Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support Voter ID Laes?
Yes 91 71.65%
No 35 27.56%
Who cares? 1 0.79%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 04:39 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober13 View Post
There is no voter fraud. There are only a handful of cases out of millions of people. This is a Republican ploy used to block Democratic leaning voters from voting. Republicans can't win honestly. Republican quote " Voter ID laws will let Romney win Pennsylvania", also from another Republican think tankster "We don't want everyone to vote. Elections aren't won by us when everyone votes. We want as few people as possible to vote".

The Voting Rights Act of 1965 ensures EVERYONE'S right to vote. Urban people who don't drive, who may be elderly, or who were born to a midwife may not have the documents to get new id. And these people have voted for years and are on the voter rolls.

Who the hell is going to vote multiple times? That takes time, and with the electoral college system we have in this country, it wouldn't accomplish anything.

Research the statistics. You're on your computer now reading this. Do a search right now. Voter fraud cases are almost negligible in this country.

People who believe this voter fraud scam would believe it if I said we just had 12 inches of snow in the desert in August.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight No fraud at all No Acorn, No dead voters out voting, no car loads of dead voters and mulit voters in NH last time, nope none not at all

Wrong.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 06:27 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober13 View Post
..... or who were born to a midwife may not have the documents to get new id. And these people have voted for years and are on the voter rolls.
Midwives are supposed to assist in the registering of births, just like hospitals. However, every state has provisions to assist people without registered births. How does anyone do anything in this country, including claiming citizenship, without their birth being registered? I get it for the people born before the 70's but afterwards? If after 1986 then their parents could have never claimed them as tax deductions.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:31 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,393,250 times
Given the proof in the form of factual data that voter fraud is extremely rare, it seems a solution for a problem that does not exist, but has the side effect of disproportionally disenfranchising voters of one political stripe.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:53 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
This is a subject I have a pretty strong opinion about. I am curious how many support having these laws verus how many don't. I would love to know why or why not.

Edit: LOL - I misspelled Laws and you can't edit a poll question.
it is the law of the land,you have to be a citizen to vote! and the government should make sure those that vote are citizens!

Old 08-15-2012, 06:55 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
Given the proof in the form of factual data that voter fraud is extremely rare, it seems a solution for a problem that does not exist, but has the side effect of disproportionally disenfranchising voters of one political stripe.
voter fraud is rampant in Hispanic communities i know i have seen it!

Old 08-15-2012, 07:20 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,586,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock.teller View Post
Voter fraud does not occur in the USA. Conservatives hate and want to kill all non-white people and murder all non-wealthy people, so the purpose of the voter id laws is to simply steal more power and cash away from the powerless.

It is about time that we begin putting these conservatives on trial for treason. As a nation, we can no longer tolerate the continual blast of nonsense from treasonous conservatives.
Cuckoo! Cuckoo!

It's not just about vote theft. There are factions within this country that are not allowed to vote. Illegal aliens. Felons. Dead people.

If you can't prove you are who you are, you shouldn't be in the booth. It's as simple as that. Democrats are against voter ID requirements because they'd lose the illegal aliens that slip through the cracks.

Most states have avenues in place to obtain free ID if you can't afford to pay for one. If you're homeless, you can even list your address as "under the bridge at the intersection of I-405 and I-90" if that's where you live. There's no excuse not to have one. You need one to drive, to rent a car, to rent a hotel room, to write a check, when you get stopped by the police, to get in or out of the country, to enter pubs or clubs, and a billion other things. To try and claim it as a "poll tax" is as retarded as the concept that people shouldn't have to prove they are who they say they are, because it implies an ID is only good for voting.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:21 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight No fraud at all No Acorn, No dead voters out voting, no car loads of dead voters and mulit voters in NH last time, nope none not at all

Wrong.........
Actually, right.

Research as proven that voter fraud is very, very rare.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:53 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
it is the law of the land,you have to be a citizen to vote! and the government should make sure those that vote are citizens!

My expired ID proves I am a citizen but voter ID laws say that doesn't count, so voter ID laws must be about something other than ensuring that only citizens vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies