Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2012, 08:11 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,251,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've been on these threads and I'm seeing the President referred to as "Obozo", or Obummer, or other unbecoming names. If you don't agree with the President's policies or if you didn't vote for him, you just don't. The least one can do is respect his title and realize that he is our President and should be respected as such. He is President Obama, not Obummer or Obozo.
It is very childish to do that, and a lot of Conservatives go directly to name-calling, but it's not like some posters who wish horrible things upon the president.

Dissent is American. Although in this case it is childish.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:21 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,214,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plates View Post
It is very childish to do that, and a lot of Conservatives go directly to name-calling, but it's not like some posters who wish horrible things upon the president.

Dissent is American. Although in this case it is childish.
I think you will notice that it is the hardliners from both sides doing it. What is amusing is if you delete the name you would never be able to tell if it's left or right doing it. Bush or Obama who is getting bashed.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:34 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,046,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Yes, Moochelle makes us all look stupid. She is a hideous disgrace.

Honey.................it doesn't matter if it was 1 or 30. A majority is just that. Sorry it's so difficult for you to comprehend.

YCFS

Nice try but it's not even her. So what's your point, if you even have one. How is she a disgrace. Calling her such a derogatory name like moochelle for no reason says so much about your character and how you were raised. My parents taught me to be respectful of everyone no matter what. They taught me to be a kind person and I thank them everyday for the values they instilled in me. But I tell you if I had called someone a derogatory name growing up, I would have been slapped across my face or whipped with a switch. And I can assure you I would have never done it again.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:35 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,933,716 times
Perhaps if Mr. Obama would follow the constitution and use it for something aside from a door mat, he would get the respect that a sitting president should deserve. I personally don't use disrespectful names to address Mr. Obama, but I am hard pressed to call any man president that circumvents the constitution. That applies to republican presidents as well as democrat presidents. There are many ways this man could get my respect, but to this point in my opinion, all he has accomplished is to divide the country.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:42 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Quote:
I've been on these threads and I'm seeing the President referred to as "Obozo", or Obummer, or other unbecoming names. If you don't agree with the President's policies or if you didn't vote for him, you just don't. The least one can do is respect his title and realize that he is our President and should be respected as such. He is President Obama, not Obummer or Obozo.

As a citizen of the US Constitution, I bow to no King, as I am my own King.

I hold as much power as any King of the world.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:47 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,251,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I think you will notice that it is the hardliners from both sides doing it. What is amusing is if you delete the name you would never be able to tell if it's left or right doing it. Bush or Obama who is getting bashed.
Sometimes that is true.

There are a lot of older posters in this forum. I wonder how many were not completely for Civil Rights in the 1960s but now think it was monumental in getting America where it is today. Then think about some current issue and how it will be in 45 years. I'm sure those that did this name calling because of whatever issue will feel stupid.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:50 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,940 times
When a President on national tv, blasts a police department as acting stupid, right after he says he doesnt know the facts, that alone takes away any respect he should receive. You want us to respect this man, yet he doesnt show respect for others.
He doesnt even show respect for his own supporters, by the garbage he fed them of Hope and Change in 2008 to what he has been in office. He didnt bring hope. And he certainly didnt bring change. In fact, he has made things in Washington even worse than they were before he got there. Congrats, Obummer, Obozo, dirtbag.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:01 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,506,800 times
Quote:
Freedom of Speech. If you dont like it, move on.
Also, he is the only one disrespecting the POTUS office. He and his wife were ill prepared to be the First Lady ( I use that lightly) and he definitely wasn't prepared to be a statesman. He can read good, and that is about it.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:11 PM

659 posts, read 1,014,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Nice try but it's not even her. So what's your point, if you even have one. How is she a disgrace. Calling her such a derogatory name like moochelle for no reason says so much about your character and how you were raised. My parents taught me to be respectful of everyone no matter what. They taught me to be a kind person and I thank them everyday for the values they instilled in me. But I tell you if I had called someone a derogatory name growing up, I would have been slapped across my face or whipped with a switch. And I can assure you I would have never done it again.

That is her in the pic. But yes Moochelle is kind of dated nobody calls her that anymore, They call her the Wookie.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:15 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,917,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Freedom of Speech. If you dont like it, move on.
"Freedom of speech" doesn't fully apply on a private forum - although this particular childish form of name-calling is allowed, unless Obama himself were being directly attacked as a poster on the board. The freedom of speech is also limited in real life, which some people still don't seem to understand. You can call him names, sure, but I imagine the secret service wouldn't take speech that threatens him very lightly.

Quote:
Also, he is the only one disrespecting the POTUS office. He and his wife were ill prepared to be the First Lady ( I use that lightly) and he definitely wasn't prepared to be a statesman. He can read good, and that is about it.
He can read good what??

Sorry, I couldn't resist...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies