Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 10:34 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

There is no free insurance. Those of us who are insured pay for the insured. I'm sick of paying for them, how about you.
Clearly you arent paying for them, this individual is claiming their daugher died because no one paid. Did you notify them that you were willing to pay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 10:34 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
A healthcare system predicated on having a third-party determining who receives care and who does not, with a direct financial incentive in not providing coverage to those who need it most, will simply never work.

Just like an insurance company the federal government is a third-party with a direct financial incentive to cut healthcare costs.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:39 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Clearly you arent paying for them, this individual is claiming their daugher died because no one paid. Did you notify them that you were willing to pay?
So I guess Obama's affordable health care would have helped them.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
So I guess Obama's affordable health care would have helped them.
I dont think so considering Obamacare isnt a health bill, nor is it designed to make anything affordable. Its just a tax.. The family can pay their tax next year and of course have no complaints.. I bet that just tickles them to death.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:46 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Wells Fargo fired an employee whose daughter needed an expensive surgery for cancer. Wells Fargo also "missed" the paper work for a COBRA option. The surgery was canceled due to lack of coverage and the man's daughter died!

Yovany Gonzalez Fired From Wells Fargo Resulting in Mackenzie Cancer Death

Dying Daughter's Health Insurance Cut By Wells Fargo? - YouTube

You or a loved one could be next!

ALL of my jobs have covered me to the last day of the month in which I was terminated. If his term date was aug 3, then he should have had coverage to 31 aug at the very least. The only thing that comes to mind is if WF is "self insured" with United Health acting as a TPA (third party admin) for claims, administrative costs, etc. Perhaps the rules might be different for those. In that situation, WF's rates would most likely have an experience ratio. Never worked under one. COBRA law does require that paperwork must be sent within 15 days of qualifying event, and check returned within 45 days of the receipt. How did this man go on so long with not DEMANDING his paperwork from the co? Did he send any correspondence to WF, Dept of Insurance? Atty General, etc.? Some of this story does not add up. His dtr did not die until March of the following year. He went all of that time without inquiring about the lapsed coverage? Also, didn't a social worker try to help them. Every major hospital that I've ever visited has social workers who know the ins and outs of this. They would have gotten him the proper help.
I wish that we could see how this judge rules, but it will most likely be settled with an out of court settlement.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:46 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Just like an insurance company the federal government is a third-party with a direct financial incentive to cut healthcare costs.
A government bureaucrat has little incentive to deny care to an individual American. In contrast, insurance employees have enormous pressures placed upon them to deny costly coverage that will detract from their employer's bottom line. It cannot work. It simply cannot work. Not for middle class and poor folks.

Now, for folks who can afford those types of bills, can afford to subsidize the costs of free riders and do not care about the lower classes, there is no reason to change the current system. You will never hear me deny that our health care system works fine for the wealthy. I'm not worried about how they fare under the current system. I do worry about everyone else.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:50 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I dont think so considering Obamacare isnt a health bill, nor is it designed to make anything affordable. Its just a tax.. The family can pay their tax next year and of course have no complaints.. I bet that just tickles them to death.
I find it strange that insurance would drop them like that. My husband lost his job but had insurance for 3 months after that. And every one needs health insurance and should be required to do so.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:53 PM
F40

826 posts, read 857,102 times
How sad for the girl and her family

But this brings us one step closer to Universal heath care.

Take the PROFIT out of health care

Old 08-10-2012, 10:53 PM

Quote:
I find it strange that insurance would drop them like that. My husband lost his job but had insurance for 3 months after that. And every one needs health insurance and should be required to do so.
An employee has 60 days under Federal law to apply for Cobra.. Somethings missing in the story because there isnt a chance in hell the employee wouldnt obtain the coverage.

Furthermore, since the employer pays a flat rate per employee, firing the employee wouldnt lower their insurance bill.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:58 PM
F40

826 posts, read 857,102 times
Yeah there is something amiss in the story because banks never screw up like botched up foreclosures in the name of more profit.

Enjoy this antiquated health insurance system. cause its gonna die like like so many uninsured people had to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies