Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 08:13 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,780,625 times

Advertisements

What is truely sad, is that this is 2012 , and we (humans) still resort to these types of barbaric acts......regardless of the reason.....maybe by 3012 such acts will cease, then again maybe not......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 08:15 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
What is truely sad, is that this is 2012 , and we (humans) still resort to these types of barbaric acts......regardless of the reason.....maybe by 3012 such acts will cease, then again maybe not......
As long as people read books that are supposed to represent God, that authorize killing in the name of that God, this kind of thing will always happen.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:17 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
It's certainly too much to ask most posters on this forum to actually think before posting but,

If followers of Islam believe that their god demands them to kill those who do not believe, why should they not do so?
Just maybe before you run your yap, it would be a good investment to buy their book. I have and no where does it say 'Go forth my young ladds and hack off heads!'

Sometimes book larnin' will take the place of trying to think.

Now i didn't say you had to agree with their book, and I don't and i don't happen to agree with any books where Gods are mentioned, but I am just barely human enough to be sickened by these barbarians.

I did watch the video, but i have seen people die in front of my eyes before. It is never fun.

never the less just because it does not say to hack of heads, it does say it';s ok to stone women to death for adultery but their has to be 4 witness to get a guilty as charged conviction.

The small problem I have with their adultery is we call it rape.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:19 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Just maybe before you run your yap, it would be a good investment to buy their book. I have and no where does it say 'Go forth my young ladds and hack off heads!'

Now i didn't say you had to agree with their book, and I don't and i don't happen to agree with any books where Gods are mentioned, but I am just barely human enough to be sickened by these barbarians.

I did watch the video, but i have seen people die in front of my eyes before. It is never fun.

never the less just because it does not say to hack of heads, it does say it';s ok to stone women to death for adultery but their has to be 4 witness to get a guilty as charged conviction.

The small problem I have with their adultery is we call it rape.
Does say its OK to kill infidels, or those that do not believe in God, just like the holy Bible.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Actually from what I have read here we would be making a good deal to trade some of ours for some of theirs
Perhaps we should make a few nominations.

It might reduce the whine.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Every religion is free to practice here. The bad actions of a few, does not mean all are evil. We have abortion bombings by Christians, doesn't mean all Christians are evil.
I hope your here is not my here, because like Obama, if they bring a knife, i will bring a gun

Old 08-17-2012, 08:21 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,979 times
Quote:

Quote:
If

Quote:
I hope your here is not my here, because like Obama, if they bring a knife, i will bring a gun
You think that your gun is more powerful than their god?
Is a gun more powerful than your god?

Old 08-17-2012, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
Sorry but if this were a bet for money, you would lose. This has been a problem for thousands of years and will be for thousands more until all of one side is gone. Sad but true.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
You think that your gun is more powerful than their god?
Is a gun more powerful than your god?
I am too old to find out but my son isn't.... Which god is it of mine you speak of anyway.... The raven or the turtle?

I was never good at 'If'... There was no 'IF' about it they hacked off that kids head with a dull knife. Maybe you should try it sometime. Call it American weight loss plan or something.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:30 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,780,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
As long as people read books that are supposed to represent God, that authorize killing in the name of that God, this kind of thing will always happen.

The thought of darilects come to mind.....funny thing, i've read the Bible and the Quran, The Secret, Mein Kamph, The Torah, and at no time did I feel the need to kill someone because they thought differently than me. People believe what they want to believe.....no matter rhyme nor reason.....i know man will continue to kill man till the end of days, it is just a sad state of affairs that's all.....no matter what their belief
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies