Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 03:39 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post

I went to the site and saw some of the photos which didn't look all that extreme to me.
The gold-plated AK-47 was a bit much.

I am wondering why a photo of people having a drink outside in front of their house shows a lack of class? Pretty standard for a lot of people. It looked like L.A. and that's just the way it is. People live outside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 03:42 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I may be wrong, but the stuff in that second photo looks fake. Coming from a well-off family with CLASS and TASTE myself, I can usually spot a fake a mile away! Regardless, my mother always used to say "you can't buy class" - and no, we aren't spoiled brats like these kids. My father worked his butt off for everything he has, and taught us the value of a dollar ... each of us "kids" (adults now) work hard, pay our own way, and won't see a dime of inheritance/trust until he is passed. So please do not let these snots reflect poorly on the rest of us, because it really is the exception rather than the rule.

I do have one former classmate whose father is a billionaire ($1.9B according to Forbes), but they're the nicest and most down-to-earth people you'll ever meet. They actually look more like they live in a trailer than a mansion, LOL. But every so often she'll post something on FB that makes me roll my eyes, although I'm sure that was not her intention. Once she posted a bag with four shoeboxes in it, with the caption "what I did on my lunch break." The tags each read around $300, so while it's merely pocket change to her, for me it represented an entire month's rent.
Maybe its fake. I wouldn't have a clue. I'd be the type of sucker that would think a Rolex sold on a street corner looks real. Never been a watch or bling guy, real or fake it all seems to flashy and unnecessary to me. And I always hated wearing watches or necklaces, always felt uncomfortable

Old 08-15-2012, 03:45 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,524,172 times
Some of those photos are being exaggerated.

There's one showing a receipt on there for about $42,000 for a bunch of liquor. Thing is it's in Jamaican currency--which is about 100 to 1 US dollar--so it's only about $420. There's another one showing a couple girls on a elephant supposedly on safari--you can do that in Southeast Asia for not that much cash.

I'm sure some of the others are of very spoiled and very rich children--but it's only news because in the day of the internet, people's bad behavior is free for the world to view. It's nothing new--the entititled children of the rich have often shown off their unearned materialism. Nothing new at all.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:46 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Some of those photos are being exaggerated.

There's one showing a receipt on there for about $42,000 for a bunch of liquor. Thing is it's in Jamaican currency--which is about 100 to 1 US dollar--so it's only about $420. There's another one showing a couple girls on a elephant supposedly on safari--you can do that in Southeast Asia for not that much cash.
However, the receipt in the OP is apparently from France, which means the amounts are in euros.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:47 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
coke and water $10 each. And to think customers complain about my markup.
It's a bargain for St. Tropez.

Considering a beer at a Rams game is nine bucks. And you have to sit in the cave called Edward Jones Dome to drink it. Ugh. And cappucino for 6 bucks. That's an LA price that people pay every single day.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:47 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Several of those photos have been photoshopped, lol.

I can't imagine why this would be of any concern to anyone . . . ??? There are some mega rich people out there. What business is it of mine how they spend their money?

But again, at least some of these pictures are inventions . . . i.e, photoshopped, or kids taking pictures near someone's yacht and just saying it is theirs, gathering up everyone's expensive watches and pretending they all belong to them, etc etc.

Who cares?

Old 08-15-2012, 03:48 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,524,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
However, the receipt in the OP is apparently from France, which means the amounts are in euros.
Yes, I wasn't referring to that one. I was speaking of another photo on the site. Personally, I have idea how much super-expensive champagne might cost in St. Tropez, so I have no idea if that one posted in the OP is real or not.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:10 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
And I am worried about how to pay for brakes. sigh.
Stand a little to the left, and maybe you'll get trickled down upon. That is our place as 'peons' after all.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:25 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Maybe its fake. I wouldn't have a clue. I'd be the type of sucker that would think a Rolex sold on a street corner looks real. Never been a watch or bling guy, real or fake it all seems to flashy and unnecessary to me. And I always hated wearing watches or necklaces, always felt uncomfortable
I'm pretty well-versed on real vs fake, and my mother always used to wear a nice gold Rolex... although none of us are the "blingy" types, and these days I don't wear a watch at all (since I'm on the computer all day at work). I do wear a necklace, but it's usually just a subtle Star of David. Anyway, the stuff in that photo looks tacky even if they ARE real!

Old 08-15-2012, 04:59 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
A lot of you are missing the point. There's nothing wrong with spending money. There's teenagers in my neighborhood who have iPhones that they didn't pay for themselves. I wouldn't call that lacking class. Teenagers are just teenagers.

What's lacking class is the possibility of these kids wanting to show off the spending of money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies