Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 06:22 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,865,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The protest was about anger over the murder of two young men - the gang fear-mongering is just used so the city can justify their ham-handed tactics.

I can walk anywhere in the city of Anaheim without fear(except for the cops) - don't make characterizations about a city that you know only from news reports.
Ok..........

Why do I have the feeling there's more to this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 06:28 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,409,927 times
Quote:
The protest was about anger over the murder of two young men - the gang fear-mongering is just used so the city can justify their ham-handed tactics.

I can walk anywhere in the city of Anaheim without fear(except for the cops) - don't make characterizations about a city that you know only from news reports.
I would beg to highly differ with you, since a long long time ago, i lived in Anaheim. I lived in the good end Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda AREA.

There are many areas of Anaheim, that are not safe, to say all areas of Anaheim are safe, i will disagree with you, There are many gangs in that area, as there are in Garbage Grove also. And Santa Ana.

I highly disagree that at night you could walk without fear, in all areas of Anaheim, even the crime ridden gang areas. Then you and me disagree highly on this issue.

The gangs are in business for FYI all year round, not just because of the protest. I know some damn good Anaheim Police, who are putting their lifes on the line also, to protect and serve, in an area that is ridden with gang activity. I lived in Anaheim for 12 yrs, i think i know it pretty good.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:09 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,565,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
There has been new articles based on Mexicans who say the guns in the Fast and Furious were sold on purpose to empower one gang over all the others.
Gets too complicated IMO.

If we knew the truth, would be have to hang or shoot lots of politicians for treason? Your guess is as good as any.

The move in Anaheim was a GREAT one because this shows what the police are dealing with to the world. The parents of these gang clowns need to be shamed and quit trying to protest IMO. Think about themselves and their failure as parents, not about the police doing their job IMO.
I believe the mother of that first gang thug that was shot isn't protesting anymore, her tears quickly dried up and instead she's got $$ in her eyes, she's going for the big jackpot winning, she's hoping to win $50 million dollars -- all for raising a violent drug trafficking thug.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:10 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,452,185 times
Good job. Get that trash put in jail, and probably with most of them deported.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:16 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,565,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Go back and read the early stories. They claim it was because they are Latino and are being singled out by the police because of their race.

Diaz mother publicly denied he was in a gang.
And that is pretty much the norm with the mothers of kids in gangs. "Pobre mi hijito!, he was always such a good boy, he wanted to be a priest". Of course we never hear much from the dads of these thugs, because it usually turns out dear old dad is in prison for some horrendous crime himself.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:17 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,452,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And that is pretty much the norm with the mothers of kids in gangs. "Pobre mi hijito!, he was always such a good boy, he wanted to be a priest". Of course we never hear much from the dads of these thugs, because it usually turns out dear old dad is in prison for some horrendous crime himself.
Haha, that is so true.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:59 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,847,675 times
Quote:
Source?
I lived in Anaheim for 50 years, and worked for the City for over 20 years. What the man says is true. Drive through that area and you would swear you were driving through TJ.
That area of the city requires far more service than the rest of the city put together. That isn't only police calls, but maintenance calls. Streets get swept in most of the city one every week or two. In those area, it requires sweeping daily because they live in slum conditions of their own making. Graffiti, street lights shot out to hide the dealers doing business, anything and everything you can think of, including destruction of public parks, you name it. I could write a long book. The taxes wasted is crazy fixing their destruction.
The bangers learn the trade from their parents. It goes way back... There are more illegals than legals in that area...

Old 08-10-2012, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Deportations have reached record levels under Obama, with a focus on deporting criminals, but you knew that already knew that
Another obama lie, it simply isn't true....

Old 08-10-2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Something is wrong with that photo, those are all "sporting" and hunting guns.
I didn't know there were special gang guns. If they make gang guns, then they shouldn't be using hunting guns....
What a dumb thing to say....

Old 08-10-2012, 10:58 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,409,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I lived in Anaheim for 50 years, and worked for the City for over 20 years. What the man says is true. Drive through that area and you would swear you were driving through TJ.
That area of the city requires far more service than the rest of the city put together. That isn't only police calls, but maintenance calls. Streets get swept in most of the city one every week or two. In those area, it requires sweeping daily because they live in slum conditions of their own making. Graffiti, street lights shot out to hide the dealers doing business, anything and everything you can think of, including destruction of public parks, you name it. I could write a long book. The taxes wasted is crazy fixing their destruction.
The bangers learn the trade from their parents. It goes way back... There are more illegals than legals in that area...
That is why when we lived there, we lived in Anaheim Hills, Yorba Linda, like living in another State all together, compared to the city of Anaheim.
Anaheim Hills, is very pretty, and Yorba Linda, is very nice with so many elite areas.

All of Anaheim is not a gang infested pit, but the areas that are, as you know also, are not safe at all. And your right, because the area, is definitely not taken care of, no pride their for their neighboorhood at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies