Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 04:05 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times

Advertisements

Marijuana is so damaging. I once did an entire marijuana and died.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 04:09 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
It's surprising how few people actually know about jury nullification, and its role in the judicial system.

That's the point of having jurors decide cases instead of panels of judges (who would obviously be better-versed in the laws themselves). The jurors have the ability to reject the very basis for the prosecution, whether or not the person on trial is technically guilty of the alleged charges.
I've posted stuff on this board about jury nullification for the past 3 or 4 years. Its surprising how many responses I got saying jury nullification is wrong. Too many of us forget that most of the constitution (including trial by jury) is there to protect us from government and not to empower government.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:11 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times
Unintentional deaths from prescription drug overdoses in 2007: 27,000

CDC Grand Rounds: Prescription Drug Overdoses — a U.S. Epidemic

Deaths from marijuana, ever: 0

Marijuana Smoking Doesn't Kill

Old 08-17-2012, 04:11 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Pot does so much damage to people, communities and to the future that I would have no problem of having the death penalty for suppiers of a large amount.
Maybe confiscate property for buying it and make it tough to do it.

It's stupid to do, businesses don't want self medicating people and so forth.

so they should have the death penalty for large suppliers of alcohol also!!! right hard booze is worse than weed so they should be hanged high and dropped low for such crimes

and anybody caught with a beer or a glass of wine or hard booze should lose his or her property. right??

Old 08-17-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So if somebody is driving down the road stoned outta their mind and runs over a little kid you will let them walk? I mean getting caught with a bag of weed on you is one thing but............
Maybe, maybe not. Was it negligent homicide? If so, it's not a pot case. It's a homicide case.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
You are right. The subject has been rehashed over and over and I will never change my mind.

I will point out, though, that 80% of drugs addicts who enter Cliffside treatment center in Malibu, California started off using pot. Not a "myth;" a fact.
I suspect almost all of them ate Wheaties before they got into pot. So we should ban Wheaties since they are obviously (using your logic) a gateway food to pot.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Pot does so much damage to people, communities and to the future that I would have no problem of having the death penalty for suppiers of a large amount.
Maybe confiscate property for buying it and make it tough to do it.

It's stupid to do, businesses don't want self medicating people and so forth.
And I would support making large pot growers president of their local Chamber of Commerce.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:53 PM

345 posts, read 643,134 times
FACT: 100% of hard drug users started off drinking water. BAN WATER.

Oh wait, correlation isn't causation.

Fleet, why is it that you only come out of hiding to post in these marijuana threads? We get it, we know you hate liberty and you hate the planet earth.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:56 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureNarcotic View Post
FACT: 100% of hard drug users started off drinking water. BAN WATER.

Oh wait, correlation isn't causation.

Fleet, why is it that you only come out of hiding to post in these marijuana threads? We get it, we know you hate liberty and you hate the planet earth.
I don't "only come out of hiding." I post on other threads and boards, too.

I don't "hate liberty," that is another thing you got wrong. I oppose mind-altering drug use because of how it affects society. And I don't "hate planet earth." A very irrational and silly claim.

But this thread is not about me, so try to stay on the subject, okay?

Old 08-17-2012, 05:07 PM

990 posts, read 939,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
You are right. The subject has been rehashed over and over and I will never change my mind.

I will point out, though, that 80% of drugs addicts who enter Cliffside treatment center in Malibu, California started off using pot. Not a "myth;" a fact.

Seriously, the "Gateway" BS again?

I bet you more of those people had that popular narcotic known as Caffeine.
Or Sugar.
Or Alcohol.

20% never started on pot too...so that flies in the face of the "gateway" nonsense.

Seriously, if you're against legalization, you're against logic. It's obvious that prohibition doesn't work to anyone with half a brain, it costs BILLIONS while ruining the lives of millions of people through idiotic laws and prosecution. We could be making billions off of Marijuana, helping the economy (you know, that reason why you Fox News types want to oust Obama for Romney) while cutting government costs through the massive amounts of time wasted by police and federal agents on policing this harmless herb.

There isn't a single intelligent argument for keeping marijuana illegal. Not one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies