Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 11:00 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
One would think that the answer would be fairly obvious, taxes.
Don't you see that the necessary $4 trillion of added taxes would destroy our economy? The answer you give is politician talk, pure and simple. When do you think they will use that method of paying us back?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 08:37 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plates View Post
So then a corporation (probably multiple) could make more billions off of our livelihoods another way? And because they care so much about people.
WTF do paycheck paying corporations have to do with our tax sucking government stealing our SS funds again?

Also, why be mad at corporations? They pay wages and taxes. The officers get paid wages and there goes the taxes you want paid.
Corps can write off legitimate losses, for equipment in business and the cost of doing business. They are mostly devices created to protect people from the liability of lawsuits and lawyers who run around our country trying to take the hard earned assets from people who earned it.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:49 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,251,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
WTF do paycheck paying corporations have to do with our tax sucking government stealing our SS funds again?

Also, why be mad at corporations? They pay wages and taxes. The officers get paid wages and there goes the taxes you want paid.
Corps can write off legitimate losses, for equipment in business and the cost of doing business. They are mostly devices created to protect people from the liability of lawsuits and lawyers who run around our country trying to take the hard earned assets from people who earned it.
You are not able to comprehend this so I wont waste my time, kid.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:55 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plates View Post
You are not able to comprehend this so I wont waste my time, kid.
True, I can not comprehend what it could be like to be you.

I am talking about the SS issue, about government stealing the money and you in your glory tell me about corporations who have not a single thing to do with the government stealing our money.
Had the government not stolen our money for SS there would be far less of a problem, so that is problem #1.

Being our government is basically thieves regarding SS, what makes you think the private sector could be worse? What is worse that government stealing everything from the people and them answering their theft with wanting more new taxes? To me that is retarded.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:55 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
The government the last few decades has been stealing all the contributions from SS into the general fund.
MAYBE if SS is privatized we can stop the theft of SS contributions by our government.
What do you folks think of that?

I wouldn't mind if SS was where it is now IF THE GOVERNMENT DIDN'T MAKE A THEFT OF IT.

it will never happen. it takes too much money out of the hands of goverment and that is something congress just could not stand at all.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:59 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
And I can't think of one good reason to privatize social security.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:05 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And I can't think of one good reason to privatize social security.

I can.
1st, it would take money out of the hands of congress and keep it in the peoples hands that put it there in the 1st place.
2nd, we would have actual money and not IOU's.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:28 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
The government the last few decades has been stealing all the contributions from SS into the general fund.
MAYBE if SS is privatized we can stop the theft of SS contributions by our government.
What do you folks think of that?

I wouldn't mind if SS was where it is now IF THE GOVERNMENT DIDN'T MAKE A THEFT OF IT.
I also think the social security funds should be separated from the general funds. But that isn't the only reason to back social security. If you lived so long your better rates on return investments run out. Or if you are forced to early retirement by a disability. Lots of reasons social security is a good idea.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:36 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Wall Street was/is salivating over the prospect of “privatizing” Social Security.

...and just so everyone knows...

Quote:
The Social Security Trust Fund currently holds approximately $2.6 trillion and can pay full benefits through 2037 and close to full benefits for decades after. Very minor tweaks to the system would strengthen Social Security for future generations and bolster the program in important ways.

CBO released numbers affirming the Social Security trust fund’s solvency through 2038. Once more, why is a solvent program on the chopping block and tax cuts for the wealthiest which has been proven to be a miserable failure, protected? It’s a power grab in its cruelest form.
http://freakoutnation.com/2011/08/07...nt-until-2038/

Sanders: A way to make Social Security solvent for the next 75 years
http://vtdigger.org/2010/08/16/sande...next-75-years/

Old 08-14-2012, 03:44 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Wall Street was/is salivating over the prospect of “privatizing” Social Security.

...and just so everyone know...

CBO States Social Security is Solvent Until 2038 | FreakOutNation
Tossing retirement rates gradually to 70 on kids not born yet would balance social security.

It's the Medicare thing, you bring up one, the other major entitlement comes up.for debate.

People like social security. People like Medicare. Fix them, don't end them or turn them into voucher systems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies