Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 10:08 AM

390 posts, read 264,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Scientist can't make dirt...........hows that for a fairy tale.
Let me guess.....you think the invisible sky zombie made the dirt? lol

Old 08-11-2012, 10:12 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,671,762 times
Apparently, the god of the bible was into streaking as a form of protestingl

Isaiah chapter 20:

2 at that time the Lord spoke through Isaiah son of Amoz. He said to him, “Take off the sackcloth from your body and the sandals from your feet.” And he did so, going around stripped and barefoot.

3 Then the Lord said, “Just as my servant Isaiah has gone stripped and barefoot for three years, as a sign and portent against Egypt and Cush,

Old 08-11-2012, 01:00 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,452,213 times
Quote:
What version are you reading because the King James does not say this...........did you know people actually have sex with animals.........God actually had to tell us this is wrong. As far a kids I say the Bible should be read carefully and in full context and age considered. I read it to my kids and explained where needed. They don't find it at all offensive or sexual in a "dirty way".

If your using wikipedia or something to that please change your version.
I taught Sunday School for two years to 4th and 5th graders--the Old Testament, no less, and I had to phrase things differently while still getting the point across to the kids. It's tricky to do with kids, but I don't think it's deceitful. It's telling the story in a different way to a different audience. Many jews, I believe do the same thing with parts of the Bible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Apparently, the god of the bible was into streaking as a form of protestingl

Isaiah chapter 20:

2 at that time the Lord spoke through Isaiah son of Amoz. He said to him, “Take off the sackcloth from your body and the sandals from your feet.” And he did so, going around stripped and barefoot.

3 Then the Lord said, “Just as my servant Isaiah has gone stripped and barefoot for three years, as a sign and portent against Egypt and Cush,
All I can say is the Bible has some pretty trippy stuff.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:09 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,664,183 times
most adults don't even know the bad parts of the bible, since pastors/teachers skip over it. my mom at age 60 read about this gang rape ,murder,dismemberment of a prostitute in the bible and didn't speak for 2 days because she was mortified.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:19 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,145,237 times
Quote:
Scientist can't make dirt...........hows that for a fairy tale.
And you have proof that your god can? Oh, wait you don't.

It's always convenient to base your arguments around unseeable, unknowable beings and base your assertions on that which can not be proven.

Intellectual laziness at its finest.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:22 PM

4,797 posts, read 3,474,161 times
Yes, There is a Childrens Bible.
Why do you care? Or would you rather the Kuran, 50 shades of grey?
Regardless of whats taught to my kids, my wife and I are involved, and check their homework, volunteer for school events. Be a part of the education system, not a hater

Old 08-11-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Yes, There is a Childrens Bible.
Why do you care? Or would you rather the Kuran, 50 shades of grey?
Regardless of whats taught to my kids, my wife and I are involved, and check their homework, volunteer for school events. Be a part of the education system, not a hater
I don't know anything about 50 Shades of Gray. I've never read it.

However, I will say that children should not be exposed to the Bible or the Koran.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:28 PM

10,189 posts, read 7,909,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
It's ironic that the Bible said we were made from the dust of the earth 6 or 8 or 10 thousand years before science said we were made from the dust of the earth ..

We evolved only "after" we were made .. Science is even suggesting that we were made from "the right combination of chemicals" .. um .. all of which are found right here on earth ..

Before any of you knock science or the Bible ... take a good long look at both .. because if you try to discredit one over the other, you will always be wrong.

The Bible backs Science just like Science backs the Bible .. They are either both fairytales .. or not .. which is it? .. You can't have it one way or the other.

Creation and Evolution are both true ..

Now what's all this nonsense about being feeble? ..

Good post thanks. I guess we have to overlook the ignorance .

Old 08-11-2012, 01:33 PM

10,189 posts, read 7,909,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pancake View Post
You want me to prove a negative? Lol, I see you are one of those people

There is ZERO evidence humans are capable, or have ever been capable of living that long. None.

Morons will attempt to use the bible as some form of "evidence". The bible is best used as toilet paper, and it certainly carries no evidentiary credibility.

Everyone has an opinion and thats all you have. Prove that the world was not created if you can. I am sure you cannot. Maybe you have proof the the world started from nothing "big bang". Can you proove that?

Last edited by Scotty011; 08-11-2012 at 01:44 PM..

Old 08-11-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Everyone has an opinion and thats all you have. Prove that the world was not created if you can. I am sure you cannot. Maybe you have proof the the world started from nothing "big bang". Can you proove that?
Cite one scientist who claimed the Big Bang "started from nothing".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies