Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2012, 01:43 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,959,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pancake View Post
Sorry but you are part of the same cult that protects child rapists.

What does your "real" god have to say about that?

Make no mistake, religion is nothing but a vehicle for control and money.

Of course it is! And I am very disgusted with the Catholic Church and their covering up of the pedophile priests! As I've always stated, power can and does corrupt. Those priests used a position of power and abused it! Personally, I hope they rot in Hell! You don't screw with kids! Furthermore, I never said that I am a practicing Catholic as of late! There are a lot of things I don't agree with regarding the Catholic Church. For instance, not allowing women to be priests. Not allowing priests to marry, as well as not allowing people of other Christian faiths to not be able to receive communion! You know the "we welcome all of God's children to our Church, however...." But that doesn't change the fact that I don't believe in God. And if you've seen any of my posts you will also find that I will defend others against the fundamental nut jobs as well! Because, they aren't practicing what they supposedly preach!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 01:44 PM

775 posts, read 738,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
\If you're bold enough to do the crime, you're bold enough to do the time.
And precisely what do you do?

Old 08-16-2012, 01:44 PM

8,996 posts, read 10,439,802 times
Quote:
I know this question wasn't directed towards me, but they can. But there will be some who take advantage of an ideology that says you are ultimately not responsible for your actions, unless you get caught.
Just as there are those who use religion as a sort of existential "get out of jail free" card, where the "jail" is eternal torment. Look at all the murderers who find Jesus at the very last minute, before being executed. As if that somehow makes up for their crimes.

I'm reminded of an ex who dumped me in a rather cruel and heartless way, and who called me much later to "make amends" as per the requirements of his twelve-step program. His call had nothing to do with making me feel better; it was all for his own benefit.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:47 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,298,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
And precisely what do you do?

I live the extravegant American lifestyle. My standard of living is probably better than 99% of the world.

My lifestyle was built on the blood, sweat, murder, and tears of others.

If you live this lifestyle, you contritube to it, so you're in the same boat. Because of my wants, someone else has to suffer.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:48 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,959,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pancake View Post
Well I am far from a lefty.

Now, that being said, your cult protects child rapists. That is not opinion, that is fact.

Religious people also share numerous traits with schizophrenics. Again, not opinion, but fact.

What does your "real" god think about his followers protecting child rapists and extorting money from fools?

I've already answered you! I find it disgusting! I also find extorting money is forced tyranny! I especially laugh at those evangelists who want you to donate a ton of money so that you can receive salvation! What a crock! Call me crazy, but I thought salvation was free!

Old 08-16-2012, 01:49 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,258,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
I suspect that the topic is about athiests and not Buddhists, so therefore what Buddhists may or may not think is irrelevant to the subject.
Uh, the discussion at that point was that atheism was a logical progression of scientic thinking - that everyone would end up atheist. My point is . . . NO . . . everyone wouldn't naturally progress to atheism.

Are they giving out prizes here for "rudest post?"

Old 08-16-2012, 01:51 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,298,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Just as there are those who use religion as a sort of existential "get out of jail free" card, where the "jail" is eternal torment. Look at all the murderers who find Jesus at the very last minute, before being executed. As if that somehow makes up for their crimes.

I'm reminded of an ex who dumped me in a rather cruel and heartless way, and who called me much later to "make amends" as per the requirements of his twelve-step program. His call had nothing to do with making me feel better; it was all for his own benefit.
If you want to know the truth and see what Christ says about such matters, you have to read the Gospel for yourself.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:52 PM

170 posts, read 202,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
And you cannot stop it. It must suck.
So you agree that morality is going out the window with atheism on the rise.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:56 PM

390 posts, read 265,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
I would say religious people are more OCD.
The delusions associated with schizophrenics are commonplace in a high number of religious people.

I'm sure most religious people suffer from a combination of a number of different mental defects, I simply picked schizophrenia because that is the most similar to your average bible thumper.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:56 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,808,044 times
Quote:
Let me ask you this.

Do you feel like there should be consequences or do think people deserve entitlement?

The way I look at life is, my life is the way it is because of other people suffering. That's the American way. I know that there are people out there who work harder, are more selfless, overall better people with better morals, and they don't complain.

If there is a line to get into the gates of Heaven, I have no reason to get upset if they are ahead of me, even if it means I have to spend one full day in hell.

I get what I deserve and that's the way it should be. If you're bold enough to do the crime, you're bold enough to do the time.

I'm entitled to nothing.

That's me though.
There are consequences. That's a fact of life. There are consequences to every action. There don't have to be consequences after our lives are over.

I don't understand your way of looking at life. My life isn't the way it is because of other people's suffering. My life is the way it is because of the choices I've made. I don't live my life based on what I think will happen after I die. I live my life today. I celebrate the choices I've made. If I'd made different choices, my life would be different. There are always people out there who make choices I admire (like working harder, being more generous, and so on). I aspire to be more like the people I admire. Not because I believe that someday I'll be rewarded when I die, but because the reward is here and now. Being the best person I can be is my reward. Being honest, with others and myself, being generous, with others and myself, being tolerant, with others and myself, lets me have a happy life with friends and family who love and respect me. For who I am. Not for what God I worship or don't worship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies