Old 08-11-2012, 12:08 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,898,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
I agree, dissing your president is like dissing your mother, it looks bad on you.
But the Government isn't your Daddy .. or your Mommy.

Parents should always be held with a higher regard and form of respect than any politician.

To respect a politician on the same level, or higher, than that of your parents, is an insult to your parents, and it looks bad on you.
I would never insult my parents or anyone elses parents by elevating a politician to the level of respect that our parents deserve. Your parents gave you life .. the Government "did not" ...

Presidents come and go ... Parents are forever.
You can't fire your parents for doing a poor job, but you can always fire a politician .. Politicians are "employees" .. Parents are not.

Obama is a politician .. politicians usually garner about the same amount of respect that lawers and tax collectors do ..

I have a certain regard for the office of the Presidency .. and as soon as we get a President worthy to hold that office .. I'll give him or her that certain regard as well. The certain regard to the office of the Presidency I give, will never be higher, even if we have an honorable person in that office, than the regard I'll give to Mom and Dad .. or to anyone elses Mom and Dad.

Old 08-11-2012, 12:17 AM

22,629 posts, read 24,490,853 times
Not a problem with me, Barry S aint MY pres.

Old 08-11-2012, 12:23 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,898,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
How does that invalidate the OP's claim??? I don't get it. Both Bush and Obama were disrespected.
And most of the JDub and Bamm Bamm stuff is mild when you consider what they called LBJ, Nixon, Ford, Carter and Reagan ...

This whole name thing is a non-starter anyway because it's been going on for literal decades.

They are only politicians .. if these people were really all that important, they wouldn't have to lie in order to be elected .. If they told the truth, from the very beginning .. only then would they be worthy of the respect that some here think is due them ..

They only get the respect they deserve .. it's a two way street ladies and gentlemen .. they insult our intelligence and disrespect us by telling us all of these lies just so they can be elected, and here we are, going on and on about respecting a political entity that first disrespected us .. it simply boggles the mind ..

Old 08-11-2012, 12:52 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,925,503 times
What about the media? They always refer to him as "Mr. Obama", why not 'President Obama'? Even MSNBC, which is as pro-obama as you get.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:55 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,073,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Wow, really. You say she's a ho...based on nothing. Oh yeah, let's just throw that out there and look idiotic. And I'm sorry but you really do with a statement like this. Some of you on here are really scary. If this is the mentality that our public schools are producing....then yes, we need to change them.
First and foremost, why don't you try reading and maybe then you can comprehend what is being said, I agreed with the poster that it was wrong to call michelle obama a "ho" because there is no evidence of that. It is really scary that our public schools are teaching people like you to respond without actually reading or even pay the littlest attention to a conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.