Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 04:59 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times

Advertisements

what the hell is this country becoming

Boy fined $170 during fundraiser for WWII vets
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 05:04 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Another whiny thread where the title is a lie.

I mean really... are there no serious governmental infringement of rights you can point to without digging up some article about little kids, kittens or ponies and then spinning it into bull****?

Old 08-10-2012, 05:07 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
What part is a lie?

Old 08-10-2012, 05:12 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:

I mean really... are there no serious governmental infringement of rights you can point to without digging up some article about little kids, kittens or ponies and then spinning it into bull****?

There's ponies? show me the ponies...and the kittens..................Yah I know what you mean...when they stick in the "children" factor you know they are using the old emotional heart string trick...Liberals love doing this...Just like one of those ads for starving Africans with the big brown eyed look and the tear with the fly drinking from it.. They also like to say "Help feed this child" They never say - Let's take care of this family ...lets help poor old dad and his wife...no- cos' they don't like family......so show my the puppies again and I will cut a check.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:14 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:

i did not dig it up it was in plain sight on the news.. and i did not make the title up, msn did sounds like you did not get today or you did not get any coffee, or your just an uptite-------------

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-11-2012 at 04:50 AM..

Old 08-10-2012, 05:15 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Pointless.

And it was a lie, whether YOU wrote it or MSN. He wasn't "fined for his efforts", he was fined for not getting the permit. The reason you do something doesn't exempt you from the fees required to do it. The city council paid the fee for him so all is well and nothing to see here.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-11-2012 at 04:49 AM..

Old 08-10-2012, 05:22 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:

There was no lie in the title - the boy tried to raise money for a good cause - and the city fined him $170.00.

Why can't a kid do some good without the government screaming that its not getting its take?

The city is no different then the gang members who charge a fee to allow prostitutes or drug dealers operate in their turf - they are mad because someone is selling something and they don't get their "share" of the proceeds - never mind that this was a not for profit fundraiser.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:23 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
There was no lie in the title - the boy tried to raise money for a good cause - and the city fined him $170.00. FOR NOT GETTING A PERMIT

Why can't a kid do some good without the government screaming that its not getting its take?
let's not forget the good part mmmk?

Old 08-10-2012, 05:24 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What part is a lie?
The part where he was fined for his efforts of raising money for vets. He was fined for breaking rules relating to food service, whether he was raising money, keeping the money, or doing it for free is inconsequential.

They really should consider adding forum guidelines about deliberately lying in thread titles, it has become quite pervasive around here.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:26 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
The part where he was fined for his efforts of raising money for vets. He was fined for breaking rules relating to food service, whether he was raising money, keeping the money, or doing it for free is inconsequential.

They really should consider adding forum guidelines about deliberately lying in thread titles, it has become quite pervasive around here.
It says he was fined for his efforts, which is true. The fact that he was fined for not having the proper permits doesnt mean that wasnt part of his efforts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies