Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 11:03 PM

33,501 posts, read 37,006,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Only two percent of Canadians may not believe climate change is real but amongst their numbers are Prime Minister Steven Harper and the executives of of companies like Syncrude Canada and PetroCanada!
They are the ones making Dominion policy not the rest of Canada. Harper recently zeroed out most of the funding Enviroment Canada got for Climate research in the Arctic and closed Canada's northernmost base where this work is done. Actions speak louder than words don't they, eh
You can have Harper....Take him please, I beg you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 11:41 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,827,387 times
I officially declare "climate change" topics to be in the same league as the gay marriage topics. Useless topics that will not change anyone's minds and accomplish nothing but sling mud in each other's faces. Oh wait, this is the P&OC forum

Old 08-16-2012, 12:34 AM

6,105 posts, read 5,967,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

We in the Lower 48 already have a Willard and a Paul both Ryan and a Ron so I don't need a Harper in our collection of delusional Leaders. Heck its the blind leading the blind down here.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:41 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,186,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
LOL I voted for the Conservative party the last 3 elections and I live in Port Moody so I already see the super tanker coming and going and am ok with it and where would I take him well I guess them PNE is on soon and I guess I could try and beat him at Mini Golf and he could cover the $25 doller fee for all day parking and pay for the $9 beer and those awsome Ribs they have and those awsome mini-doughnuts since it is on Harpers tab I get some of my taxdollers back that way.

I mean he seems kind of boring unless it comes to economic issues and poilitics but he does like some decent music like the The who and Rolling Stones means he would be OK to hang with but never hung out with the Prime Minister of our Country before but Defense Minister Peter Mckay is pretty cool since he just flys in on a Coast Gaurd helicopter to a decent fishing spot and goes fishing.

so that would be way better unless John Baird tags along and starts talking since he sounds like he is always yelling about something or someone.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:56 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,362,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Why do you want to do this over some silly news article? Canada is a fine country. They do a few things differently than we do but if everyone did exactly the same as everyone it would be a pretty boring world.
A "fine country?" ROFLMAO!

Canadistan is full of US deserters and liberal freaks that sponsor international terrorism. You might as well claim Iran is a "fine country."

Old 08-16-2012, 01:23 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,186,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
We in the Lower 48 already have a Willard and a Paul both Ryan and a Ron so I don't need a Harper in our collection of delusional Leaders. Heck its the blind leading the blind down here.
just Because Haper is part of the Canadian Conservative party he is alot diffrent in terms of stance and views then both the Democrats and Republicans in the U.S. where you guys have been dead locked in congress due to the up coming election and even if people do not like Harper he has been busy getting freetrade deals done and been veru strn ion his tance of no bailout with the EU debt crisis and meeting with the top leaders in the EU to see whast is up over there in case the bottom falls out we do not get caught offgurd if italy or spain default on theior debt which would drag the ret of the eordl economies down even deeper and we are all screwed if that happens and go into a major world depression.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:15 AM

13,620 posts, read 12,690,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post

Heavy Haulers in the oil sands - YouTube

National Geographic: Megastructures - Alberta Oil Sands - YouTube
I mean we are the #1 supplier of Oil to the U.S. and got to LOL that the Second video is subtitled in Chinese because 3X more then the amount of Oil Saudi Arabia has abnd China is thirsty and has lots of money but it puts us in a odd position But jobs and a decent economy are the benfits and when we do shovel ready jobs we really mean that you can use a shovel even use the Worlds Largest shovel to do the Scooping.

don't be so proud of the co2 spewing manmade globla warmer

it always seems to be the indigenous people and the environment that get f---ed in the end

To the Last Drop: Canada's Dirty Oil Sands - Part 1 - YouTube

Old 08-16-2012, 07:30 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,581,341 times
Ironically there is growing evidence that, given our astronomical positioning, the Earth would most likely be heading into a period of intensive global cooling leading to the return of continental glaciations as part of the continuing Ice Age. Fortunately we have been conducting an atmospheric experiment in climate control involving injecting billions of tons of previously sequestered carbon into the atmosphere. One of the observed results is the entire climate is getting warmer. Even the Arctic sea ice is becoming less extensive.

Anecdotally I just purchased some delicious Georgia Peaches that were grown in a local New Hampshire orchard. I suppose the GW Deniers will still be objecting when I start purchasing New Hampshire oranges from the same place.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:17 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,533,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
A "fine country?" ROFLMAO!

Canadistan is full of US deserters and liberal freaks that sponsor international terrorism. You might as well claim Iran is a "fine country."
Well , we will be OK as long as people like you keep their insanity south of our border.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:19 AM

3,201 posts, read 3,845,719 times
Canadians try too hard to be nice.

Nobody, deep down, believes in Global Warming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies