Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 06:22 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,066,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Luminous Truth... why don't you speak the truth instead of illogical fallacies like the ad hominem attacks you've thrown at me, as if I'm not around to see it.

Acts like personal attacks reflect that the attacker has nothing more substantial to contribute, so they resort to trying to make the person, who's "illuminating" truth, look bad.

Now, let's get back to the topic: Respecting life & not discriminating & KILLING based on age.

Tell me, what logical argument have you got to justify such discrimination & murder??

How can you logically encourage women who kill their own children with the excuse that they find their pregnancies "inconvenient" - which accounts for 93% of abortion killings??
The truth? That was the truth of how I view you. It's not that I'm saying your argument is wrong because of your emotional personality or halve-baked brown-nosing into women's uteri. Your argument is wrong because you say we can't discriminate the abortion of a fetus except at 8 weeks.

discrimination & murder? There is no such thing here. What would be murder would be forcing women to die for the sake of your emotional security.

I choose to trust women to know what is best for them and their cells and livelihood.

If you are willing to adopt and provide well for those supposed 93% of abortion children and remove dangers to the mother at child birth and compensate mothers who have to carry to term and somehow make sure these women don't resort to dangerous abortion methods anyway because of mental problems... etc, maybe then I will consider your tyrannical untrusting position.

All animals grow yet we mercilessly consume them and destroy plants. There is plenty wrong with your arguments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 07:52 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafChick View Post
You must be friends with janelle who said that women should grin and bear it like their ancestors.

Funny thing about my ancestors, they were brought over to work in plantations; raped repeatedly and force to have their rapist babies. They didn't have choice cause you know slaves and all.

Well, that's all over.

Now they do have a choice and need to take responsibility for their actions.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:05 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Well, that's all over.

Now they do have a choice and need to take responsibility for their actions.
And they do. Without you ever being aware or knowing they were pregnant or asking you to help foot the cost of raising them. You are thrilled but can't admit it.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:16 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
Cite? Wait...my bad, you won't be able to. No such statistical data exist.

What most do have in common is already being a mother, and as we all know, mothers are found in both political parties:

“I Would Want to Give My Child, Like, Everything in the Worldâ€Â

Shorter: Many choose abortion out of love for their existing child(ren).
You could also say that as an excuse for killing year old babies.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:40 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,460,466 times
Question for conservatives: You are bothered with unborn children and prolonging the life (and suffering) of dying people. But why are you losing interest in these babies when they are older? Why so little compassion for regular folks during their lifetime, while they are still active? Why no interest in their quality of life?

Old 08-16-2012, 10:50 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
And today's anti-choice thread is brought to you by...

Old 08-17-2012, 09:14 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Question for conservatives: You are bothered with unborn children and prolonging the life (and suffering) of dying people. But why are you losing interest in these babies when they are older? Why so little compassion for regular folks during their lifetime, while they are still active? Why no interest in their quality of life?
The question is based on the false premise that the modern welfare state actually reduces poverty.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The question is based on the false premise that the modern welfare state actually reduces poverty.
Not at all. I was speaking from a wide perspective, with money being only one aspect. Money (and welfare) is a result of how we feel about the unfortunate people in society.
I remember the terrible argument which split American society over Terri Schiavo, who was kept 15 years in a vegetative state. The prolonged suffering, the legal battles and the pails of money that were spent, were without precedent. Interestingly, the same people who wanted to keep that woman fed by machine for 20 or more years are not ready to move a finger for people who could really benefit from their help (financial or other).

Old 08-17-2012, 10:32 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Interestingly, the same people who wanted to keep that woman fed by machine for 20 or more years are not ready to move a finger for people who could really benefit from their help (financial or other).
Where do you see where these people never engage in private charity or discourage private charity by others? Many believe that welfareprograms produce conditions that undermines society and society's most vulnerable demographic group---children.

http://www.catholiccharitiesusa.org/

I would say this group cares about those in poverty.

Old 08-18-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Where do you see where these people never engage in private charity or discourage private charity by others? Many believe that welfareprograms produce conditions that undermines society and society's most vulnerable demographic group---children.

Working to Reduce Poverty in America - Catholic Charities USA

I would say this group cares about those in poverty.
There are many caring, kind and generous people in America, from all religions and backgrounds. However, it is still a minority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies