Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 02:02 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,800,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Ryan has said specifically that Congress needs to decide the deductions and expenditures to be eliminated. He believes there should be a discussion and the people should have input.
So, he has no specifics? Not even vague ones?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 02:04 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,712,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
Is that the way you want to play it, jt? Have you ever posted a primary source yourself, or anything that wasn't a conservative website? Do you want us to go into Paul Ryan's plan, read it in detail, make our own charts comparing with CBO analysis, and get back to you so that we can get the approval of an anonymous internet poster like yourself?

Game. On. Prepare to reap what you sow.

LOL....so you have NOTHING showing that Paul Ryan ever makes that claim?

I already said that 2.8% unemployment sounds ridiculous.

The proof I was given was a far-left loon named Krugman (who's been proven to lie before) and some place called TALKING POINTS MEMO.

Gee......I wish at least you'd give me CBS, NBC, ABC, NPR, or something CREDIBLE!!!!!

EDIT: Wait a second!!! Ryan never makes that claim at all. Heritage Foundation said that. Why are you saying Ryan makes that claim?

Old 08-15-2012, 02:10 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,821,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Ryan has said specifically that Congress needs to decide the deductions and expenditures to be eliminated. He believes there should be a discussion and the people should have input.
Ah, so Fearless Leader Krugman was right about at least one thing...

Old 08-15-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post

The proof I was given was a far-left loon named Krugman (who's been proven to lie before) and some place called TALKING POINTS MEMO.

Gee......I wish at least you'd give me CBS, NBC, ABC, NPR, or something CREDIBLE!!!!!

EDIT: Wait a second!!! Ryan never makes that claim at all. Heritage Foundation said that. Why are you saying Ryan makes that claim?
When did Krugman lie? Please make sure to provide credible links. Why wouldn't Talking Points Memo be credible? Where is your link to Heritage Foundation? Please provide credible links. Let's begin holding you accountable.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:19 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,864,681 times
Quote:

LOL. You make some absolutely ridiculous statements on these boards, but this is rich even for you. Analysts are reading the plan Ryan wrote, and Ryan MAKES THE CLAIM IN THE DOCUMENT HE WROTE. Good grief, even someone of your limited intelligence should be able to connect those dots.

Here's another one, by The Economist--not exactly a raging leftwing site. And this analyst calls Ryan's projection of 2.8% unemployment "simply outlandish."

Facts and figures: Best budget ever | The Economist

If all of these analysts and columnists have been misstating the projections in his budget, why hasn't Ryan refuted the numbers?

Old 08-15-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Ryan MAKES THE CLAIM IN THE DOCUMENT HE WROTE.

Is it that tough then to back-up that claim with a LINK to him actually saying or writing that?

Old 08-15-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
When did Krugman lie? Please make sure to provide credible links. Why wouldn't Talking Points Memo be credible? Where is your link to Heritage Foundation? Please provide credible links. Let's begin holding you accountable.
When I asked for links to Ryan making that claim about 2.8% unemployment, Liberals here gave me links to a Krugman article in the NYT and another one to TPM (Talking Points Memo).

When I followed those links, THEY linked ONLY to the Heritage Foundation.

Their entire articles were based on what the Heritage Foundation says.

I couldn't find ANYTHING in those links where Ryan actually projected that or claimed it in writing or in his own words.

Talking Points Memo???? Even it's NAME sounds like SPIN.

Paul Krugman's lies? I could fill this thread with them! But I'll give you one as a bone:

Big Lies and Little Ones

Paul Krugman's only example turns out to have been fraudulent.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
When I asked for links to Ryan making that claim about 2.8% unemployment, Liberals here gave me links to a Krugman article in the NYT and another one to TPM (Talking Points Memo).

When I followed those links, THEY linked ONLY to the Heritage Foundation.

Their entire articles were based on what the Heritage Foundation says.

I couldn't find ANYTHING in those links where Ryan actually projected that or claimed it in writing or in his own words.

Talking Points Memo???? Even it's NAME sounds like SPIN.

Paul Krugman's lies? I could fill this thread with them! But I'll give you one as a bone:

Big Lies and Little Ones

Paul Krugman's only example turns out to have been fraudulent.
LOL your one example of a lie is not even a lie! Your only reason to doubt talking points memo is because of its name?!? Lame, jt, lame. Try again. And try reading a Krugman article, maybe you'd learn something.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
LOL your one example of a lie is not even a lie! Your only reason to doubt talking points memo is because of its name?!? Lame, jt, lame. Try again. And try reading a Krugman article, maybe you'd learn something.

Maybe YOU Liberals should learn to NOT lie and say Paul Ryan made a claim about 2.8 % unemployment and then not be able to back it up with a quote at all???

I still can't figure out why it's SO DIFFICULT for you Liberals to show someone a simple quote when you claim someone's said something??

Instead all you give me is links to well-know partisan hacks who's articles only discuss the Heritage Foundation's report.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:52 PM

17,396 posts, read 11,963,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
Obama's healthcare reform delivered huge benefits to insurance companies. In fact, I don't even consider it to be healthcare reform, but health insurance reform. And they are benefiting greatly from that reform.
And took $700 billion from medicare in the process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies