Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 03:47 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times

Advertisements

Are the guards actual direct Social Security Administration employees anyway? That seems odd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 03:56 AM

106,579 posts, read 108,713,667 times
they do alot of contracting out to private security firms but there are no details . they do maintain their own criminal investigation unit.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:30 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBaker View Post
I do not understand why you bother getting on the retirement forum. You have consistently critizied the threads because the topics are so beneath you.
I don't criticize threads because the topics are so beneath me. In fact, I don't even have the slightest idea what that means. I criticize threads that don't have anything to to with the topic of retirement. Other than, of course, people putting retiree or senior in the title of the thread.

But you are right in one respect. If it bothers me that this retirement forum has basically turned into a coffee klatch for the regulars to discuss anything under the sun, then I should just quit posting here.

I won't dignify the rest of your insulting comments about me with a response.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:38 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
i cant fault madman for planning well , taking a gov't job for the benefits instead of private industry for more immeadiate pay. i wish i went his route.
i chose higher pay in private industry and now am paying the price with no pension and no medical in retirement.

hats off to him in that respect, we all should have planned so well. in my opinion his life in retirement is a model of what a retirement could and should be like . thats the reward for working, saving,investing and planning well.

when you work for private industry the company gives you what you get and it comes from their customers.

when you work for the tax payers in govt they give you what you get.

in either case your entitled to your compensation package from whomever you worked for same as you or i.

now he may be sarcastic ,rude and obnoxious at times but those are his good qualities ha ha ha...
Dada bing, he studied hard made wise career and investment decisions and is reaping the benefits of being smart.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:42 AM

There is another possibility. There are these countries called Iran and Israel. They are having a dispute about something called nuclear. One is threatening to attack the other and wants us to help them. The other is threatening massive retaliation world wide. The guys we are against really hate us and have had years to put sleeper cells in place waiting for the signal. They have documented, photographed and measured key government installations and tourist sites. Hmmm might we just want to be prepared? Could you imagine the havoc they could do to seniors with a coordinated cyber and physical attack against SS and other key infrastructures? As the scout moto says Be Prepared! If nothing else the statement Be Prepared could be the motto of the retirement forum for some folks.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:54 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,963,273 times
There have been attacks at post offices and other public facilities. Preparing for defense is not at all surprising.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
There have been attacks at post offices and other public facilities. Preparing for defense is not at all surprising.
Dada bing and we live in a nation of armed seniors.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:25 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,490,492 times
I haven't seen a credible source report this. I'm not saying it isn't true, but given the tin-foil hat crowd circulating the story ... I'll withold further comment. This discussion is probably mis-placed, and I think it belongs on the politics and controversy forum.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:30 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,070,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
This discussion is probably mis-placed, and I think it belongs on the politics and controversy forum.
I second this. After all, the employees at the SSA aren't retirees. The people who purchased the items aren't retirees. There is no indication these items are being given to retirees, nor that they will be used on retirees. The story doesn't have anything to do with retirees.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:36 AM

106,579 posts, read 108,713,667 times
https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...tabmode=list&=
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies