Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 02:00 PM

26,560 posts, read 14,424,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The only item of note that I personally find to be questionable is the constant use of "Hawaii DoH personnel have verified the authenticity of the birth certificate!" claim. A system is only as good as its people.
the DoH is tasked with maintaining birth records in all states. they are the top authority. no different then verifying a car registration thru the DMV.

Quote:
It makes me wince every single time the "It was verified!" excuse is used because there is nothing stopping a rank-and-file worker from injecting personal political activities into their duties as a civil servant.
except the contemporaneous newspaper accounts and 1961 birth index ( ..... also a 1968 state dept report ).

Quote:
Hawaii being fervently Democratic only makes protecting Barack Obama more apparent to me.
it was originally verified by linda lingle, republican governor who worked on the mccain campaign, and her republican director of health.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Uh, no. The Governor and the Director of Health did not dig into filing cabinets,....
08-93.pdf - By Nitro PDF Software

"....have personally seen and verified...."

Old 08-14-2012, 02:10 PM

20,893 posts, read 16,064,173 times
Quote:
Uh, no. The Governor and the Director of Health did not dig into filing cabinets, nor did they dig through reels of microfiche.
What part of "I as Director of Health for the State of Hawai‘i, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawai‘i State Department of Health has Sen. Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures" do you not understand?

http://hawaii.gov/health/about/pr/2008/08-93.pdf/

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC
They relied on rank-and-file civil servants to do the grunt work, as is the case in every government office in every state and city in this nation.
What would have inspired you to make up such total bull****? I mean seriously... do you not give a tinker's damn about what is true, so you just pull idiotic assertions like that out of your ass?

Old 08-14-2012, 02:16 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,103,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
08-93.pdf - By Nitro PDF Software

"....have personally seen and verified...."
YEAH....they saw it after rank and file workers dug through files to find it.

What part of my statement did you not understand?

Old 08-14-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
What part of "I as Director of Health for the State of Hawai‘i, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawai‘i State Department of Health has Sen. Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures" do you not understand?

http://hawaii.gov/health/about/pr/2008/08-93.pdf/

What would have inspired you to make up such total bull****? I mean seriously... do you not give a tinker's damn about what is true, so you just pull idiotic assertions like that out of your ass?
YEAH....they "saw it" after rank and file workers dug through files to find it.

As if the Governor and the Secretary did the digging themselves! LOL

Such a hack aren't you?

What part of my statement did you not understand? Can you not read?

Old 08-14-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
What part of my statement did you not understand?
the part where you showed evidence that it was "rank and file workers" who pulled the files ( as opposed to something you just completely made up because it supports your belief ).

Old 08-14-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
the part where you showed evidence that it was "rank and file workers" who pulled the files ( as opposed to something you just completely made up because it supports your belief ).
Holy crap. Get a clue....will you? If you don't have any idea how government works......then by all means steer clear of threads that might make you pretend you do. Deal?

The god damn Governor/Director did not dig through reels of microfiche nor did the they dig through filing cabinets. The rank and file did the grunt work. This is not new office protocol. This is how it works. ****ing embarrassing that you and Historian would even go this route!!!!

Old 08-14-2012, 02:25 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,540,066 times
What a colossal waste of money.

I like the hypothetical questions in the ad. They add a nice touch of funny to it.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
The god damn Governor/Director did not dig through reels of microfiche nor did the they dig through filing cabinets.
the inconceivable thought that a director of health could spend the 0-5 minutes required to retrieve something in chronological and alphabetical order.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
the inconceivable thought that a director of health could spend the 0-5 minutes required to retrieve something in chronological and alphabetical order.
LOL.....You act like the Hawaii Director of Health sits in a 1200 square foot building with 3 offices and a file storage room.

Next time you go to the DMV, ask them to get the State DMV Director to file your driver license application. I'm sure that will go over really well! You know....because he's just right around the corner twiddling his thumbs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies