Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 12:37 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,070,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
We are a major military power who is expected to step in to address global issues. China or Russia will not oblige global community issues unless they dominate the country in a way sooo different than the US. their ideologies are supressive and despotic.

Europe intentionally remains a collective of provincial countries who will never band together to effective address issues in their backyard. they prodly proclaim an aire of diplomacy which consists of ineffective rhetoric. By merit of this strategy they allow situations to fester until it becomes lethal and guess who is invited in to save the world?

Without a community of like minded military powers the US is the only hope. the pitiful token asistance received from Europe in times of need would have the world dominated by despotic ideologies.

Legal constraint and global voices coming from the UN do more harm then good and cost the lives of US service men and women as they fumble miserably pretending to negotate with stone age neandrethals who eat their lunch at negotiations.

It would be preferable to allow local issues to be resolved locally but that is not reality. Presidents are not warlike and no one seeks to engage in military action. however military action is the result of ineffectual global, erridite pretentious wind bags pretending to be sophidticated and skillful diplomats....who then have the gall to suggest the US is warlike.
"Without a community of like minded military powers the US is the only hope. the pitiful token asistance received from Europe in times of need would have the world dominated by despotic ideologies."
So true. We are the unpaid military arm of NATO. Typically these countries, mostly Germany and Japan are concerned about spending as little of their resources as possible even though thay are two of the largest and richest Net export countries in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 01:07 PM

1,725 posts, read 2,067,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Look at the old photo of Churchill and Stalin and Rosevelt..(hope I got that right) - sitting together on some grandstand...They are all smiling and all full of mischievous glee...They are loving every minute of the war...
Stalin did all he could to avoid war, and then to end it fast. But you are definitely correct about the other two... plus Hitler.

Old 08-13-2012, 01:13 PM

1,725 posts, read 2,067,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"Without a community of like minded military powers the US is the only hope. the pitiful token asistance received from Europe in times of need would have the world dominated by despotic ideologies."
NATO doesn't need so much power to contain a bunch of barbarians. Especially since non-NATO countries are not thrilled either about barbarians doing nasty things.

And all those military can't help against Russia (NATO was created to destroy it) - which can overrun Europe in a few weeks, no matter what. Nukes will help...

The only reason for so much military spending in the US is that oligarchs feed on it. There is absolutely nothing more to it.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:51 AM

632 posts, read 1,180,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The problem is "yes but". Politicians know that they can do the things they rail about when the other party is in charge because there are so many that will still vote for them using the "yes but" reasoning.

We have had candidates in this election that would not get us into wars that we are the aggressor.
I would love to see who these candidates are because, besides Dr. Paul and maybe Gary Johnson, every conservative out their is itching to lay the smack down on Iran without giving a rat's azz about the intel out there and whether or not it even makes any sense.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:47 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
I know its a tragedy, and I am with you. But, many politicians have been to war, and many have their family there too. Mccains son, Bidens son, for example.
I would be secure in the thought that both of these sons will return in one piece...as for McCain...was it not he who traded a few secrets in exchange for some cookies and tea- while in captivity?

Old 08-22-2012, 04:15 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
I would be secure in the thought that both of these sons will return in one piece...as for McCain...was it not he who traded a few secrets in exchange for some cookies and tea- while in captivity?
I have no love for McCain, but I have never heard of that story before. Can you provide any more info. I do consider McCain a gun grabber. But I don't have any wish to condemn him for something that isn't true. I also consider you to be a gun grabber if you don't already know. And Romney for that matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies