Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 06:18 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
What`s cheaper? The govt. paying for birth control or the govt. paying for decades of welfare benefits for the mother and who knows how many children? This is such an easy question that someone who voted for W or palin should be able to answer it correctly.
What's cheaper: euthanizing everyone who is over 65, has under an 80 IQ, weighs over 350 lbs., etc to save money and increase efficiency, or to keep them alive and burden the taxpayer with chronic health problems?

This is such an easy question that someone who voted for Obama should be able to answer it correctly. Unfortunately, it also presents a dilemma since most Obama voters fall dangerously close to that sub 80 IQ zone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 06:53 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,663,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Obama supporters are often SOOOOO stupid that they are banning interviews outside of the DNC convention this year.

Black people wanted Obama because he was black.
Some people went up to Obama supporters and said Obama was anti-abortion, pro-life, for lower taxes and such and asked Obama supporters if they were for that and they all were. LOL

You can find a few on the right like that, but you can find a massive amount of Democrats like that. It would be funny if it were not so sad. People like that actually vote.
True, and shameful.

ACORN rooted out tons of them, hustled them to the polls, and showed them how to vote.

Probably one of the best videos/audios is when Stern sent one of his guys to Harlem.

Howard Stern - 2008-10-01 - Sal Interviews "Obama Supporters" in Harlem - YouTube

Old 08-12-2012, 09:07 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,413,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Is your mortgage interest tax deductible ?
Are your property taxes tax deductible ?
Is your sales tax tax deductible ?

Nice try there to think government is subsidizing business only.
employer paid insurance premiums are expenses paid from gross profits.
One is allowed to deduct expenses and it includes more than just employee insurance premiums.
Yes.
Yes.
No.

I never stated business had a monopoly on deductions.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:12 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
I own a business and the government doesn't subsidize a single PENNY of the health insurance we provide our employees.
The federal government supports the provision of employee health benefits through preferential tax provisions in the Internal Revenue Code. The employer's health care contribution is a deductible business cost similar to wages and materials.

So... are you being deliberately disingenuous? Or are you going to just blame your accountant for keeping you in the dark?

Old 08-12-2012, 10:42 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,413,374 times
^^^^^ I think it was deliberate.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:40 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
What`s cheaper? The govt. paying for birth control or the govt. paying for decades of welfare benefits for the mother and who knows how many children? This is such an easy question that someone who voted for W or palin should be able to answer it correctly.
Strawman argument. The "what's cheaper?" logic is used by those who find personal irresponsibility a virtue. The real question should not be "what's cheaper?" but "When are people going to start acting responsibily without leaning on taxpayers??"

Why does this logic go right over your head?

Old 08-13-2012, 07:48 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,293 times
My personal belief is that only democrats should be allowed free birth control and they should also be allowed to have free abortions. Even post birth for the first 60 years of life.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:13 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
I'm not for Uncle Sugar provided birth control, but it seems that conservatives should be celebrating as there'll be fewer future Democrat voters.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:08 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Yes, it does.

This is sad and not isolated I'm sure.

Take responsibility for your own self people.
Contraceptives are cheaper than beer, snacks, sodas, and a lot of other things I'm sure these people do not go without but yet cry, "buy my contraceptive pills/devices".

Sick.
What are you kidding, the way Democrats like it, helpless no responsibility what so ever, and dependent . That should be the Democrat Motto.

Too many people today, don't believe in taking responsibility for their actions, why should i have to pay for their stupidity.

If you can afford your cell phone, you can afford contraceptives!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies