Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 11:28 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Her not laughing at herself doesn't mean she doesn't enjoy the negative attention
It does because people who can laugh at themselves are willing to accept criticism. She is incapable of accepting criticism and is unable to admit mistakes. She never does it. That's one of the reasons she was such a poor leader and quit. Great leaders are always able to admit mistakes and learn from them. This is one of the reasons she is such a profoundly stupid woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 11:46 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"people who don't know fact from fiction"

Yes, some people believe whatever the fuzzy blue light tells them...

"Fox News Channel quoted an unnamed McCain campaign figure as saying that Sarah Palin did not know that Africa was a continent. Who would say such a thing? On Monday the answer popped up on a blog and popped out of the mouth of David Shuster, an MSNBC anchor. “Turns out it was Martin Eisenstadt, a McCain policy adviser, who has come forward today to identify himself as the source of the leaks,” Mr. Shuster said.
Trouble is, Martin Eisenstadt doesn’t exist."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/13/ar...pagewanted=all

The un-edited Gibson-Palin Interview transcript...

Brutally Honest: The un-edited Gibson-Palin Interview transcript
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Well lets see, entire speeches are on teleprompter.

Not your top three talking points. The Palinites and the Paulites need to get together. They live in a land of delusion. Hell I like conservative talking points, Palin is just bad at them, and she has done nothing to impress me.

She quit as governor of Alaska, if anything, that is not something I would want to teach my kids, quit your job and one that is so important to people? Thats your "maverick"?

So we have one thing from a campaign years ago, let alone all of the other people (still well liked in the Republican party) who said she was inept, not ready, and wasn't ready to be President. Hell even Dick Cheney even said she wasn't ready.

"all of the other people"?

"Dick Cheney"?

Does doing your own thinking make you feel anxious and insecure?

26 out of 40 test subjects were willing to give the fatal electric shocks in the Milgram experiments because they were told to do so.

1962 Yale University Obedience, The Milgram Experiment - YouTube

Other experiments have shown people will stay in what they believe is a burning building because an authority figure tells them to stay put and the people around them obey.

Screw that!

Join the tiny minority who think for themselves.

Grow a pair and question authority.

**** off the compliant herd!

Live a little.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:01 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

Yep.

If you have outsourced your own thought process to the dinosaur media and refuse to question anything they tell you, yes, it is a Palin classic.

However, if you have greater intellectual capacity than that of a tree squirrel, if you actually have the intellectual curiosity to question what you are being told, you already know Palin was correct.

"Boston University history professor Brendan McConville said, “Basically when Paul Revere was stopped by the British, he did say to them, ‘Look, there is a mobilization going on that you’ll be confronting,’ and the British are aware as they’re marching down the countryside, they hear church bells ringing — she was right about that — and warning shots being fired. That’s accurate.”

Experts back Sarah Palin’s historical account - BostonHerald.com

Score one for the fuzzy blue light and our failed public school system.

Once again they have teamed up to give us a generation that learns about our past from historically inaccurate cartoons.

Old 08-14-2012, 04:09 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F40 View Post
Speaking of who's PROSTIUTING who, I hear they have brought in Palin impersonators to Some Tampa strip clubs to keep The CONS entertained while at the convention
Will Tina Fey be there?

Old 08-14-2012, 05:22 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Well, I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder because I happen to think Nancy Pelosi is a very attractive older woman (she's in her seventies, for crying out loud!). I also think Debbie Washerman-Schulz is an attractive woman - in a much more natural way than Palin (she's also way smarter LOL).

From my point of view, I've never seen the big deal about Palin's looks. I find her an ordinary looking woman who tries to make herself look "bigger" personality wise with that poofy hair and those big eyeglasses.

And if you look at her closely, you will see that her face is doing what all of our faces do past a certain age - responding to the pull of gravity. She's starting to look rather saggy and "jowly," in fact.

Eye candy? Nope. I never saw that (although she does have a nice figure).

It will be interesting to see what she looks like when she's in her seventies, but I suspect she will still be trying to look young by having that same hairdo, big glasses, and wearing tight pants, Superman t-shirts, and ugly, ugly high-heeled sandals (or whatever they were).

Pelosi has enough botox to kill a herd of Rinos. Shultz looks like a crack addict that stumbled off a reality show and into Congress.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:04 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
HUH???

I'm not sure what you said there but it must have been something along the lines of:

Palins: GOOD

Anyone who doesn't idolize them like you do: BAD

Oh, noes! How did I miss that one?
HaHaHaHa
If you were following what was being said you MIGHT have gotten it. It was more along the lines of President Obama thinks and what Palin knows.

Quote:
I guess that means the Palins are good for something - getting rep points!
No again, this is how Palin bashers get rep points!! Start a bad thread and the sheep fall right in line one bash after the next...............

Quote:
Well, I'm off to find the vibrator thread; I'm sure I can find something to say that will get me a few more rep points.
You may do very well over there, better than politics or thinking your President is doing a fine job. Now if we can figure out how to divert that line of Obama voters to the Free Vibrator line we'll do just fine in November, shouldn't be to diffucult..........

When you get there you will see Bristol some how gets mentioned.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:07 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
If you were following what was being said you MIGHT have gotten it. It was more along the lines of President Obama thinks and what Palin knows.
Oh! Is that what it said?

Sorry. I've never learned the language of "jibberish."

Last edited by Cinebar; 08-14-2012 at 03:20 PM..

Old 08-14-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yep.

If you have outsourced your own thought process to the dinosaur media and refuse to question anything they tell you, yes, it is a Palin classic.

However, if you have greater intellectual capacity than that of a tree squirrel, if you actually have the intellectual curiosity to question what you are being told, you already know Palin was correct.

"Boston University history professor Brendan McConville said, “Basically when Paul Revere was stopped by the British, he did say to them, ‘Look, there is a mobilization going on that you’ll be confronting,’ and the British are aware as they’re marching down the countryside, they hear church bells ringing — she was right about that — and warning shots being fired. That’s accurate.”

Experts back Sarah Palin’s historical account - BostonHerald.com

Score one for the fuzzy blue light and our failed public school system.

Once again they have teamed up to give us a generation that learns about our past from historically inaccurate cartoons.
Her negative fans have no idea about History unless, it's coming from Maher, TMZ or NPR..........
Their probably still wondering what an expert in history is.......

Old 08-14-2012, 06:13 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Her negative fans have no idea about History unless, it's coming from Maher, TMZ or NPR..........
Their probably still wondering what an expert in history is.......
Certainly not Palin or her male counterpart, Professor Beck

Old 08-14-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Certainly not Palin or her male counterpart, Professor Beck
I don't believe that was the link............Boston University history professor Brendan McConville
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies