Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 11:14 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times

Advertisements

To paraphrase Lionnel Richie, once twice, three times a hypocrite

After getting called out as a hypocrite and liar, Ryan fessed up, sort of.

Quote:
"After having these letters called to my attention I checked into them, and they were treated as constituent service requests in the same way matters involving Social Security or Veterans Affairs are handled," Ryan said in a statement. "This is why I didn't recall the letters earlier. But they should have been handled differently, and I take responsibility for that."

But he couldn't end it without getting one last childish dig in at President Obama.
Paul Ryan Asked for Stimulus Cash, Then Lied About Doing So

Busted: Paul Ryan Asked For Stimulus Funds - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2012, 10:16 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,947,168 times
Typical hypocrisy from the Romney/Ryan team! What else is new?

Old 08-18-2012, 11:29 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
To paraphrase Lionnel Richie, once twice, three times a hypocrite

After getting called out as a hypocrite and liar, Ryan fessed up, sort of.

Paul Ryan Asked for Stimulus Cash, Then Lied About Doing So

Busted: Paul Ryan Asked For Stimulus Funds - YouTube
He lied and I cant believe team Obama is not jumping on this. Get with it guys.

Up the intensity in the Country.

Old 08-18-2012, 11:32 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,256,905 times
Is this ticket worse than McCain/Palin?

Old 08-18-2012, 11:41 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,088,541 times
I don't see a problem with opposing the stimulus then, once it's already been passed and is going to be spent somewhere one way or another, asking for some of that money to be spent in your district as opposed to elsewhere.

His explanation made sense to me. He probably asks for money all the time when there's already money slated to be spent, and that's why he didn't remember. it's called doing his job. That's the reason this isn't a big deal, Mr. Young Turk, because all Congressman try to get stuff for their district. And this isn't even an earmark, it's programs that are giving out money that is going to go somewhere. A good representative will try to get that money to his district rather than across the country.

But I'm sure conservatives will get this and liberals won't, and if it were Obama, that would be the other way around.

Old 08-18-2012, 11:53 AM
F40

826 posts, read 857,504 times
It just proves once again what a majority of Americans Know, that the Cons were /are spiteful of the President, and will do anything to hurt the President to score political points.

I think the real interesting race to watch is the congress,

Old 08-18-2012, 11:56 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Im sure there is more to this. But anyways, liberals suddenly have a problem when someone flip flops or lies?!?! Guess they never heard of a man named Barrack Hussein Obama.

Old 08-18-2012, 12:01 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Let's see:

Medicare Part D
"Tax cuts for the rich"
Patriot Act
Drones
Extraordinary Rendition

You could pretty much call hypocrisy on everything the *******s said during the Bush administration considering that now they're in lock-step since a ******* is in the presidency.

Old 08-18-2012, 12:04 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
I don't see a problem with opposing the stimulus then, once it's already been passed and is going to be spent somewhere one way or another, asking for some of that money to be spent in your district as opposed to elsewhere.

His explanation made sense to me. He probably asks for money all the time when there's already money slated to be spent, and that's why he didn't remember. it's called doing his job. That's the reason this isn't a big deal, Mr. Young Turk, because all Congressman try to get stuff for their district. And this isn't even an earmark, it's programs that are giving out money that is going to go somewhere. A good representative will try to get that money to his district rather than across the country.

But I'm sure conservatives will get this and liberals won't, and if it were Obama, that would be the other way around.
Actually if Obama did this, He would be a hypocrite. Please don't give Obama breaks he doesn't deserve. It's terribly wrong. I'm sure we all can see how this is a big deal.

Old 08-18-2012, 12:06 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
If he throws big words at people, maybe they won't care that he took the money bad. While saying spending the money was bad for the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies