Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2012, 10:00 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Ha. Me, too.

Which explains my relative poverty...
LOL... unfortunately, I can relate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 10:06 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
Democrats are a hate group.
Republicans are a hate group.
There now there is balance.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:11 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
No one has said that the owner didn't have a right to speak his opinion. Don't twist this into something it's not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
And what of the vandals/terrorists?

Are they included in "no one"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
If the owner were merely speaking an opinion, I doubt this vandalism would even have occurred. Nobody is protesting In & Out for their Bible verses, are they? Matter of fact, the (sarcastic) suggestion of doing so resulted in collective laughter on this forum.

Not sure I understand what your point is.

"If the owner were merely speaking an opinion, I doubt this vandalism would even have occurred."

Are you suggesting that someone associated with Chic-Fil-A did something that somehow justifies or excuses vandalism and bomb threats or that the retaliation which occurred is in response to anything but protected speech?

Old 08-13-2012, 10:53 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Thank your government and their researching social engineers for this concerted effort to de-ball the American male and make the female dysfunctional to the male. This is not an accident. All this stuff is a well laid out plan to destroy the independence and dignity of America. Empires through out history have gone into a state of decadence and rot- then eventual collapse once their ability to breed has been destroyed...In time all of you will be like cattle for the eating- weak and submissive sexless creatures- slaves!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Not a single word of this paragaph makes sense. Straights aren't harmed because aren't treated like dirt. Men who think otherwise aren't fit to breed.

Fantasizing about party membership becoming a prerequisite for doing the nasty?

Perhaps who is or is not fit to breed should be decided by breeders.

Old 08-13-2012, 11:39 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Not sure I understand what your point is.

"If the owner were merely speaking an opinion, I doubt this vandalism would even have occurred."

Are you suggesting that someone associated with Chic-Fil-A did something that somehow justifies or excuses vandalism and bomb threats
Nope, not at all.

Please follow the line of conversation, as I'm tired of explaining what were direct answers to specific comments. If you want my opinion on the above question, it's already been covered from pretty much my first post.

Quote:
or that the retaliation which occurred is in response to anything but protected speech?
No, although I'm not sure donations qualify as "speech" - but still no. Again, if you follow the conversation you'll understand my statements a little better.

Old 08-13-2012, 11:51 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I will take note that you are advocating the commision of crime.
An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law.....Martin Luther King jr

Old 08-14-2012, 12:23 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law.....Martin Luther King jr
That's precisely the point. If the perpetrators of this episode of vandalism had come forward, or committed their acts in public, it would have at least demonstrated their willingness to "accept the penalty." As it was, they did it in secret, when no one was around.

Instead of "expressing respect for the law", they have shown abject cowardice.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:06 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Graffiti is now terrorism? Get a life....
Vandalism is a crime.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:13 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
I don't see any of those vandals in jail - which makes your civil disobedience defense rather hollow.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:20 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,679 times
These criminal incidents are yet another poor reflection on the homosexual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies