Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Country is the biggest war-mongering menace to the world?
Israel 33 39.76%
North Korea 7 8.43%
Iran 21 25.30%
Russa 2 2.41%
China 6 7.23%
Venezuela 1 1.20%
Congo (DRC) 0 0%
Cuba 0 0%
Luxembourg 13 15.66%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 02:26 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,803,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkilgore View Post
Probably because 90% of the respondents would have voted for the US.

As is, it's a pretty ridiculous poll (Luxemborg???). Pretty much NO country is currently a "war-mongering Menace to the world", because no country is currently menacing the world. If it had been "war mongering menace to its neighbors", or "country most likely to initiate World War III", then we'd have a list.
The whole point of the poll was for people to pick Israel.

It's the first option, clearly we know what the intended direction of this thread was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2012, 02:30 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,157,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post

It's the first option, clearly we know what the intended direction of this thread was.
Well... nearly 16% of the voters are showing real concern about the aggressive and dictatorial state of Luxumbourg.

It also shows that a proportion of people don't like to be led in rigged polls.

Old 08-18-2012, 02:30 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,469,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X14Freak View Post
Tibet is debatable and all Chinese regardless of whether they are pro-Western democrats or anti-Western autocrats agree that Tibet is part of China. Even if China became liberal and democratic with free elections, I absolutely guarantee you that they will not let go of Tibet. Republic of China (Taiwan) considers Tibet to be a part of China.

If you are wondering why the Chinese are so adamant about Tibet it is because it has the highest plateau in the world and thus protects China from an invasion from the Indian subcontinent. Tibet also has most of the watersheds for India's biggest rivers and also has all the watersheds for a significant portion of China's rivers. Also, notice that there is not one country in the world that recognizes Tibet as being occupied and even the Dalai Lama just wants more autonomy rather than independence. The West has to give a pretty good reason why China should relinquish such a strategic territory and would also have to make significant concessions for China to grant them independence. The Chinese does not trust the West especially after NATO expanded into former Soviet satellites even when the West promised it would not do so. Short of a massive war (which the West would never fight on behalf of Tibet), I don't see the Chinese ever giving up Tibet.
The west doesn't have to explain anything. Those lefties who daily criticize US foreign policies, while being extremely forgiving and "understanding" towards countries like China or Russia should. One probable reason is that they have no idea (and don't really care) about life in China or Russia. The surprised reaction to the latest arrests of singers in Russia proves the point.
As for China, only US power can keep them in check and from totally dominating their neighbors.

Old 08-18-2012, 02:46 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,955,195 times
The US, Israel and the UK

Old 08-18-2012, 04:50 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,611,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
There is a little place called Tibet...
The Chinese aren't pushing further only because they fear the consequences. Without the US, Taiwan would had been history. Same with Russia and their little neighbors.
I don't know about that, I don't think the US would go to war with China over Taiwan. It's possible that China isn't willing to make that gamble, but my guess is that China knows it can have Taiwan any time it wishes, and Taiwan knows it too.

Old 08-18-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post

And if I placed Israel in the middle of the countries then you would accuse me of attempting to "hide" Israel within the other countries to make the poll appear non-biased. And if I put it at the end, you would accuse me of placing a bunch of countries that no one would pick before it so they had to pick Israel. It's not my fault most people are picking Israel. Contrary to what you might think, I didn't rig the poll.

Old 08-18-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
And if I placed Israel in the middle of the countries then you would accuse me of attempting to "hide" Israel within the other countries to make the poll appear non-biased. And if I put it at the end, you would accuse me of placing a bunch of countries that no one would pick before it so they had to pick Israel. It's not my fault most people are picking Israel. Contrary to what you might think, I didn't rig the poll.
If you didn't rig the poll why isn't the Wholesome USA, Friendly UK and Cuddly France in it instead of Evil Luxumbourg, Scarey Venezuela and Dastardly Cuba?

Old 08-18-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
If you didn't rig the poll why isn't the Wholesome USA, Friendly UK and Cuddly France in it instead of Evil Luxumbourg, Scarey Venezuela and Dastardly Cuba?
The US has embargos against those countries, and accused Venezuela in assisting Iran in "terrorism" and other mischief. So you think I rigged the poll because I didn't replace these countries with France? Give it up.

Old 08-18-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The US has embargos against those countries, and accused Venezuela in assisting Iran in "terrorism" and other mischief. So you think I rigged the poll because I didn't replace these countries with France? Give it up.
Give it up? Not sure what it means but ok, it's your game and your rules and you can play it how you want...

Old 08-18-2012, 05:25 PM

831 posts, read 681,498 times
Im gonna have to go with that evil SOB's luxemburg, they almost as bad as america.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies