Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support Voter ID Laes?
Yes 91 71.65%
No 35 27.56%
Who cares? 1 0.79%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 02:40 PM

1,187 posts, read 994,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I guess the State of Kansas must not agree with your thinking. They allow non-drivers to go to the DOT testing offices and procure free IDs since the state has required them to vote. This is a thing that allows this law to exist since courts have always allowed those IDs that didn't cost the voter any money. Hey, even old people who don't drive anymore can vote in Kansas and only have to pay for the trip to the License office.
somebody is paying for it though... it would be the tax payer who funds the DMV/DOT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 02:41 PM

1,187 posts, read 994,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
So does this mean you support the general public picking up the cost of a pistol permit?
I don't like the idea of having to pay for a permit to carry a gun. So, I guess effectively, that would be no... but if they just wanted to see an id to prove I was a citizen and had the right to bear arms, then I'd be ok with that.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:45 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,478,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
I don't like the idea of having to pay for a permit to carry a gun. So, I guess effectively, that would be no... but if they just wanted to see an id to prove I was a citizen and had the right to bear arms, then I'd be ok with that.

Same here. I have no problem showing an id when asked, either by a cop or someone working where I cast my vote.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:21 PM

2,546 posts, read 2,462,399 times
Would a voter ID law solve a real problem? No, because the problem doesn't exist on any notable scale. Voter fraud is like shark attacks, a common problem in the public's view, but very small in reality.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:27 PM

24,507 posts, read 33,292,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
It's actually a complete no brainer in all it's aspects. What needs to be done is something called enumeration. In a reasonable timeframe before an election enumerators go out door to door and put people on the electors list. Those who get missed can go to the enumeration office and get put on the list. Being on the list gets you a voting slip. The slip states the time and place you are to vote and your name of course. If you don't have a voter slip you can still vote by showing the appropriate ID with your address on it.

Most attempts in the USA to prevent so called voting fraud, which by the way is extremely low dispite what anyone says, are in fact thinly veiled attempts at voter supression. It's historical in the USA. It's been done in one form or another as long as the Republic has existed.
What do you mean "so called voting fraud?" Do you really think it doesn't exist at all?

Old 08-15-2012, 03:54 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,951,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock.teller View Post
We need to keep in mind that if people like Mitt and Paul Ryan should happen to seize control of the USA, we all will be living in forced labor camps working 19 hours a day seven days a week under gun point until death occurs. This is the right wing vision for the USA.
yeah! and you better bring the cat, dog and your goldfish to vote along with as many dead as you can find.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:55 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,512,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
What do you mean "so called voting fraud?" Do you really think it doesn't exist at all?
Guess he thinks all the many state election boards just imagined the dead rising up to vote.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
I hate to have to correct someone I agree with on the main point, but it is not the case that the purpose of voter ID laws is to prevent ineligible people from voting.

The purpose of voter ID laws is to prevent minorities, low-income people, young people, and other people likely to vote Democratic from voting.

The claim that voter impersonation fraud is rampant is a lie, plain and simple. If the country clubs were full of members without ID we wouldn't be hearing anything about requiring ID to vote.
Yeah like dead people, cats, dogs and gold fish, not to mention going for a joy ride and voting 10 times in other towns.

Illegals like voting many more times than once and the lefties see nothing wrong with it. In fact the lefties buy them gifts to vote more than once!

Old 08-15-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I guess the State of Kansas must not agree with your thinking. They allow non-drivers to go to the DOT testing offices and procure free IDs since the state has required them to vote. This is a thing that allows this law to exist since courts have always allowed those IDs that didn't cost the voter any money. Hey, even old people who don't drive anymore can vote in Kansas and only have to pay for the trip to the License office.
Roy, the state 'requires' them to vote? Like there is a law in Kansas that so long as you are of legal age and of sound mind you by law must Vote?

or were you just being casual in words and tone....?

Old 08-15-2012, 04:20 PM

582 posts, read 1,481,247 times
There is no voter fraud. There are only a handful of cases out of millions of people. This is a Republican ploy used to block Democratic leaning voters from voting. Republicans can't win honestly. Republican quote " Voter ID laws will let Romney win Pennsylvania", also from another Republican think tankster "We don't want everyone to vote. Elections aren't won by us when everyone votes. We want as few people as possible to vote".

The Voting Rights Act of 1965 ensures EVERYONE'S right to vote. Urban people who don't drive, who may be elderly, or who were born to a midwife may not have the documents to get new id. And these people have voted for years and are on the voter rolls.

Who the hell is going to vote multiple times? That takes time, and with the electoral college system we have in this country, it wouldn't accomplish anything.

Research the statistics. You're on your computer now reading this. Do a search right now. Voter fraud cases are almost negligible in this country.

People who believe this voter fraud scam would believe it if I said we just had 12 inches of snow in the desert in August.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies