Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2012, 03:53 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times

Advertisements

Good for Kerry.

These "special ops" guys are just GOP partisans sent out to score political hit points. Ones's run for Congress for the GOP already.

Treat them with the reverence any partisan hack deserves.............NONE

I don't give a damn what they did in the military.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 03:54 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Ones's run for Congress already.
As a Republican and lost. Real non-partisan operation they've got going, I'm sure.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:56 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Hey Obama for unAmerica, it probably isnt a good idea to use Kerry to respond to Special Ops critics of Obama. He's the last person you should use.
Why? Because he's a decorated war hero who was smeared and lied about by the Republican right wing?

That's patriotism, right there. Trying to destroy the reputation of a US veteran for cynical political purposes. It remains the single most scummy political operation I have ever witnessed in my entire adult life. It was the very reason I left the Republican party after almost 30 years.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:58 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Team Obama responds to special ops criticism via John Kerry « Hot Air

Hey Obama for unAmerica, it probably isnt a good idea to use Kerry to respond to Special Ops critics of Obama. He's the last person you should use.
So WHO is behind this group posting this stuff? I'd definitely call it "swift boating" or trying to "swift boat" Obama.

Here's a very accurate quote from your link:

"Seeing the new outrageous attacks made against President Obama from a shadowy Republican-allied veterans group called OPSEC, which take issue with the mission to kill Osama bin Laden, remind me all too well of the notorious “Swift Boat” attacks I faced in the 2004 campaign. I honor and appreciate the service of my fellow veterans, but a false attack is a false attack — no matter who’s making it.
It’s not enough to wish them away or dismiss them because they come in part from “birthers” who still won’t concede that President Obama was born here in the United States."

Old 08-17-2012, 04:06 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
As a Republican and lost. Real non-partisan operation they've got going, I'm sure.
Also he or another clown in this partisan group is a birther.

Anti-Obama Navy SEAL leader: I

This will get some play in the "Michelle Obama lies about what vegetables she grows in her garden*" crowd, but the press won't touch it with these partisan kooks background.

* Actual thread subject posted in CD by Obama haters

Old 08-17-2012, 04:10 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Memo to John Kerry:

Shut up. You lost. Deal with it.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:15 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Good for Kerry.

These "special ops" guys are just GOP partisans sent out to score political hit points. Ones's run for Congress for the GOP already.

Treat them with the reverence any partisan hack deserves.............NONE

I don't give a damn what they did in the military.
Tell us what is inaccurate about what they said. As they say, the people around them during an operation are of all political types, races and so forth. They ALL DIE the same way when Presidents let out classified information that helps an enemy adjust to their tactics.
The President ends up helping kill folks doing what he did spiking the ball on Laden.

What part do you disagree with. We all know about all the information that was released and what was said made common sense conclusions.
Take politics out of it and they are still telling the truth and making a good point.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:16 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Memo to John Kerry:

Shut up. You lost. Deal with it.
Memo to Mr. Dale:

I'm sure John Kerry cares about what you think.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:54 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
IF we'd lkistened to Obama back then we wouldn't have gotten involved in a costly, asinine, useless war of choice.
Which reminds me, how's that Gitmo closing coming along?

Old 08-17-2012, 05:06 PM

57,285 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
The OPSEC group says it is not political and aims to save American lives. Its first public salvo is a 22-minute film that includes criticism of Obama and his administration. The film, to be released on Wednesday, was seen in advance by Reuters.

“Mr. President, you did not kill Osama bin Laden, America did. The work that the American military has done killed Osama bin Laden. You did not,” Ben Smith, identified as a Navy SEAL, says in the film.

“As a citizen, it is my civic duty to tell the president to stop leaking information to the enemy,” Smith continues. “It will get Americans killed.”
An Obama campaign official said: “No one in this group is in a position to speak with any authority on these issues and on what impact these leaks might have, and it’s clear they’ve resorted to making things up for purely political reasons.”
Earth to Ben Smith- we know Obama did not kill bin Laden, got to love that this i sa social group. He is an embarassment to the Navy Seals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies