Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2012, 09:49 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,370,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Depends on their age, how they're supervised, whether they're homeschooled, etc. But again, it isn't your place to assume that every child out there has been exposed to it already. And even if they have, it doesn't make your reminder any less wreckless.

And when I said "little kids", I meant... well, little kids (Who'da thunk it?) Kids that are mostly still too young to learn about any of that, especially considering they're too young to even have those urges.
then they probably wouldnt be interested in the boxes as they do not have anything explicit on them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 09:57 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Think most of you have zoomed over the OP had nothing to do with if people agreed with women using them!!!
No, the OP didn't say that - but many of the responding posters did! So I didn't "zoom over" anything, I was just following how the conversation progressed.

Quote:
Would you stand in line to fulfill your sexual desires and let the evening news show you holding your free prize........a vibrator.......too funny!!!!
I probably would not, but I won't judge those who do... as a few other posters have pointed out, people stand in line for many things I find silly! Also, isn't it possible they didn't realize news cameras would be there (until after the fact)?

Old 08-11-2012, 10:01 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
then they probably wouldnt be interested in the boxes as they do not have anything explicit on them
Kids of any age who see tons of people lined up for pretty blue boxes are gonna want to know what's in those boxes, stop playin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
True, but how is a "personal massager" giveaway exposing children to explicit sexual information? Did you see the packaging?
Doesn't have to show anything on the box for them to be curious. And you can call it a personal massager when asked what's in the box, sure... and when they say they want one too...?

Quote:
They sell that EXACT product in most drugstores and supermarkets, so do you think it's inappropriate to take your child to the store?
The box being so vague about what's in it, coupled with the fact that attention isn't being drawn to that specific product among millions of others in the store, makes it a different story altogether. Not to mention the fact that you can keep your children from even seeing them a lot easier than keeping them from seeing a large line of people outside.

It's just too public. It's beyond necessary, and I think you'd have to be pretty disingenuous to deny the event's partly for controversy's sake.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:05 PM

dont take your kids to cvs, they sell condoms, vaginal lube etc and your kids might be interested on that too.
and they are right there, where the kids can see them
If I were a parent of a child who wants to know what is in the box I would just say, that is a product for mommies and daddies, lets go and check some products for kids.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:06 PM

but you are the parent. You decide what your kids see, touch and consume. If a store is giving away vibrators, go to another store. Big deal... so much drama over a vibrator lol

Old 08-11-2012, 10:18 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
but you are the parent. You decide what your kids see, touch and consume. If a store is giving away vibrators, go to another store. Big deal... so much drama over a vibrator lol
That's exactly the point:
You don't decide what they see when there's a long line of people waiting to get these free mystery boxes in plain view

And Idk who's starting drama over the vibrators in and of themselves, but it ain't me.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:22 PM

Quote:
You don't decide what they see when there's a long line of people waiting to get these free mystery boxes in plain view

And Idk who's starting drama over the vibrators in and of themselves, but it ain't me.
listen, at the end of the day the kids do not need to know what is in the box.

Just distract them with another product and leave the store. It is not a matter or life and dead. There are million of things worst that they see in a mall for example (such as Victoria Secrets for example, that is more explicit) and some how the children of the world survive.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:32 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:

Please, in NYC your kids are going to see a lot more than people waiting in line for a vibrator.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:36 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
I probably would not, but I won't judge those who do... as a few other posters have pointed out, people stand in line for many things I find silly! Also, isn't it possible they didn't realize news cameras would be there (until after the fact)?
Maybe so..............

Old 08-11-2012, 10:39 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Maybe so..............
They look very happy with their product - good for them!

Again, this might not be something I would personally do, but I try not to judge other people like that. To each his/her own, ya know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies