Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 08:31 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,584,379 times

Advertisements

An international pro-family organization, Watchmen on the Walls (WOW), has announced its participation in the boycott of Ford Motor Company.

The announcement comes 18 months into the boycott that began in the United States, and WOW says it will now help spread it to Russian-speaking countries near its headquarters in Latvia. The Watchmen help to "coordinate pro-family opposition to the international homosexual movement," according to spokesman Dr. Scott Lively, who says the organization will promote the boycott using its network of activists in more than ten countries.

Russian-based group will help promote Ford boycott (OneNewsNow.com) (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 09:41 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,468,477 times
This is great news! The Russians protest Gay pride Parades in Sacramento too.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:45 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,213,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
This is great news! The Russians protest Gay pride Parades in Sacramento too.
I don't think I would agree that it is great news but it is true, the Russian immigrants and gay community have had some clashes in Sacramento:

News - Czar of media mini-empire - sacbee.com (http://www.sacbee.com/101/story/381857.html - broken link)

Old 10-02-2007, 12:36 PM

Ford's U.S. Sales Plummet 21 Percent

Ford's U.S. sales plummeted 21 percent in September as the automaker saw a steep drop-off in car sales, while Toyota reported a 4 percent decline, according to results released Tuesday.
Ford Motor Co.'s car sales dropped 39 percent compared with last September, while its truck sales dipped 5 percent. Sales of Ford's F- 150 pickup, long the best-selling vehicle in the United States, fell 21 percent as newer pickups from General Motors Corp. and Toyota Motor Corp. stole its thunder.

You would think they would get the message and stop marketing to how some people like their sex. It gives you the impression they are marketing sex instead of cars.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:12 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,628,472 times
What it all boils down to to me is that Ford had better put out a new car that appeals to me or I'm buying from some other company, such as Toyota the next time I'm in the new car market.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
What it all boils down to to me is that Ford had better put out a new car that appeals to me or I'm buying from some other company, such as Toyota the next time I'm in the new car market.
And it does not help when you are alienating millions of buyers because as a company they have decided to promote alternative sexual lifestyles

Old 10-02-2007, 01:26 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,367,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
You would think they would get the message and stop marketing to how some people like their sex. It gives you the impression they are marketing sex instead of cars.
You must really hate gay people as you seem to always try to attach gay people to a negative idea or impression. Obviously your numbers only assume that it “must be” because of their preference of equality. However they don’t build the type of cars that appeal to the mass market (including the rest of the world). That’s why their numbers are dropping. Toyota has a bette appeal around the world, smaller and more fuel efficient.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
You must really hate gay people as you seem to always try to attach gay people to a negative idea or impression. Obviously your numbers only assume that it “must be” because of their preference of equality. However they don’t build the type of cars that appeal to the mass market (including the rest of the world). That’s why their numbers are dropping. Toyota has a bette appeal around the world, smaller and more fuel efficient.

You are wrong. I hate things they do but I could not pick out a gay person I hate. It does not help that Ford is alienating millions of buyers. Their loss.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:42 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,324,902 times
I don't understand the context here. Is Ford building gay cars? If so, how are they gay? I mean, are they all pink or rainbow colored or something? Are the sparkplugs inserted into the exhaust pipes? Do their pickups have vanity mirrors?

What is up here people?

Old 10-02-2007, 07:12 PM

1,565 posts, read 4,309,945 times
sorry but ford is doomed. It's not only the cars that are their problem, but their name has become synonymous with poor quality (fire or rollover daily). Best thing they could do is change their name and create a whole new lineup (minus the f-150 series)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies