Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 03:44 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,677,986 times

Advertisements

Why in the world does the Social Security office need 174,000 rounds of man killer .40 cal hollow points or just bullets period??

This linked site is one I seldom share 'cause they are often on the very edge of events but not this time 'cause their story can be verified.

There seems to be a lot of rumbling about how the public will be handled after the "coming economic collapse". Is the unrest found in other parts of the world finally going to hit America? Bad news since there are lots of redneck crazies all across America just itching for a chance to shoot some one.

» Social Security Administration To Purchase 174 Thousand Rounds Of Hollow Point Bullets Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...source=message

What the hell is going on??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 04:06 PM

106,651 posts, read 108,790,719 times
evil man killer bullets ha ha ha , you got to love the media.

actually if you know anything about ballastics they are used because they are less likely to over penetrate in confined surrounds and hit something or someone else.

they dont stop by ripping internal organs and horrific wounds. thats not to say they cant but their primary function is they stop by staying inside the body and transmitting their energy into the body fliuds disrupting the nervous system stopping an attacker. it doesnt reguire as many holes or to actually kill an attacker to stop them like regular round nosed ammo.

but heck ,never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:08 PM

25,581 posts, read 56,471,152 times
Ya', but, why is SS ordering ammo at all? 'Course, the three offices I've visited here have guards w/weapons, so maybe it's just an ordinary supply thing?

Old 08-15-2012, 04:11 PM

they are responsible for their own protection of the employees and facilities. its an ordinary supply thing and for practice and re-qualifications.

certain security details require special ammo to meet the confines and demand of where and what they do.

as an example sky marshalls use mag-safe or glasser fragmenting ammo. the ammo can pass through a wood barrier but not make it through a coke can. any fluid from the body explodes the ammo internally creating huge wound channels while not hitting the person across the aisle.

the wound channels can be quite large and damage can be extensive but in the confines of an aircraft you need something like that so others are not hit as a bullet flies through a terrorist.

the FBI uses .40 caliber hollow points as standard ammo too.

at this stage most law enforcement have switched as well despite the fact they were holding back because of stupid media reports like this one. finally they realized their own safety and effectiveness is more important than some rediculios article like this with no clue as to what they are even saying.

ballistics are all about stopping an attacker not killing them.

did you know even if you hit a bad guy dead center in the heart he still has enough time and mobility to cover 20ft and stab or hack you to death.

i dont want to get into it but i know folks find this stuff interesting .good training now dictates that you imagine a 20 ft circle around you and thats your safety zone.
even that shot in the heart still leaves you at risk of being hacked to death.

if a bad guy has a hand weapon you are trained to aim for the pelvis area hopefully shattering the pelvis making it impossible mechanically to continue an attack.

it takes good hollow points , the right barrel length and an effective caliber to pull this off.

But like i said never let the facts ruin a good story.

and you thought i was just a muscle bound financial geek lol....... one day ill tell you about my other life lol

Last edited by mathjak107; 08-15-2012 at 05:02 PM..

Old 08-15-2012, 04:56 PM

2,245 posts, read 3,008,959 times
As many angry anti-SS zealots as there are floating around, maybe the SSA is preparing themselves.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:58 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
end run. if the federal cops buy it its a giveaway. u do it thru an unrelated agency to lower profile.
they are preparing.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:58 PM

Nothing new here.they have been buying the same ammo for years.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:00 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Nothing new here.they have been buying the same ammo for years.
please enlighten us. what doe a SSA claims rep do with 177k of ammo.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:07 PM

You would be surprised how fast at a range an officer can go through a few hundred rounds just running through basic tactics.

Im not sure how many officers they have and what the training schedule looks like but i wouldnt be surprised if it didnt last long at all.

It takes loads and loads of training to get your fine motor skills to work under a high stress situation.

Breaking the bodies reaction and developing tunnel vision is equally as hard and long to train

away.

It can take almost 1,000 repetions of something before you can react and not have to think about your moves.

Trying to explain the whys and hows of -this stuff to folks who have never tried to fire a weapon under stress can be alot like trying to describe the color orange to a blind person.

In my opinion anyone who does this for a living needs as much training time as they can get.

Last edited by mathjak107; 08-15-2012 at 05:20 PM..

Old 08-15-2012, 05:38 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
I don't recall firing thousands of bullets in practice when I was in the military and we went for annual training.
The judgmental part was actually harder then the firing part because the judgmental is where you had to decide if that old lady with her hand in the bag had a gun or a loaf of bread and whether or not to shoot her.

FWIW..I do remember that I didn't kill anyone with the laser bullet in judgmental that I wasn't supposed to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies