Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 10:49 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
some consider to be considered an leftist a curse. I wear my leftist colors with pride. So long as I am never considered an elitist preppie bastard born with a silver spoon up my a** I will be fine.
Well, I beleive you have lied directly to my face here on this board, so you must be an elitist preppie bastart....

Remember your conversation on currently being on fast track to E-7.....now you have also been a Nam vet....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 03:22 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,911 times
He voted against it, but once it got passed of course he is going to see if his district can get some money. That is his job.

Old 08-20-2012, 04:00 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
The fact is that Ryan totally supported stimulus as a remedy to get the economy rolling. He gave speeches to that effect that are on line. The thing is though he was for it as long as it was a GOP advocating for it. GW Bush wanted a stimulus and Ryan was cheerleader number one.
The guy is nothing more than a partisan hack.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:07 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
For it, but against it. Is that Romney or Ryan? Hard to tell.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:11 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plates View Post
Ryan Denies Taking Stimulus, Then Admits He Did -- Daily Intel

"Paul Ryan voted against President Obama's federal stimulus bill, and has repeatedly attacked the legislation, calling it a "wasteful spending spree" and "a monstrosity." Thus, the revelation that he and several other Republicans asked for stimulus funds for companies in their district caused a minor stir..."

There goes a large portion of his platform.
If his constituents are going to be on the hook for paying for the stimulas, then why shouldn't he request stimulus funds for his district? He never got any of the requested funds. He forgot about the letters. Do you ever forget anything? I know I do.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:09 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
For it, but against it. Is that Romney or Ryan? Hard to tell.
They evolve. If it's good enough for Obama, it's good enough for Congress.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:45 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
[quote=southward bound;25734420]They evolve.

I HOPE THEY EVOLVE. Anything would be better than the worms they now are. They don't in fact evolve at all but they LIE. They lie every time they open their ignorant traps.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:53 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Ryan Denies Taking Stimulus, Then Admits He Did -- Daily Intel

"Paul Ryan voted against President Obama's federal stimulus bill, and has repeatedly attacked the legislation, calling it a "wasteful spending spree" and "a monstrosity." Thus, the revelation that he and several other Republicans asked for stimulus funds for companies in their district caused a minor stir..."

There goes a large portion of his platform.

It's only bad if the other side does it.

Politics 101.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:39 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,252,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
He voted against it, but once it got passed of course he is going to see if his district can get some money. That is his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
The fact is that Ryan totally supported stimulus as a remedy to get the economy rolling. He gave speeches to that effect that are on line. The thing is though he was for it as long as it was a GOP advocating for it. GW Bush wanted a stimulus and Ryan was cheerleader number one.
The guy is nothing more than a partisan hack.
It's not that he voted against it, but that doesn't help his case still. It's the fact that while he was accepting the money he was saying how it was bad and how it wouldn't help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
It's only bad if the other side does it.

Politics 101.
He is a hardcore Conservative so he just complained about how bad it was and then accepted it because he needed the money to help. That's not something that really happens with the Democrats and especially not a Democrat running for the presidency.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:52 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
It's not that he voted against it, but that doesn't help his case still. It's the fact that while he was accepting the money he was saying how it was bad and how it wouldn't help.

He is a hardcore Conservative so he just complained about how bad it was and then accepted it because he needed the money to help. That's not something that really happens with the Democrats and especially not a Democrat running for the presidency.
No, it doesn't; you are correct. Democrats vote FOR it even though it's bad because they want the money. We all know that.

However, consider this: If something you don't think is good for the country passes, and the money is being distributed, and your constituents ask you for some of it, would you say "no" and let it go to the state next door? Be realistic. Once it passes, the money is spent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies