Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 01:20 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,524,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Also says "I don't know where I'm gonna live if America keeps going the way it's going because it looks like it's turning into Nazi America."

It would be great if he played at the GOP convention

Megadeth Frontman Dave Mustaine Claims Obama Staged U.S. Shootings - Dave Mustaine - Zimbio
Dave Mustaine is both a big Alex Jones fan and Rick Santorum supporter---so go figure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 02:02 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The guy has the same style he had in the 80's, ala Spinal Tap.

Velvetta.
The crazy thing was back in his crackhead days he was somewhat left wing. Wrote a bunch of anti-nuclear war, pro-environment, pro-farm aid songs. When he put down the pipe and found Jebus that's when he went all nuthouse.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:19 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,524,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
The crazy thing was back in his crackhead days he was somewhat left wing. Wrote a bunch of anti-nuclear war, pro-environment, pro-farm aid songs. When he put down the pipe and found Jebus that's when he went all nuthouse.
When he did the Countdown to Extinction album it seemed like he was very critical of the Bush/Reagan administrations. The song "Foreclosure of a Dream" was a criticism against Reaganomics.

Then again this was the guy who was so drunk and drugged out in the early 80s that he was kicked out of Metallica of all bands...

Old 08-20-2012, 12:24 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Wow this guy wants to be the new Nugent. It's hard to out-douchebag the Nuge but he's getting there. I'm waiting for the new Nuge/Mustaine collaboration album "We Love Guns and Have Small Willies"
Or he could start a rap group (ignore his talent in other words) and utter a bunch of idiotic words in ebonics and preach violence and rep yo hood to a computer beat

It is hard to out trash a rap retard, but I am sure the ghettos of America are trying hard. Common and the others can do well I am sure

Common and Kayne West can name their first album "we love welfare, knocking up low self esteem white hoes and doing crack"

Old 08-20-2012, 12:25 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I think he may have gone religious at some point. Maybe Ryan should start listening to him instead? I think Mustaine is trying to pick up the mantle from Ted "Pedo" Nugent.

I'm trying to come up with a good right-wing rock musician and none are coming to mind. The arts just aren't the place if you're a right-winger.
Rush isn't bad (not Limbaugh, the band), though they're more libertarian than conservative.

Old 08-20-2012, 04:59 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Then again this was the guy who was so drunk and drugged out in the early 80s that he was kicked out of Metallica of all bands...
To be fair that's because they stole enough song ideas for four albums and didn't want to credit him.

Old 08-20-2012, 05:05 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times
Quote:
To be fair that's because they stole enough song ideas for four albums and didn't want to credit him.
... enough ideas for four albums? Uh... coming from the standpoint of a recording musician, I call BS on that. I doubt he laid out ideas for 50+ songs over the course of two years, and the rest of the band spent the next 20+ years not being able to come up with anything of their own. He was credited with co-writing six songs on two early albums, which sounds about right. Generally speaking, when you kick someone out and add a new person, you start doing new stuff that's more their style.

But, I digress: I always like Iron Maiden more anyways:

Iron Maiden - Be Quick Or Be Dead - YouTube

Old 08-20-2012, 05:42 PM

736 posts, read 524,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Just another aging rocker probably hoping to stay in the public eye with a political statement. I always liked Megadeth and am just going to ignore this. It's silly. Politics are an extra hot topic right now. Even a member of Rage against the machine went on a rant about Romney running mate Paul Ryan recently.

Tom Morello has made a living criticizing the establishment and the rich while gaining a fortune of 60 million dollars. He has now become the rich and the machine he railed against. It was fans like Ryan who bought his albums making him what he is today.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:51 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Or he could start a rap group (ignore his talent in other words) and utter a bunch of idiotic words in ebonics and preach violence and rep yo hood to a computer beat

It is hard to out trash a rap retard, but I am sure the ghettos of America are trying hard. Common and the others can do well I am sure

Common and Kayne West can name their first album "we love welfare, knocking up low self esteem white hoes and doing crack"
I'm not a rap fan, but neither Kayne West nor Common seem like gangsta rappers, then again, I'm not a square middle aged suburban Republican.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:02 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
Quote:
then again he put this out in 2007

Megadeth - Washington Is Next - Lyrics - YouTube

who knows what's going through his mind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies