Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 09:29 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I am guessing you are one of those Jersey people that have never been to NYC as well.
Nope, I used to go to the city a lot when I lived in Hudson County, but not so much anymore. I need to go again soon to stock up on my liquor because it's actually cheaper there.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:32 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Nope, I used to go to the city a lot, but not so much anymore. I need to go again soon to stock up on my liquor because it's actually cheaper there.
Huh, didn't get that one right. I have met a few people here in Bayonne that have never been to NYC, usually if someone in this area says they don't like Chicago it is probably because they dislike NYC as well.

Odd that liquor is cheaper there, I never noticed that, but haven't bought any yet by the bottle in either state.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Huh, didn't get that one right. I have met a few people here in Bayonne that have never been to NYC, usually if someone in this area says they don't like Chicago it is probably because they dislike NYC as well.

Odd that liquor is cheaper there, I never noticed that, but haven't bought any yet by the bottle in either state.
It's even cheaper in Hawaii, so I buy my liquor in PA or in the City now. I don't like Chicago because I've never heard a reputable person ever say one good thing about it. Everyone I know who has ever lived there told me it was corrupt, cold, boring and a NYC wannabe (but will never be because it sucks).

Old 08-16-2012, 09:54 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
What exactly are Chicago rules??

If your truly concerned about Chicagoans, then actually help with our problems.

Chicagoan

Old 08-16-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It's even cheaper in Hawaii, so I buy my liquor in PA or in the City now. I don't like Chicago because I've never heard a reputable person ever say one good thing about it. Everyone I know who has ever lived there told me it was corrupt, cold, boring and a NYC wannabe (but will never be because it sucks).
It's cleaner, more affordable while still having the qualities of NYC such as rail and walkability, very friendly, and not over run with tourists, also not as crowded so you don't feel like you are packed in.

If you have never been there, you should visit, it is never good to listen to those that move away from a city because they typically have only negative things to say about it because they were ready to move.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:04 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Oh sorry, I try not to read your links, I prefer to keep my brain cells.
Another leaner admits that he keeps that old lib shield up so he can keep from knowing anything that is other than what he wants to know. No wonder you appear to be so far out of it sometimes. You may even get a kick out of this one if you read some of it. At least look at the pictures. You can do that, can't you?

Old 08-16-2012, 10:05 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
What exactly are Chicago rules??

If your truly concerned about Chicagoans, then actually help with our problems.

Chicagoan
Maybe you could learn something about Chicaog Rules if you read the link to this thread. Here it is in case you missed it.

Cartoon County MN- The lunacy of it all. » Blog Archive » The “CHICAGO RULES” ??? Do things work any differently in Cartoon County?

Old 08-16-2012, 10:08 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Maybe you could learn something about Chicaog Rules if you read the link to this thread. Here it is in case you missed it.

Cartoon County MN- The lunacy of it all. » Blog Archive » The “CHICAGO RULES” ??? Do things work any differently in Cartoon County?
I know about them 1st hand. Almost got set up by them so a state trooper could get a vacation,

I'm no fan of Chicago politics. I'm no fan of American politics. What I'm tired of is Americans pointing the finger at the opposing party. We need an overhaul.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Another leaner admits that he keeps that old lib shield up so he can keep from knowing anything that is other than what he wants to know. No wonder you appear to be so far out of it sometimes. You may even get a kick out of this one if you read some of it. At least look at the pictures. You can do that, can't you?
No, I use to click on your links then I learned they were a waste of time and nothing more than Republican propaganda. My guess is you just read things you agree with like most people do.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:
It's cleaner, more affordable while still having the qualities of NYC such as rail and walkability, very friendly, and not over run with tourists, also not as crowded so you don't feel like you are packed in.

If you have never been there, you should visit, it is never good to listen to those that move away from a city because they typically have only negative things to say about it because they were ready to move.
I have feeling that I'll have to go eventually for work, but that city would be on my last list of places to visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies