Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the South secede? Where are you from?
Yes - I'm a Northerner 29 20.00%
No opinion - I'm a Northerner 4 2.76%
No - I'm a Northerner 24 16.55%
Yes - I'm a Southerner 16 11.03%
No opinion - I'm a Southerner 3 2.07%
No - I'm a Southerner 31 21.38%
Yes - I'm neither 16 11.03%
No opinion - I'm neither 5 3.45%
No - I'm neither 17 11.72%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 01:28 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You could over lay that map with impoverishment in the USA and it would look eerily similar
No. You couldn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 01:29 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
If the south did, I would move right back down to TX because if that happened, that is where I would feel the safest.

It's too bad, the blue states have some really nice areas...but then again, many of them have the highest taxes.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Now overlay a population density map, so people don't think Democrats stole the election.
Okay.

That map looks like this:

Old 08-12-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
True enough but there are areas that are predominately blue or red.
Not really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01
There are a lot of differences between our respective peoples.
There are a lot differences within individual families.

Your point?

Old 08-12-2012, 01:33 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
The whole blue state red state argument is ridiculous. Only stupid people bring this BS up.
Hardly. As you can see the animosity is palpable. Think about it. Most of us are white folk on this forum. What about the majority of blacks, mexicans, central americans, various and sundry asians, islamics, feminists, athiests, native americans, not to mention all those others I've left out.

The only thing holding this "nation" together is money....and a political class that has always managed to give us the right man at the right time. Right now I'd not give you a plug nickle for our political class. These people are failing us all, big time. If the dollar ever tanks this mess ain't gonna hold together. The only question is when it will happen and where to make the borders.

Last edited by Dutchman01; 08-12-2012 at 01:51 PM..

Old 08-12-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Hardly. As you can see the animosity is palpable.
That has nothing to do with Red States vs. Blues states. There are really no such things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01
Think about it. Most of us are white folk on this forum. What about the majority of blacks, mexicans, central americans, various and sundry asians, islamics, feminists, athiests, native americans, not to mention all those others I've left out.
What about them? Most of them are as American as you are.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Not really."
Yeah, really.

Quote:
There are a lot differences within individual families.

Your point?
There will always be variations within populations and outliers. However, just look at some the artificial nations of europe not to mention the constant problems in africa as a result of tribal and religious differences. Nations do disintegrate. It happens all the time.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
There will always be variations within populations and outliers. However, just look at some the artificial nations of europe not to mention the constant problems in africa as a result of tribal and religious differences. Nations do disintegrate. It happens all the time.
Only when there actually is a correlation between ethnic demographics and geography.

There is none here.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:40 PM

1,389 posts, read 1,312,791 times
Quote:
I'm sorry but i do not follow you.
Any active govt is doomed to be corrupted. America is a special case bc our has been the worlds reserve currency, once that ends goodnight Sally.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
That has nothing to do with Red States vs. Blues states. There are really no such things.
I respectfully disagree.

Quote:
What about them? Most of them are as American as you are.
In point of fact I don't think of myself as an american. I realize I am. I, once, wore the uniform of this country. However, I haven't felt any real loyalty to washington for quite some time. Unfortunately for your argument........I'm not alone.

This is a recent rasmussen poll. Ya' can't read anything beyond what I have posted. However, the number here is steady from a couple more polls I'm aware of from a few years back. People are thinking about this.

source
Quote:
24% Say States Have Right to Secede
Sunday, June 03, 2012

While belief in the right of individual states to break away from the United States continues to rise, the likelihood of such a move remains doubtful to most Americans.

Twenty-four percent (24%) of Adults nationwide now think states have the right to leave the United States and form an independent country, according to a new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey. Most (59%) still disagree, but another 16% are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

(Want a free daily e-mail update? If it's in the news, it's in our polls). Rasmussen Reports updates are also available on Twitter or Facebook .

The national survey of 1,000 Adults was conducted on May 29-30, 2012 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Fieldwork for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC . See methodology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies