Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has Obama been a success or failure as President?
Success 73 32.02%
Failure 155 67.98%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 09:17 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Absolutely. I voted for W twice and would do so again in a heartbeat.

I adore and miss him.
What was his economic policies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 09:17 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
The only question I have is.........If Obama is so terrible, why cant the republicans come up with a quality candidate that can win this election in Usain Bolt fashion? Surely a president as bad as Obama should have no chance of being re elected. From the looks of it, he's heading towards his 2nd term! So I ask again. Where are all the highly qualified Republic candidates that should have no problem dethroning this terrible terrible President because its clear that Romney isnt it.
As much as I hate to, I agree with you. Romney is about as bad as it gets.

Unfortunately, I have no choice but to vote for him.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:19 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,578,205 times
Quote:

Takes a man who can say what you just did.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:19 AM

27,143 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Question regarding Obama as far as his "success". Would he personally feel successful if he brought about the failure of America as a nation? It sort of smells that way. Maybe he does not care if he is seen as a successful President? Maybe his personal idea of success is failure?

This may be the case.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:23 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:

I tend to disagree. I've not yet seen any evidence that Mitt Romney would make a bad President. He was a conservative governor in the most liberal state in the nation and yet he still accomplished things. Fortunately, what was good for Massachusetts is not necessarily good for America, but in the spirit of compromise, he got things done. In this political climate, i'm inclined to believe that we need someone in the Oval Office who is well-versed in the art of compromise, especially if the Senate continues to be held by Democrats after November.

Could he be more conservative? Absolutely. But what would that achieve really if there's a log jam in the Senate? He'd get the very same results as Barack Obama.......a big fat ZERO.

I myself prefer a hard right correction in this country. We sorely need it. But at this juncture in our history, we need a moderate, not a rigid ideologue like Barack Obama if we expect to move this country forward.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:30 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,762,566 times
Quote:
hahaha, you're showing your age!!!

My laugh for the day. Thanks.

Honey....................the world is not equal.

Deal with it.
Look it up.

I'd like to buy the world a coke was what BO said he'd rather see being sung than the national anthem.

Joke is on you.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:12 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,985,244 times
Quote:
Yes. The democrat house and senate.

Rocket science.
Those bad subprime ARM mortgage loans given out to unqualified home owners which caused the 2008 crash were issued long before Democrats took control in Jan 2007.

They were issued back when Republicans controlled ALL branches of government.

Democrats were handed a huge housing bubble which was on the verge of bursting, and an economy on the verge of collapsing, all thanks to Republican economic mismanagement during 2003 - 2006.

Republicans lowered interest rates to near zero, and caused mortgage rates to be extremely low, so housing became a buyers frenzy, and housing prices skyrocketed.

Add to this, Republicans cutting taxes and then starting TWO major wars, and provided no money to pay for them, which is why our National Debt is so high.

Obama was handed a ONE TRILLION DOLLAR annual deficit when he took office.

That is why our National Debt keeps growing by a trillion dollars each year.

Last edited by RD5050; 08-13-2012 at 10:22 AM..

Old 08-13-2012, 10:23 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Those bad subprime ARM mortgage loans given out to unqualified home owners which caused the 2008 crash were issued long before Democrats took control in Jan 2007.

Democrats were handed a huge housing bubble which was on the verge of bursting, all thanks to Republican economic mismanagement during 2003 - 2006.

Republicans lowered interest rates to near zero, and caused mortgage rates to be extremely low, so housing became a buyers frenzy.

Add to this, Republicans cutting taxes and then starting TWO major wars, and provided no money to pay for them, which is why our National Debt is so high.

Look out.... the 'trons are back......

You know that the Dems are equally culpable for the meltdown (check out your homie Barney Frank)..... not to mention, all those Wall St crooks the lefties SAID they were going to take down

Even Bush prosecuted more than the crooks in power now

Try joining the rest of us in reality

Old 08-13-2012, 10:28 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Those bad subprime ARM mortgage loans given out to unqualified home owners which caused the crash were issued long before Democrats took control in Jan 2007.

They were issued when Republicans controlled ALL branches of government.

Democrats were handed a huge housing bubble which was on the verge of bursting, all thanks to Republican economic mismanagement during 2003 - 2006.

Add to this, Republicans cutting taxes and then starting TWO major wars, with no money to pay for them, is why our National Debt is so high.

That is why our National Debt keeps growing in the trillions.
Yep the dems were quite clear
Barney Frank in 2005: What Housing Bubble? - YouTube

Barney changing history

Barney Frank: I Didn't Push Home Ownership - YouTube
Cause of 2008 financial crisis - Democrats block regulation - YouTube

Old 08-13-2012, 10:58 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:

Democrats were handed a huge housing bubble which was on the verge of bursting, and an economy on the verge of collapsing, all thanks to Republican economic mismanagement during 2003 - 2006.

Republicans lowered interest rates to near zero, and caused mortgage rates to be extremely low, so housing became a buyers frenzy, and housing prices skyrocketed.

And once again we have someone enforcing the idea that Obama didn't volunteer for this job. Obama wanted this job, he campaigned for this job, and he said he could do this job. He wasn't handed anything, he took these issues on willingly. And an unfortunate majority of people refused to look at his (lack of a) track record and merrily followed along. Now that it is being pointed out that Obama didn't do what he said he would do, Obama backers have to fall back on blaming the previous administration for his failures.

Sorry for the rant, but the whole "presidential inheritance" argument is a bunch of bs. Nobody is passing on the presidency to their heir apparent here; these people are fighting to get this job, for some unexplainable reason. My theory on reelections is fairly simple: Did the incumbent do what he said he was going to do? If the answer is no, then it's time to vote the incumbent out. I really don't care about the arguments as to why the job didn't get done, no more than I would accept arguments from my children as to why their chores aren't done. We hired this man as the President, we have the right to fire him and replace him when he has proven himself to be incompetent.

I also don't care about what label either candidate has. The letters next to their names are exactly that, letters. I've never personally met either of them, nor do I wish to. The only personal stake I have in the entire thing is my belief as to what they would do to improve the situation of the country, and whether I think they can do what they say they will. Over the next couple of months, I'll be watching the candidates to see what kind of promises they make, and attempting to weed out what seems to be realistic from what is total pipe dreams. When the smoke clears, I'll make a choice as to which candidate will get my vote. It may be Obama (admittedly this is unlikely, as he has failed to impress me over the last 4 years), it may be Romney, or it may be a third party candidate. The point is, I'm not going to happily follow along with any sort of party affiliation. I'm going to research, I'm going to question, and I'm going to put some semblance of thought into my vote. Which is exactly what I wish everyone in the U.S. would do. Not to sound like some sort of greeting card here, but who we choose today will have a vast impact on the world we leave our children tomorrow. And I'd prefer my children to know that right, wrong, or otherwise, I at least attempted to make their world better than what it is today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies