Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 07:57 PM

31,672 posts, read 40,893,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
Can't all of you figure out that there are many offices, many facilities and many guards. So, 174,000 is not that much if you are talking about 50 states and how many facilities? There can easily be thousands of guards, with training consumption that is not much of a purchase. Also, you do not know the time period for the consumption of these rounds. In addition, the purchase was probably done in case lots with volume discount. You also do not know how many destinations this purchase is shipped or is it shipped to a central location for eventual distribution.

All excitement over nothing.

Livecontent
Dada bing and as others have said avoiding a shortage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 08:00 PM

11,138 posts, read 15,908,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
Why in the world does the Social Security office need 174,000 rounds of man killer .40 cal hollow points or just bullets period??

This linked site is one I seldom share 'cause they are often on the very edge of events but not this time 'cause their story can be verified.

There seems to be a lot of rumbling about how the public will be handled after the "coming economic collapse". Is the unrest found in other parts of the world finally going to hit America? Bad news since there are lots of redneck crazies all across America just itching for a chance to shoot some one.

» Social Security Administration To Purchase 174 Thousand Rounds Of Hollow Point Bullets Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...source=message

What the hell is going on??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
end run. if the federal cops buy it its a giveaway. u do it thru an unrelated agency to lower profile.
they are preparing.
This thread reads like a joke:

Q: How many dimwitted conspiracy nuts does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: I don't know,but WTH does this have to do with retirement?

(Oh, I forgot. There isn't a subject under the sun that doesn't belong in the retirement forum because everything affects seniors and retirees. That is the general line of thinking, right?)

BTW, did anyone find a good site to purchase sheets and towels?

Old 08-15-2012, 09:37 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,312,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
Why in the world does the Social Security office need 174,000 rounds of man killer .40 cal hollow points or just bullets period??
OK, Simple answer just for MadMan. They need them to protect our money from Congress!

Old 08-15-2012, 10:07 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,899,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
This thread reads like a joke:

Q: How many dimwitted conspiracy nuts does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: I don't know,but WTH does this have to do with retirement?

(Oh, I forgot. There isn't a subject under the sun that doesn't belong in the retirement forum because everything affects seniors and retirees. That is the general line of thinking, right?)

We haven't concurred yet, but some of us are thinking of taking a poll.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:10 PM

419 posts, read 755,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post

I do not understand why you bother getting on the retirement forum. You have consistently critizied the threads because the topics are so beneath you. I can understand your frustration because when you post of your lovely home in LV, your gambling habits or the numerous vacations & cruises that you take you do not get much response.

Why don't you start your own treads? One could read: Wife & I retired from the federal government with lucrative pensions & benefits. Thank you taxpayers. Or in your case: Wife & I retired from the federal government with lucrative pensions & benefits. Screw the rest of you. You just might get more response from people with the same arrogant attitude & lifestyle.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:16 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,899,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBaker View Post
I do not understand why you bother getting on the retirement forum. You have consistently critizied the threads because the topics are so beneath you. I can understand your frustration because when you post of your lovely home in LV, your gambling habits or the numerous vacations & cruises that you take you do not get much response.

Why don't you start your own treads? One could read: Wife & I retired from the federal government with lucrative pensions & benefits. Thank you taxpayers. Or in your case: Wife & I retired from the federal government with lucrative pensions & benefits. Screw the rest of you. You just might get more response from people with the same arrogant attitude & lifestyle.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:25 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,953,721 times
<sigh> The locations for delivery are identified in the documents linked in OPs post. These are field offices for The Office of Investigations, Office of the Inspector General, SSA.
http://oig.ssa.gov/about-oig/offices/office-investigations

BTW, there has been a huge increase in threats against SSA employees, especially the Judges. Not particularly shocking, given our current level of violence in this country. However, in this case, SSAs purchase of ammo appears to be related to arming the OI agents, not the "regular" staff. Nothing new here.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:10 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,345,418 times
Again people get so excited and do not understand Federal Procurement under the FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations). It is possible that this whole lot of ammunition is bought but are not delivered in mass. The contract can easily say that the contractor will store and secure the purchase amount and ship to the authorized destination when individual orders of needs are received. In addition, the whole lot may not even exist but is a promise to delivery, at a set price, with future production runs.

The procurement contract can also say that the payment will be incremental upon the individual shipments but the whole order is negotiated at a set purchase price, so as to guarantee a future delivery cost, over the term of the contract. So, the public sees a mass purchasing and assumes it all will be shipped at once and gets all annoyed.

You really have to contact the Contracting Officer and examine the procurement documents to make a determination.Some people tend to make big assumptions that all people in the government are stupid; that is not my experience. There are individual departments and administrators who are very smart and have the expertise, training, experience and have been doing Federal Government Contracting for years.

Livecontent

Old 08-16-2012, 04:34 AM

105,697 posts, read 107,682,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBaker View Post

i cant fault madman for planning well , taking a gov't job for the benefits instead of private industry for more immeadiate pay. i wish i went his route.
i chose higher pay in private industry and now am paying the price with no pension and no medical in retirement.

hats off to him in that respect, we all should have planned so well. in my opinion his life in retirement is a model of what a retirement could and should be like . thats the reward for working, saving,investing and planning well.

when you work for private industry the company gives you what you get and it comes from their customers.

when you work for the tax payers in govt they give you what you get.

in either case your entitled to your compensation package from whomever you worked for same as you or i.

now he may be sarcastic ,rude and obnoxious at times but those are his good qualities ha ha ha...

Last edited by mathjak107; 08-16-2012 at 04:53 AM..

Old 08-16-2012, 04:37 AM

105,697 posts, read 107,682,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
Again people get so excited and do not understand Federal Procurement under the FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations). It is possible that this whole lot of ammunition is bought but are not delivered in mass. The contract can easily say that the contractor will store and secure the purchase amount and ship to the authorized destination when individual orders of needs are received. In addition, the whole lot may not even exist but is a promise to delivery, at a set price, with future production runs.

The procurement contract can also say that the payment will be incremental upon the individual shipments but the whole order is negotiated at a set purchase price, so as to guarantee a future delivery cost, over the term of the contract. So, the public sees a mass purchasing and assumes it all will be shipped at once and gets all annoyed.

You really have to contact the Contracting Officer and examine the procurement documents to make a determination.Some people tend to make big assumptions that all people in the government are stupid; that is not my experience. There are individual departments and administrators who are very smart and have the expertise, training, experience and have been doing Federal Government Contracting for years.

Livecontent
we dont know the length of these contracts. i believe the DHS ammo contract was a 5 year period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies