Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 07:31 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times

Advertisements

The hypocrisy of the Romney Ryan ticket has no end.

http://secure.assets.bostatic.com/pd...ters_press.pdf

here are the letters Ryan sent asking for Green energy stimulus money. Ryan sent at least 4 letters asking for money.

Romney himself praised the stimulus and all the good it would do for job creation.

JANUARY 2009: Romney Said Obama Should “Move Quickly” On The Proposed $750 Billion Stimulus Package Because We Are In “Unusual Times” And “A Stimulus Program Is Needed.” “BLITZER: He’s talking about a $750 billion economic stimulus package. He wants it to be passed as soon as possible. It’s unclear if whether it can be passed before he’s inaugurated on January 20th. What do you think about this proposal? ROMNEY: Well, I frankly wish that the last Congress would have dealt with the stimulus issue and that the president could assign that before leaving office. I think there is need for economic stimulus. Americans have lost about $11 trillion in net worth. That translates into about $400 billion a year less spending that they’ll be doing, and that’s net of additional government programs like Medicaid and unemployment insurance. And government can help make that up in a very difficult time. And that’s one of the reasons why I think a stimulus program is needed. I’d move quickly. These are unusual times. But it has to be something which relieves pressure on middle-income families. I think a tax cut is necessary for them as well as for businesses that are growing. We’ll be investing in infrastructure and in energy technologies.” [CNN, Late Edition, 1/4/09]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 11:25 AM

32,087 posts, read 34,676,186 times
Default Why Did Paul Ryan Request Stimulus Money?

I just don't get it. He says it doesn't work. But then he said it "creates jobs" in his letters. What gives?

Old 10-16-2012, 11:41 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I just don't get it. He says it doesn't work. But then he said it "creates jobs" in his letters. What gives?
He is a fraud and a hypocrite. Next question.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:43 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
This threads done.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:44 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,713,608 times
EVERYONE on Planet Earth knows that the Stimulus didn't work.

Obama's graph on the White House website is still there where he claimed that if we passed the stimulus, unemplyment would drop to 5.2%.

Did that happen?

Old 10-16-2012, 11:45 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,544,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post

Obama's graph on the White House website is still there where he claimed that if we passed the stimulus, unemplyment would drop to 5.2%.

Did that happen?
What do you think would have happened without the stimulus, I'm curious?

Old 10-16-2012, 11:49 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,745,101 times
Let's see, request money to go to the GM plant that half the town he lives in depends on to survive, or ignore the purpose of the stimulus and allow Obama and company to use the money to take care of their contributors while ignoring the real purpose of the stimulus that congress passed?

Last I checked Ryan was right, the stimulus did not work, would it have worked if it had been used to actually help companies that create jobs and do project that were ready, nobody really knows but we do know that the unemployment rate really did not improve, millions more on food stamps, and there are over 100 companies that received the stimulus money currently under investigation for fraud. but you are right Ryan is a hypocrite for trying to get the money used on something he believes would have actually done what the stimulus was supposedly designed to do.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:49 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post

Did that happen?
Well Ryan said it would help produce jobs in his state. You guys seem to have a fundamental difference of opinion.

Don't diss Ryan bro.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...16/249/a42.jpg

Old 10-16-2012, 11:51 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,490,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
He did what all Congressmen, and all elected officials are expected by their constituents to do ... lend assistance when they ask.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:51 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,745,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
What do you think would have happened without the stimulus, I'm curious?
considering most of the money seems to have been thrown away, probably the exact same thing, but we might owe less money to China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies