Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 04:38 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Zimmerman defense fund dwindling; Fla. may pay - CBS News

CBS/AP) ORLANDO, Fla. - The attorney for the former neighborhood watch volunteer who shot and killed Florida teenager Trayvon Martin said Monday that George Zimmerman is almost broke despite having raised more than $250,000 since last spring.

Mark O'Mara, who is defending Zimmerman against a second-degree murder charge in the fatal February shooting, said a lack of money in Zimmerman's legal defense fund is complicating the defense's desire to move the case ahead quickly.

"The money's not coming in all that strongly right now," O'Mara told reporters. "I think that as we move forward we're probably going to have to consider indigency for Mr. Zimmerman unless something else happens with more donations and whatnot and then it puts it on the state's shoulders to actually fund that defense."

Time for all CD Zimmy lovers to pony up some cash. Just like the televangelists say. Pull out your credit card and sow your financial seed.
The facts of this case, once we dig beneath the lies of the MSM, clearly show Trayvon Martin to be a thug, and Zimmerman to have acted in self defense, as Martin slammed his head into the pavement multiple times. Photos of Zimmerman's injuries have been largely hidden by the MSM, but they do exist.

Racism works two ways. In this case it is toward the protection of a black thug. Is this any different than the protection from prosecution of the New Black Panthers wielding clubs and intimidating white voters exercising their constitutional right to vote for the candidate of their choice?

The way this man (Zimmerman) has been portrayed by the MSM is nothing short of disgusting. He has been declared guilty by the press before investigations into the case were begun, and Trayvon Martin has been painted as an innocent nice young black teenager who was simply out to buy a snack.

Adding insult to injury, we have the President of The United States declaring publicly, and before all the facts were known, "If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon Martin," further damaging Zimmerman's case, and rallying weepy blacks in the Florida neigborhood who likely knew Martin was no choir boy.

Zimmerman has no hope of obtaining a fair trial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 04:51 AM

Default Black racists against Zimmerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
"Zimmy lovers?"
Does that include everyone who doesn't
think he's guilty of second degree murder?
I most certainly does, and more specifically, whites.

Old 08-19-2012, 04:54 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The facts of this case, once we dig beneath the lies of the MSM, clearly show Trayvon Martin to be a thug, and Zimmerman to have acted in self defense, as Martin slammed his head into the pavement multiple times. Photos of Zimmerman's injuries have been largely hidden by the MSM, but they do exist.

Racism works two ways. In this case it is toward the protection of a black thug. Is this any different than the protection from prosecution of the New Black Panthers wielding clubs and intimidating white voters exercising their constitutional right to vote for the candidate of their choice?

The way this man (Zimmerman) has been portrayed by the MSM is nothing short of disgusting. He has been declared guilty by the press before investigations into the case were begun, and Trayvon Martin has been painted as an innocent nice young black teenager who was simply out to buy a snack.

Zimmerman has no hope of obtaining a fair trial.
How about giving us some links to what you found "digging beneath the surface of the MSM lies" which YOU think clearly shows Martin was a "thug"? Interesting that Martin has absolutely no criminal record at all. None. Never was arrested for any crime. Never.

You're a little late to this issue. There is a court file FULL of actual evidence from the prosecutor which is available for the public (meaning you and everybody who has access to a computer) to review online. That means that YOU (not the media) can go to the Clerk's Office online and LOOK AT THE DOCUMENTS/EVIDENCE IN THE OFFICIAL COURT FILE. You don't have to rely on the MSM to do any interpreting for you, unless it's too difficult for you to read the court file full of evidence. And, btw, those photos of Zimmerman's scratched head are in the court file too......and they've been published by the MSM as well. Where have you been? Ultimately a JURY will see those photos up close and personal.

I think your post makes it clear that for some members of the public racism is definitely an issue.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Those seem to be the people who are zealously verbally defending him. When he is declared indigent and the state is required to pay for his defense, well, that won't be good for all the NRA folks who have put so much effort into supporting this guy.
Which is to say that you think he is guilty, without knowing the facts, or conveniently ignoring them, as has the MSM.

Anyone who has read the facts that are available, the timeline of Martin's movements on that night, and also something of his background, knows that Martin was not "just out for a snack."

Additionally, Zimmerman is not the "hot dog," gun weilding racist that the MSM portray him to be.

The MSM has done a good job of trying this case in the court of public opinion, without regard for the facts, and before any of the facts were even in. Zimmerman is a white racist who was on the lookout for suspicious blacks in the neighborhood, and couldn't wait to fire his gun at one of them. He is an example (in the eyes of the MSM — and also you, apparently) of why people shouldn't have guns.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:22 AM

37,222 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Zimmerman is a white racist who was on the lookout for suspicious blacks in the neighborhood, and couldn't wait to fire his gun at one of them. He is an example (in the eyes of the MSM — and also you, apparently) of why people shouldn't have guns.
I agree, except for the "people" part.

People should be able to have guns, they just shouldn't be able to carry them without an extensive background check and mental health testing, and a valid reason for having a carrying permit, not just that they fancy themselves to be one-man militias out looking for wrongs to right like they're some type of superhero.

In other words, I strongly support the Swiss system of gun control.

Last edited by cuebald; 08-19-2012 at 05:33 AM..

Old 08-19-2012, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I agree, except for the "people" part.

People should be able to have guns, they just shouldn't be able to carry them without an extenxive background check and mental health testing, and a valid reason for having a carrying permit, not just that they fancy themselves to be one-man militias out looking for wrongs to right like they're some type of superhero.

In other words, I strongly support the Swiss system of gun control.
I think you misread my post. I believe Zimmerman to be innocent, and I do not think he "fancied himself to be a one-man-militia out looking for wrongs to right." I believe that the facts, as we know them, show he fired in self defense after Martin spotted him watching his (Martin's) activites, attacked him and pulled him to the ground and began smashing his head against the pavement. This is what Zimmermans injuries suggest, and it is consistent with an eye witness said.

Martin was a thug.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Which is to say that you think he is guilty, without knowing the facts, or conveniently ignoring them, as has the MSM.

Anyone who has read the facts that are available, the timeline of Martin's movements on that night, and also something of his background, knows that Martin was not "just out for a snack."

Additionally, Zimmerman is not the "hot dog," gun weilding racist that the MSM portray him to be.

The MSM has done a good job of trying this case in the court of public opinion, without regard for the facts, and before any of the facts were even in. Zimmerman is a white racist who was on the lookout for suspicious blacks in the neighborhood, and couldn't wait to fire his gun at one of them. He is an example (in the eyes of the MSM — and also you, apparently) of why people shouldn't have guns.
Okay. Give us some links support your belief that Martin was not really out "just for some snacks."

Are you totally unaware of Zimmerman's interview on "TV" by Hannity? Are you totally unaware that Zimmerman appeared on Hannity's show? Zimmerman has done more to convince people he's a nut than the "MSM' could ever hope for.

From the evidence I've seen, I think there is a good possibility that Zimmerman is guilty as charged. But I don't get to make that call; ultimately a judge in an immunity hearing or a jury will make that decision.

Btw, I'm not anti-people-privately-owning guns. I simply couldn't care less how many guns you or anyone else owns legally. I don't believe there is any way possible for the government to gather up all the guns which are privately owned in this country.

Is your major issue with what you call the "MSM" .....as I said before, the evidence in this case is available in the court file which is online for anyone to view so nobody has to rely on the MSM to tell them anything unless that's what they WANT to hear and they're too lazy to check out the facts for themselves. Also, the last time I checked, the MSM does NOT render verdicts for juries in real cases. Zimmerman himself has done more to hurt his "image" than anyone in the "media." Are you also unaware that Zimmerman and his wife lied to the judge in a hearing and that now Zimmerman's wife has been charged with perjury? That makes Zimmerman's credibility a little bit suspect at this point.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:56 AM

Quote:
How about giving us some links to what you found "digging beneath the surface of the MSM lies" which YOU think clearly shows Martin was a "thug"? Interesting that Martin has absolutely no criminal record at all. None. Never was arrested for any crime. Never.

You're a little late to this issue. There is a court file FULL of actual evidence from the prosecutor which is available for the public (meaning you and everybody who has access to a computer) to review online. That means that YOU (not the media) can go to the Clerk's Office online and LOOK AT THE DOCUMENTS/EVIDENCE IN THE OFFICIAL COURT FILE. You don't have to rely on the MSM to do any interpreting for you, unless it's too difficult for you to read the court file full of evidence. And, btw, those photos of Zimmerman's scratched head are in the court file too......and they've been published by the MSM as well. Where have you been? Ultimately a JURY will see those photos up close and personal.

I think your post makes it clear that for some members of the public racism is definitely an issue.
How did I guess you would be the first to respond to my post? Uncanny!

Thank you for your kind and thoughtfull admonishment. I do not rely on the MSM, however, and I have seen photos. I have also seen photos of Martin as he was at his current age, not the sweet innocent looking 12 year old that has been plastered all over the news for a gullible public.

Thank you, but I am not unaware of the facts in this case.

Old 08-19-2012, 06:07 AM

Quote:
How did I guess you would be the first to respond to my post? Uncanny!

Thank you for your kind and thoughtfull admonishment. I do not rely on the MSM, however, and I have seen photos. I have also seen photos of Martin as he was at his current age, not the sweet innocent looking 12 year old that has been plastered all over the news for a gullible public.

Thank you, but I am not unaware of the facts in this case.
I would assume you guessed I would respond to your posts because I've been posting in this thread this morning? Now how hard a leap was that for you?

So you don't rely on MSM but you just happen to have seen photos of Martin at a young age and the age he was at the time of his death.....and exactly what did those photos of the older Martin tell you?

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-19-2012 at 07:09 AM.. Reason: off topic/discussing poster not topic

Old 08-19-2012, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Okay. Give us some links support your belief that Martin was not really out "just for some snacks."

Are you totally unaware of Zimmerman's interview on "TV" by Hannity? Are you totally unaware that Zimmerman appeared on Hannity's show? Zimmerman has done more to convince people he's a nut than the "MSM' could ever hope for.

From the evidence I've seen, I think there is a good possibility that Zimmerman is guilty as charged. But I don't get to make that call; ultimately a judge in an immunity hearing or a jury will make that decision.

Btw, I'm not anti-people-privately-owning guns. I simply couldn't care less how many guns you or anyone else owns legally. I don't believe there is any way possible for the government to gather up all the guns which are privately owned in this country.

Is your major issue with what you call the "MSM" .....as I said before, the evidence in this case is available in the court file which is online for anyone to view so nobody has to rely on the MSM to tell them anything unless that's what they WANT to hear and they're too lazy to check out the facts for themselves. Also, the last time I checked, the MSM does NOT render verdicts for juries in real cases. Zimmerman himself has done more to hurt his "image" than anyone in the "media." Are you also unaware that Zimmerman and his wife lied to the judge in a hearing and that now Zimmerman's wife has been charged with perjury? That makes Zimmerman's credibility a little bit suspect at this point.
I am aware of Zimmerman's interview by Hannity.

I still believe that one is innocent until proven guilty. So far, it looks as though Zimmerman is not getting the benefit of that tenet of our legal system.

You seem to think you know all about this case, and are more familiar with all the facts than anyone else is here, so I'm sure I do not need to provide you with any links (which I did not save, so I don't have them at hand). Google it. But apparently you don't need to.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-19-2012 at 07:10 AM.. Reason: off topic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies