Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 04:12 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,079,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pancake View Post
The degenerates (yes, thats what union employees are) want more and more without paying attention to the facts. Take the public union employees for example...generally worthless, don't think they should have to contribute to their own healthcare and retirement, and threatening to go on strike if they don't get what they want.

That's the same as a bratty child.

Excellent employees do not need unions to protect their jobs. Thats why unions are filled with losers.
Do you think these 38 guys would have benefited from a union?

Upper Big Branch Mine disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 04:18 PM

33,465 posts, read 17,981,920 times
Obama has divided the country and has never even tried to create a decent atmosphere .. always putting blame on the people or anything he can think of..

Obama thinks he can do no wrong.. ever meet someone like that??.. can't admit he could be to blame for anything. That is Obama. He thinks he is perfect and everyone else is wrong.

Obama to get his way , will arm twist to get it done. His imprint is all over it. More like a fist. Obama sends out his attack dogs and never thinks they are wrong. Obama danced around his own words when he said "You didn't build that! "

I know your ideology Obama.. many know who you really are. You try to dance around but the direction you want to take this country to is spread the wealth around the world while the American people will suffer.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:24 PM

390 posts, read 264,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Do you think these 38 guys would have benefited from a union?

Upper Big Branch Mine disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Why speculate?

We can sit around and toss out what if's all day, bottom line was chances are the knew it was unsafe, went in anyways, mine owner and public employee inspectors at the MHSA all failed.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:27 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,079,965 times
Quote:
Why speculate?

We can sit around and toss out what if's all day, bottom line was chances are the knew it was unsafe, went in anyways, mine owner and public employee inspectors at the MHSA all failed.
There's no speculation involved. A union has the power to force work place safety standards. Individual workers don't. So again, would those 38 workers have benefited from having a union?

Old 08-16-2012, 04:29 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,457,302 times
Default Life has failed you

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.pancake View Post
the degenerates (yes, thats what union employees are) want more and more without paying attention to the facts. Take the public union employees for example...generally worthless, don't think they should have to contribute to their own healthcare and retirement, and threatening to go on strike if they don't get what they want.

That's the same as a bratty child.

Excellent employees do not need unions to protect their jobs. Thats why unions are filled with losers.
............................................______ __
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?........................... ...........................,
.................../.................................................. .........,}
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
.............../.................................................. .,:"........./
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....} ............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|............ ..`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,.............. .............`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_......... .._,-%.......`

Old 08-16-2012, 04:33 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,137,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Lol... do I really need to lay out the attacks on Unions & the poor?

Okay... unions -- Greedy? Self-serving? Greedy? Corrupt? Do any of those ring a bell?

How about the poor? Lazy? Thieving? They don't pair their fair share?
Eddie you sound like you may know what that fair share crap from Obama is. I can't seem to get any leaners to tell me what that means. I think that Republicans would have been saying that the poor pay no taxes, not just a fair share.

I think that you have proved that you know Democrat talking points pretty well, though.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:37 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,626,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Surely Obama's policies have been divisive, but the key word here is 'tried'. He made no special effort to create a division. The only people who think that are borderline psychotic conspiracy theorists.

So if you believe it is Obama's super-secret mission to destroy America, then fine. The rest of us can have a rational opinion on how much he has failed without considering such spurious notions.
Not much "super secret" about it. There are too many who see what he's about, and many more are waking up to it.

If he made as much effort to unite the nation as he has made to divide, we could say he didn't intentionally try to create division. Sadly, that's not the case.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
I took the blinders off and stopped listening to lunatics ranting and raving and going red in the face. Try it sometime.
Aa well as you seem to know Democrat talking points I don't think you have taken off any blinders.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
You have failed to provide specific examples of where unions or the poor were "attacked" by the previous administration.

Why are you avoiding doing so?
Sometimes when one of them throws out Democrat talking points he has spent all his knowledge about the subject. I think that is where we are here.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
I disagree. The most used word in Obama speak is "I"
If you use all the forms of I, I agree. However he does say middle class several times every speech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies